Surin McDonald's coming soon

"My wife's whole village is Khmer speaking, together with the surrounding villages"...
as is ours some 12 km west of Prasat. Around these parts Thai is not the first language, and Pattaya has been full of lovely Issan girls for a long time, as they are the prettiest of all methinks. And Issan girls speak khmer and Lao generally, as their first language.
just my humble opinion...
mario299

I wish McDonald's wouldn't force us to eat their burgers and breakfasts. I wish they wouldn't come to Surin and help make it a cosmopolitan city...I remember in 1967 I had one and I didn't like the shape of the bread bun.
For christ sake! some of you guys are getting old and grumpy!

The only time I ever go to a McDonalds is when travelling - delayed at airports, long distance driving, convenient first meal in a strange location. Walk and drive past several McDs in Pattaya every day, (2 McDs in easy walking distance of our condo) but it never occurs to me to go inside.

The only time I ever go to a McDonalds is when travelling - delayed at airports, long distance driving, convenient first meal in a strange location. Walk and drive past several McDs in Pattaya every day, (2 McDs in easy walking distance of our condo) but it never occurs to me to go inside.

No need to go inside. Just call them and they will deliver those burgers and breakfast McMuffins right to your door/home/hotel/condo in minutes. :) The number in BKK is 1711 I think.

I wish McDonald's wouldn't force us to eat their burgers and breakfasts. I wish they wouldn't come to Surin and help make it a cosmopolitan city...I remember in 1967 I had one and I didn't like the shape of the bread bun.

555555555555. I know. Silly stuff, Surin. Use their business, or don't. Millions do all around the world. It's convenient, especially when traveling and hungry. And you know exactly what you will get and it seems to taste the same no matter where you are in the world. It's just burgers and stuff. Fast food. I'd rather that then the stuff they microwave for you in 7-11! And drive through is very convenient when you are traveling the highways and just want a quick bite along the way. It is what it is. Why do some expect more? Or even care?

Much of what the Thais eat and consider 'fast food', the street fare, is much like McD's, only Thai. Sugar, fats, cheap ingredients, MSG or other chemicals to keep it fresh, etc.

Its not McShit thats doing the forceing its McThai http://www.amchamthailand.com/ACCT/asp/corpdetail.asp?CorpID=199 who owns 100% of al the franchises in Thailand and when you look at the customers base its 99% Thai.

And the Thais eat it up and the ThaiMcD company franchiser is making a fortune off it. Walk into any McD's in Thailand and you will see it is full of Thais, not farangs.

They should have one in Robinson's, or a Burger King. Both would do a bang up Thai business in my opinion.

They should have one in Robinson's, or a Burger King. Both would do a bang up Thai business in my opinion.
I do believe it was the subject of a study by McD. Some 4 years ago they employed a security guard to count vehicles over a three month period or so. Reportedly, it was part of a feasibility study. Nothing ever came of it. Mind you, it would seem that there are a lot more customers going to Robinson's today than there were 4 years ago. The main car park is full to brimming and auxillary uncovered car park seems well occupied too. I agree with you Cent, I think it would do good trade today.

cfe6404502c4539abcf448eb1660747b45acae3f78d9ca7839d3235f753f8439.jpg

Not that I'm an expert on burgers but Burger Bang puts out a few decent snacks.

I like their London Beef Cheeseburger when I am too lazy or haven't the ingredients at hand. Not expensive, tasty, and nearby usually to my home.

Back