Sunday roast surin city..

The original roast beef diner..

12298-Top__60237_zoom_0.jpg

The price of Thai beef has gone up again the past week. Imported beef will be much more per kilo, and lamb is not cheap here as well.
I'm curious though, Colin (not that I'd be doing one myself), but as someone who would eat a Surin venue's roast dinner as you describe, frequently if you could get it in Surin, what would you say is a fair pricing of the roast dinner you envision? Of the size of portion, quality of the roast and ingredients, with the pudding, apple pie, etc. What do you see, having all that you would want in a roast Sunday dinner, would be what 'you' would be willing to pay for that? Like I said, I'm just curious. 150 baht? 175? 200? 250? 300? More? And by 'frequently' what do you mean? Once a month, twice? 3 Sundays a month? Every Sunday when possible? It would be interesting to see what you reply, and what other members here would say as well. Could be a good thread which might help a Surin establishment know what the punters want and expect of their roast dinner of a Sunday, and what they think would be a fair price for what they want as well.

I don't have plans to do myself, but someone else might and this could be good for them to see.

Mike

Mike,
I would eat a roast dinner once or twice a month, although I wouldn't want a choice of meat on any particular day I would look for a rotation of meats between say beef, turkey, lamb and pork.
My ideal would be to include roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, caulifower cheese and another veg eg carrots or green beans and a good gravy. (digressing i'm at the end of a holiday with my daughter near San Francisco and after taking in a San Francisco Giants baseball game we went to eat in the city at a reputedly famous restaurant which only served rib of beef and charged 50$ without drinks or pudding, the beef was good but spoilt by the gravy which was foul and tasted like it was from a packet, ok for a cheap dinner but not at 50$)
If i enjoyed the food I would pay up to 400 baht including pudding and would consider it my weekend treat.

Many of the Thai/Farang couples that eat at the FC order both Thai and Farang food, nearly every table is a mix of both foods.

Of course, and that has always been the same at Starbeam's. The whole point of making Starbeam's was to provide a good place that catered to both farang and Thai tastes, with good food all could enjoy, in comfort, with the amenities many want while dining out. And with the quality condiments and extras that make a difference for many. I wanted a place I would want to eat at, have a drink, chat with friends, could bring my whole family, and enjoy, with something different from the same old same old as well for choices on the menu, but good quality Thai food standards too. We have whole families of Thais, and many mixed heritage couples, and their families, dining in our place.

Mike

Of course, and that has always been the same at Starbeam's. The whole point of making Starbeam's was to provide a good place that catered to both farang and Thai tastes, with good food all could enjoy, in comfort, with the amenities many want while dining out. And with the quality condiments and extras that make a difference for many. I wanted a place I would want to eat at, have a drink, chat with friends, could bring my whole family, and enjoy, with something different from the same old same old as well for choices on the menu, but good quality Thai food standards too. We have whole families of Thais, and many mixed heritage couples, and their families, dining in our place.

Mike

Sorry for the confusion... wasn't saying this was the case about your place... was responding to what you said:

What usually happened (and which I disliked immensely) was I would eat alone in a farang joint and my wife and family would go to a Thai place.

Not having a go at your place mate...

Sorry for the confusion... wasn't saying this was the case about your place... was responding to what you said:

What usually happened (and which I disliked immensely) was I would eat alone in a farang joint and my wife and family would go to a Thai place.

Not having a go at your place mate...

I didn't think you were having a go at me. I was agreeing with you and explaining that our concept is the same, to cater to both cuisines and have everybody happy. :) No worries mate. No confusion here.

Mike

The Robins Nest do a excellent carvery for 249 baht and this includes three courses

ROBIN’S 3 COURSE CARVERY
Every Sunday 12pm – 9pm – All You Can Eat

Home- made Minestrone SoupChoice of Roasts & Other Dishes with a selection of Potatoes & VegetablesHelp Yourself To Ice Cream

http://robinsnestpattaya.com/food-drink/

Back