Surin McDonald's coming soon

I do believe it was the subject of a study by McD. Some 4 years ago they employed a security guard to count vehicles over a three month period or so. Reportedly, it was part of a feasibility study. Nothing ever came of it. Mind you, it would seem that there are a lot more customers going to Robinson's today than there were 4 years ago. The main car park is full to brimming and auxillary uncovered car park seems well occupied too. I agree with you Cent, I think it would do good trade today.

Robinson's parking lot is nearly full every day, weekends it is insane it is so full. If they did a 3 month feasibility study now going by the cars in the lot they would see their folly.

And being that McD's is a known product and everyone knows the 'brand' I think they would be full most days. And they now have many things besides beef burgers and the Thais would flock to the place if there was one in Robinson's.

I want Five Guys ...FCUK BK and McShit.

five_guys.jpg

Robinson's parking lot is nearly full every day, weekends it is insane it is so full. If they did a 3 month feasibility study now going by the cars in the lot they would see their folly.

And being that McD's is a known product and everyone knows the 'brand' I think they would be full most days. And they now have many things besides beef burgers and the Thais would flock to the place if there was one in Robinson's.
That said, a year or so ago I went to the McD behind the Thunderdome Stadium in Buriram. My daughters enjoyed their burger but I was not impressed.

They are not made to impress. They are, or were, made for a quick bite when out and about on the road, and to be inexpensive enough to feed your face or your whole traveling family's face. It is 'fast food' in the true sense of the phrase, and it is standardized to taste the same anywhere in the world you find a McD's. You know what you will get if you go to a McDonald's, food-wise and price-wise. If people don't like it they should not go and eat it and expect something that it is not. Many billions have been sold, so there are many who do like it enough to eat there when they want a quick bite to fill their gut. Why people think it would, or should, be anything different is beyond me. It's not gourmet. It is what it is. Like it, or don't like it and don't go there. It's just quick and convenient. And that's all it was meant to be.

They are not made to impress. They are, or were, made for a quick bite when out and about on the road, and to be inexpensive enough to feed your face or your whole traveling family's face. It is 'fast food' in the true sense of the phrase, and it is standardized to taste the same anywhere in the world you find a McD's. You know what you will get if you go to a McDonald's, food-wise and price-wise. If people don't like it they should not go and eat it and expect something that it is not. Many billions have been sold, so there are many who do like it enough to eat there when they want a quick bite to fill their gut. Why people think it would, or should, be anything different is beyond me. It's not gourmet. It is what it is. Like it, or don't like it and don't go there. It's just quick and convenient. And that's all it was meant to be.
I hear what you say but must disagree. When I was attending the hospital in Bangkok for treatment for my cancer they had a McD on the premises. I used to eat in there and enjoy the offerings. However, the stuff served out the back of the Thunderdome was nothing like it.

That said, a year or so ago I went to the McD behind the Thunderdome Stadium in Buriram. My daughters enjoyed their burger but I was not impressed.

That said, though I'm not a great fan of fast food restaurants in general, that one is probably the best McD that I've been to. Anywhere. Smiling, friendly staff at each visit, clean floors and tables, standard flavours (burgers, not the girls, so far as I know!) Quick service that lives up to the fast food label. What's not to enjoy?

I hear what you say but must disagree. When I was attending the hospital in Bangkok for treatment for my cancer they had a McD on the premises. I used to eat in there and enjoy the offerings. However, the stuff served out the back of the Thunderdome was nothing like it.

Well, not having been there myself I can't say you are wrong. But Surin Joe goes there quite often, and I'd say he's eaten enough McD's during his life in the US, in many different locations, and here in Thailand and other parts of the world in his travels, that if there was some sort of difference or problem I would think he would have expressed those facts to me at some point. LOL

One question... is the McD's out there in Buriram open daily?

I am no fan of McD's.... if I want a fast food burger (rarely) , I would choose Burger King. I also prefer chicken from KFC - much superior to the gai tort fromThai food carts and restaurants.

What I do like is the standard of service that Merlin refers to and there is no doubt that, whatever we want, the Thais respond to these fast food outlets. From my observations the likes of McD, KFC, Swensens etc are invariably full/fuller than their traditional Thai food courts.

I totally agree that a McD's would be a welcome addition to Lobinsons.

Well, not having been there myself I can't say you are wrong. But Surin Joe goes there quite often, and I'd say he's eaten enough McD's during his life in the US, in many different locations, and here in Thailand and other parts of the world in his travels, that if there was some sort of difference or problem I would think he would have expressed those facts to me at some point. LOL

One question... is the McD's out there in Buriram open daily?

From their web site.
https://www.mcdonalds.co.th/location.aspx

BURIRAM'S CASTLE (DRIVE-THRU)

444/8 Moo 15, Isan, Muang Buriram, Buriram 31000

Opening hours : 10.00 - 22.00

Tel : 044-600-820, 044-600-821

That said, though I'm not a great fan of fast food restaurants in general, that one is probably the best McD that I've been to. Anywhere. Smiling, friendly staff at each visit, clean floors and tables, standard flavours (burgers, not the girls, so far as I know!) Quick service that lives up to the fast food label. What's not to enjoy?
I may have caught them on a bad afternoon.

The last time I was in a McShit was December of last year coming back from CNX on highway 1 in Nakhon Sawan. The chances of me seeing Buriram are slim to none. IF there was a McShit in Surin I might use it about once every couple months.

....McDonald's is faster, cheaper, air conditioned, non-smoking, they wash the dishes you are using in a dishwasher with hot water, no dogs inside, no annoying drunks sitting around you, etc.

What's the fun in that .... LOL :p

Sayin' hey to good 'ol Surin Joe. :cool:

Last edited:
Back