Surin Weather 2022 - 2023

Enough of this cold weather, it is time to go nuclear and combat the freezing cold. I retired my old oil-filled electric radiator a couple of months ago because it was blowing/tripping the electrics when I tested it. We have used that heater for the past 10 years. Time to buy a new heater today. There is not a lot of choice in the local shops, in fact, nothing at all, although I have found this electric fan heater in Homepro. According to their online system, there is no stock in Surin although Buriram does have 14 units in stock. I will check with the Surin branch first before traveling to Buriram.

1670889940579.png

FAN HEATER MITSUMARU AP-FH1509 -1,850 THB

Enough of this cold weather, it is time to go nuclear and combat the freezing cold. I retired my old oil-filled electric radiator a couple of months ago because it was blowing/tripping the electrics when I tested it. We have used that heater for the past 10 years. Time to buy a new heater today. There is not a lot of choice in the local shops, in fact, nothing at all, although I have found this electric fan heater in Homepro. According to their online system, there is no stock in Surin although Buriram does have 14 units in stock. I will check with the Surin branch first before traveling to Buriram.

View attachment 57430

Speaking of nuclear. https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/12/us/common-questions-nuclear-fusion-climate/index.html

View attachment 57430

Never succumbed to any form of artificial heating in my 36 years here, and don't propose starting now.

I will not be farting snowflakes tonight, that is for sure. I am now the proud owner of the heater shown below and for something so relatively small it sure packs a very big punch. It is 43.5 cm tall and 15 x 18 cm across the base with a max rating of 1800 W. It is a ceramic fan heater that @FERRRET could use in lieu of a blow torch. It has 2 elements and I doubt that I will ever need them on full blast. One element on a very low setting should be more than enough for the mancave. Blow torch shown for illustration only.

1670910805246.png 1670911071200.png

Unlike Nick, I do like my creature comforts.

For the photo illustrator on the forum, the photo police, the first illustration is 98.8 KB, and the second is 37.2 KB.

For the past week since buying my little ceramic heater, my wife has been having a good laugh at my expense. It has not been needed, not until this morning that is. She keeps ribbing me and reminding me of that. As the old saying goes, he who laughs last is roasting his chestnuts in the man cave while everyone else is freezing. What a great little machine it is with more than enough BTUs blasting out for a room the size of my man cave.

1671327213944.png

Back