Southern Thai food

Memsaab Nomad was suffering from a nasty bout of food poisoning. She had bought and consumed some Northern Thai sausages (not Southern Thai) Saturday evening. Fortunately I did not. Later that evening she was having time consuming and multiple conversations with God down the big white telephone in the bathroom, "Ohhhhhhhhhhh God!" Strange I always thought she was a Buddha person. These conversations continued for nearly two days. Thankfully, she has now fully recovered and the stand-in driver has been retired once more after only two early morning runs.

Yes, past the Phant Hotel (and that will confuse many), past the turning to Sintorn Village, past a steel manufacturing company, past another brand new 3- floor impressive 'glass' fronted building and immediately on the left thereafter.

Memsaab Nomad was suffering from a nasty bout of food poisoning. She had bought and consumed some Northern Thai sausages (not Southern Thai) Saturday evening. Fortunately I did not. Later that evening she was having time consuming and multiple conversations with God down the big white telephone in the bathroom, "Ohhhhhhhhhhh God!" Strange I always thought she was a Buddha person. These conversations continued for nearly two days. Thankfully, she has now fully recovered and the stand-in driver has been retired once more after only two early morning runs.

Yes, past the Phant Hotel (and that will confuse many), past the turning to Sintorn Village, past a steel manufacturing company, past another brand new 3- floor impressive 'glass' fronted building and immediately on the left thereafter.
A Thai friend here suffered the same malady after eating dried thai fish, they medivacced her to hospital, nearly died.

Stayed at the Phant a week ago when my son wanted to visit the Elephant fesrtival with a group of friends. Much the same price as Majestic Twin and One FU but better I think,. Well hidden away. ;)

I love southern Thai food and this place is easy to find, accessible from my side of town and has parking. Now all I got to do is shake my "village lethargy" and get off my arse and visit the restaurant.

Stayed at the Phant a week ago when my son wanted to visit the Elephant fesrtival with a group of friends. Much the same price as Majestic Twin and One FU but better I think,. Well hidden away. ;)
I live a couple of hundred meters behind The Phant in Kopalat Village. You should have given me a shout.

I love southern Thai food and this place is easy to find, accessible from my side of town and has parking. Now all I got to do is shake my "village lethargy" and get off my arse and visit the restaurant.
Me too. I will definitely give it a try when I am left home alone and can't be arsed to cook for myself.

Me too. I will definitely give it a try when I am left home alone and can't be arsed to cook for myself.

I am not au fait with Southern food, except that I am aware that Penang curries are a speciality as is Gaeng Som, which I do not particularly like. Would be interested to see a menu, if Callaway could oblige

I am not au fait with Southern food, except that I am aware that Penang curries are a speciality as is Gaeng Som, which I do not particularly like. Would be interested to see a menu, if Callaway could oblige
And which one would you like?

callaway-golf-irons-face-cup.jpg

Callaway, is she adapt at making Farang friendly curries? The pictures look really inviting, especially the curries, but are they one ''heat'' for all (hot, hot, very hot) or can she downgrade the heat factor for Farangs?

Callaway, is she adapt at making Farang friendly curries? The pictures look really inviting, especially the curries, but are they one ''heat'' for all (hot, hot, very hot) or can she downgrade the heat factor for Farangs?

I would imagine that they are readymade and in a pot. Muscle up man -eat them as they come.:) I often find that these ready made curries are not hot enough for me and additional chillies are required.

Best way to find out is to pop along and give them a try

While being renown for strong flavour I really don't think South cuisine is hotter then Isaan. Just my opinion.

No 2 cooks are the same. The same Isaan dishes cooked by 2 different chefs can be very different in hotness, and also ingredients sometimes. No doubt the same applies to southern food.

I love the Southern Thai food shop .
In Surin we have 4 I know of an we use them all , my only slight complaint they don't use beef like they did in the past (economy I guess beef prices ).
Pork is not my favourite.
We will keep an eye out for this new place thanks to sharing .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Back