O-A Visa Extension

Since when has this forum required insisted on seeing a profile picture before accepting a post?

No idea

I posted preference to 'Surin Group' in good faith.

Maybe there is another?

Despite Ivor's response you have to be arrogant to overlook the potentially negative impact of such comments, on a widely read Facebook group like Thai Visa Advice.

Perhaps I will mention the wealth of of knowledge that Nomad referred to see if it draws further clarification.

No idea

I posted preference to 'Surin Group' in good faith.

Maybe there is another?

Despite Ivor's response you have to be arrogant to overlook the potentially negative impact of such comments, on a widely read Facebook group like Thai Visa Advice.

Perhaps I will mention the wealth of of knowledge that Nomad referred to see if it draws further clarification.
I dont read it.

slapfight.gif

I do look at Thai Visa now and then. There are a lot of stupid bitter people on there who give Farang a bad name with there bitter comments about Thailand , Thai immigration and Thai people.
I believe that Thai immigration read forums.
So is it any wonder that a some immigration think Farang living in there country do not deserve to live here and if they are not here should go back to there own countries.
And we all could be getting back lash from some immigration officers.
And if that is the case. I don't blame them for there feelings.

These type of people are the same wherever they are.

But there are some good members on there as well who are a great help ex: Ubon Joe.

To give a example.
After the second world war.
People from the UK had assistance from the NZ govt. to live and work in NZ.
They complained about the country and were always saying how much better it was at home. [UK ]
They got into the unions and caused all sorts of strife.
They were named the whinging Pom''s. Not all from the UK were like that but all of them got painted with the same brush..
For many years any people from the UK were disliked greatly.
Do Thai immigration and some Thai people look at all expates living here in Thailand the same way?
Many Dutch people payed there own way to NZ and worked very hard.
They did well and and were well liked.
I am not putting people from the UK down.
But it is a good example of what some people on forums are doing here in Thailand and most likely other countries too.
Most of us, me includes voice what we feel at times.
But I think we should be more careful of where and when we spout off. It was and is our choice.

I do look at Thai Visa now and then. There are a lot of stupid bitter people on there who give Farang a bad name with there bitter comments about Thailand , Thai immigration and Thai people.
I believe that Thai immigration read forums.
So is it any wonder that a some immigration think Farang living in there country do not deserve to live here and if they are not here should go back to there own countries.
And we all could be getting back lash from some immigration officers.
And if that is the case. I don't blame them for there feelings.

These type of people are the same wherever they are.

But there are some good members on there as well who are a great help ex: Ubon Joe.

To give a example.
After the second world war.
People from the UK had assistance from the NZ govt. to live and work in NZ.
They complained about the country and were always saying how much better it was at home. [UK ]
They got into the unions and caused all sorts of strife.
They were named the whinging Pom''s. Not all from the UK were like that but all of them got painted with the same brush..
For many years any people from the UK were disliked greatly.
Do Thai immigration and some Thai people look at all expates living here in Thailand the same way?
Many Dutch people payed there own way to NZ and worked very hard.
They did well and and were well liked.
I am not putting people from the UK down.
But it is a good example of what some people on forums are doing here in Thailand and most likely other countries too.
Most of us, me includes voice what we feel at times.
But I think we should be more careful of where and when we spout off. It was and is our choice.
I think 'Thai visa advice' is a Facebook group and may not be related to the website that's now called 'Asean now'

As a visa outsider, looking in, as stated all the info is on the forum BUT it is of course unavailable to non-members who are potential future Surin residents. Not sure what threads are and aren't locked, but opening up the visa thread would possibly help potential new members and won't harm anyone..

As a visa outsider, looking in, as stated all the info is on the forum BUT it is of course unavailable to non-members who are potential future Surin residents. Not sure what threads are and aren't locked, but opening up the visa thread would possibly help potential new members and won't harm anyone..
I think I have altered this Legal Section to be viewed by non-members, as you suggested

Back