Irish senior promises 1 million baht dowry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irish senior promises seven figure dowry to tie knot with Thai girlfriend

Headline say seven figures, that could be 9 million baht.;) IMO he is a very cheep Charlie.:rolleyes: Locally I personally know a girl and the bank that has given 9.5 million. Thats is not counting the 1 million on the Buddha party which I attended or the 15 million baht crib that was not built by ATB or the 6 times she has gone to his home country.:eek::D As of this posting they have not legally married.o_O

That phone shop in Surin is at the Chong Chom Market where everything is pirated or copied.

Irish senior promises seven figure dowry to tie knot with Thai girlfriend.

Picture:T-News

SURIN: -- An engagement ceremony took place in Surin yesterday when the groom, a 64 year old Irishman, promised his 44 year old bride's parents a "seven figure dowry".

The engagement and ceremony to mark moving into a new house was carried out according to all the traditions of people in Surin.

The happy couple are Richard McAllister, an Irish IT executive from London and his bride Natpaphat Jaratporakun who owns a mobile phone shop in a market on the Cambodian border.

The couple met online and communicated by email over a five year period.

They will marry next year when the parents will lose a daughter but gain a large dowry.

Source: T-News

Total up land + house + car + trips to your own country + other holidays + other subsistence costs etc etc and I guess we are all in the same league

Sidenote.:eek: We have an invite to another one of these shindig. Best friend of the first one.She also landed a live wire and he also is putting out the same kind of money I described on the first girl.:eek::rolleyes::D If the party is like that one it first one it may may be worth a 3 hour drive and a stay over.:D:D:D

I guess this will inspire the families of some poor wench. I know girls in Australia that thought they were going to the land of milk and honey and landed up living in a shed in the bush.
Not quite what they expected.
From recent reports I have heard that at least Australian Immigration has tightened control of persons not suitable to bring a partner from over seas. Including financial and criminal history checks in Australia and country of partner.

Back to the OP though. I am sorry "Really" paying that much for a 44 year old. How many times round the mill has she been and how many grand kids?
Very patriotic to hold up pictures of the late king and The King mother. But what was it, with that ?

We must not forget that, hereabouts, pretty much everything is for show. We don't know what arrangements might have been made behind the show.
I paid sinsod, can't remember how much 13 years down the line. At our village wedding it was publicly displayed, counted and carried away by my wife's father. It went back into my bank account the very next day. That was the deal. The village was happy and, 13 years later, so are we...... mostly!

We must not forget that, hereabouts, pretty much everything is for show. We don't know what arrangements might have been made behind the show.
I paid sinsod, can't remember how much 13 years down the line. At our village wedding it was publicly displayed, counted and carried away by my wife's father. It went back into my bank account the very next day. That was the deal. The village was happy and, 13 years later, so are we...... mostly!
Same same with me, didn't even bother to change my £s to bht, just scattered a few £20s on the plate they seemed impressed with that. Job done. And the same as you just over 10 years on and still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back