Southern Thai food

Open 1 and a half hours and many have come to enjoy. All telling the food is so good. The curry is a big hit and big pot of it is nearly gone. Looks like they will need to double up on this dish. Customers have been raving about the taste.

I can not tell a lie, it was me. I cannot say too much about the food on offer other than it looked very apetizing. My wife said it was very, very spicy and far too hot for me! I think it brought tears to her eyes and she is a campaign veteran of many years standing. I am only a one pepper/plate person and I will not try Nick's suggestion to "man up". I value my throat, stomach and nasal passages too much. Not to mention the after burn the following day.

I did put in a good word for you and said you were doing a good job getting the word out on this website. They seemed slightly puzzled as to how you could do this when you are working far, far away. Safe travels when you return next week.

Thanks for support Nomad. Yes south curry does have a bite to it. But that is the south curry. Maybe she can ask for a dish without so much bite next time if that was too hot. There are several that are not as hot/spicy. There are some curries that are not so hot too. Just ask the staff to suggest for her and tell her to ask for a taste so she can get what she likes to eat. I have spoken to owner and she says she has informed staff to help like this. Even though it was spicy for her I hope she enjoyed it. And yes I am looking forward to coming back home next week that is for sure. Have a great day mate.

Last edited:
Thanks for support Nomad. Yes south curry does have a bite to it. But that is the south curry. Maybe she can ask for a dish without so much bite next time if that was too hot. There are several that are not as hot/spicy. There are some curries that are not so hot too. Just ask the staff to suggest for her and tell her to ask for a taste so she can get what she likes to eat. I have spoken to owner and she says she has informed staff to help like this. Even though it was spicy for her I hope she enjoyed it. And yes I am looking forward to coming back home next week that is for sure. Have a great day mate.

For God's sake Callaway...... don't let her dumb it down just for Falangs .....:smile::smile:

I am constantly frustrated by the Thais (generally) refusing to make a pad krappow 'pet pet' for a Falang. Even when I ask for 'Isaan pet pet' they still don't have the courage to do so.

The missus says I should ask for 5 or 6 chillies...... I suspect Nick's number could be higher.....

Perhaps your wife could have a small mild selection for those with delicate tastes.

For God's sake Callaway...... don't let her dumb it down just for Falangs .....:smile::smile:

I am constantly frustrated by the Thais (generally) refusing to make a pad krappow 'pet pet' for a Falang. Even when I ask for 'Isaan pet pet' they still don't have the courage to do so.

The missus says I should ask for 5 or 6 chillies...... I suspect Nick's number could be higher.....

Perhaps your wife could have a small mild selection for those with delicate tastes.

Somewhat dangerous to specify the number of chillies. There are chillies and there are CHILLIES!!!

A visit to Bamboozelled may be in order then.....

"Carry oot today from Bamboozelled - pad krapoo gai (ผัดกระเพราไก่). The cook asked if I wanted it less spicy? "Just as it comes", I said."

spicy food.jpg

They will keep the very spicy but just letting all know can ask staff for advice as to your taste requirements as there are some less spicy dishes available. I am sure these will still have a bit of a bite or else it cannot be south food

Nomad frogs legs with a touch of egg and flour and deep fried with a cold beer is really good. I have them often at home but know they are good frogs because we breed them. Thats the secret is the quality of frog.

Nomad frogs legs with a touch of egg and flour and deep fried with a cold beer is really good. I have them often at home but know they are good frogs because we breed them. Thats the secret is the quality of frog.

What happens to the rest of the frog?

What happens to the rest of the frog?
There is not much on the rest. I guess the Thais will eat all but I am only a leg sort of bloke. I have never actually asked if they eat the rest as I am normally sitting outside near the pool having a coldie and eating so never wandered back in to see or ask. We have thousands of them when breeding so not too worried with the rest of the frog.

A friend of mine is married to a Laos girl and if she buy frogs from the market she also buys food for them to ensure they are still healthy when it comes the time to cook them. I know here in Surin they skin them alive to ensure they are fresh.

031.jpg

Its a psychological thing with me. If I had to eat frog to survive in the jungle I would do it. However, if I don't need it I will not try it.
I’m the same with rats. I know they are ‘country animals’ and not the filthy critters that roam sewers, but I still wouldn’t eat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rat is "only" a rodent - just as is a guinea pig, which I have eaten as "cui" a common enough source of protein in Peru...

19437511.jpg

There, they live under the floor of village homes, and are treated in much the same way as chickens elsewhere, being fattened for the pot and dispatched as and when required. Tasty too!

Have passed along the info for this new Southern Thai food restauarant to those I know would be interested and likely try it out. My wife likes certain dishes of the Southern cuisine and we will go there one day to fill her tummy with what she so desires. Their hours are short, breakfast and lunch it seems. Wish them luck and riches.

Back