Surin Weather 2022 - 2023

@FERRET House in on a slightly higher part of the mu ban. So if he drove the car in any direction it was down hill. If you were wondering.

Back in the 2013 flood they had sandbags available for free at Surin Town Hall. Of course you had to fill the bags yourself.

At the time, the access to Surin Town Hall was under half a metre of water (so I was told).

For information, sandbags are currently available FOC at Surin town hall. However, you have to take your own sand as they have run out!

Back in the 2013 flood they had sandbags available for free at Surin Town Hall. Of course you had to fill the bags yourself.

At the time, the access to Surin Town Hall was under half a metre of water (so I was told).

For information, sandbags are currently available FOC at Surin town hall. However, you have to take your own sand as they have run out!
Look out @Yorky. my wife tells me they have opened the sluice gates at the reservoir today to let some excess water out. Of the 13 reservoirs surrounding the city, the capacity of each exceeds the safe storage level. Hence, the decision that it is better to run off some water in a controlled manner than risk a major breach. Further, I have just checked the water level in the 'lake' at the back of the house and I am pretty sure the water level has risen. The amount of rice grass showing above the water level has diminished significantly.

Look out @Yorky. my wife tells me they have opened the sluice gates at the reservoir today to let some excess water out. Of the 13 reservoirs surrounding the city, the capacity of each exceeds the safe storage level. Hence, the decision that it is better to run off some water in a controlled manner than risk a major breach. Further, I have just checked the water level in the 'lake' at the back of the house and I am pretty sure the water level has risen. The amount of rice grass showing above the water level has diminished significantly.

The water level at my drum (compared to my stoep) has decreased by some 25 mm since midday. Maybe the evacuation of the reservoirs is yet to show?

For Nick:

Route 24 near Sangkha

View attachment 54540

I have a feeling that FERRET's house is somewhere near.
Some folks need wet nursing! Log onto Facebook and in the search box type "Surin floods". If that is too difficult try... https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=surin floods .

The first few photos are ones posted back in 2013, including a couple I posted. There are many of the current floods too.
My FB page drew a blank on both those links. Maybe try again after a Jamesons or 2

As far as I know, we haven't had any rain over night. The water level has dropped another 25 mm since yesterday.

After seeing @FERRET's images I now consider that we are lucky.
The lake at the back of the house is still high. No change since yesterday.

As far as I know, we haven't had any rain over night. The water level has dropped another 25 mm since yesterday.

After seeing @FERRET's images I now consider that we are lucky.
Apparantly, the big kicker was a dam in Kap Chewy rupturing sending a massive torrent down stream.
The water rose 750 mm in 1 hour.

If the rupture of the dam was as a result of negligence/poor workmanship, then Ferret would have a valid claim against those responsible.
We are more concerned, at this point, about the car, albeit with full comprehensive insurance.
Pat has just gone with our neighbour to check out the water level as, it has fallen significantly overnight.
The water damage downstairs will be easily repairable.
Pat has already contacted the car insurer, wait and see.

Back