Surin Weather 2022 - 2023

I am an engineer, notorious shite at grammar and spelling, not to mention hand writing. My Thai hand writing is no different to my English. Both shite.
For the record being an Engineer contractions such as could’ve are not generally used in academic and scientific writing, as they can lead to confusion by the reader. In my defense I was taught not to use contractions. No offense taken by the way. It must be one of your pet hates @CO-CO. We all have them. :)

Most certainly no offence intended :)

We all have our skills and I suspect if it was a pissing competition between yours and mine, I would come second!:grinning:

I am an engineer, notorious shite at grammar and spelling, not to mention hand writing. My Thai hand writing is no different to my English. Both shite.
For the record being an Engineer contractions such as could’ve are not generally used in academic and scientific writing, as they can lead to confusion by the reader. In my defense I was taught not to use contractions. No offense taken by the way. It must be one of your pet hates @CO-CO. We all have them. :)
Thats the scariest thing I have heard since I retired, " Trust me, i'm an engineer ".

When I say it hasn't changed it appears to vary up and down by about 20 mm. If they are bleeding water off from the reservoirs they are regulating the bleed far more sensibly than they did in 2013 (allegedly).

According to my wife, they are systematically bleeding water off from the reservoirs. The water level in my drum has hardly moved today. I was wrong. Just checked again - it has receded by about 10 mm.

Last edited:
According to my wife, they are systematically bleeding water off from the reservoirs. The water level in my drum has hardly moved today. I was wrong. Just checked again - it has receded by about 10 mm.

And the level has dropped a further 10 mm in the last 2 hours.

My missus wouldn't even understand the word "systematically".......... and I would certainly not understand "อย่างเป็นระบบ"

It sounds like the main brunt of the current storm is somewhat north of us. About 6 seconds between light and sound.

[Edit: "If you count the number of seconds between the flash of lightning and the sound of thunder, and then divide by 5, you'll get the distance in miles to the lightning: 5 seconds = 1 mile, 15 seconds = 3 miles, 0 seconds = very close. Keep in mind that you should be in a safe place while counting".]

It sounds like the main brunt of the current storm is somewhat north of us. About 6 seconds between light and sound.

[Edit: "If you count the number of seconds between the flash of lightning and the sound of thunder, and then divide by 5, you'll get the distance in miles to the lightning: 5 seconds = 1 mile, 15 seconds = 3 miles, 0 seconds = very close. Keep in mind that you should be in a safe place while counting".]
I was always taught to say slowly "one hundred elephants, two hundred elephants", etc., with each one hundred elephants equalling 1 mile.

Despite last evening's downpour the water level hasn't risen.

Hasn't gone down either.

Back