Surin Weather 2022 - 2023

The shepherds won't be happy......

I thought it was the sailors?

Whoever..........

"If the morning skies are of an orange-red glow, it signifies a high-pressure air mass with stable air-trapping particles, like dust, which scatters the sun's blue light. This high pressure is moving towards the east, and a low-pressure system moves in from the west."

For the images above, the camera was pointing approximately East-South-East.

Last edited:
I thought it was the sailors?

You are obviously more familiar with mariners........... applicable to both according to the Met Office..

Red sky at night​

The concept of "Red sky at night, shepherd's delight. Red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning" first appears in the Bible in the book of Matthew. It is an old weather saying often used at sunrise and sunset to signify the changing sky and was originally known to help the shepherds prepare for the next day's weather.

Despite there being global variations in this saying such as "Red sky at night, sailors delight. Red sky in morning, sailors warning", the scientific understanding behind such occurrences remains the same.

I remember 2/3 years after I came to Surin. around this time of the year.
It was so cold I went and bought a hot water bottle because it was very cold.
2013 I believe was the year. I remember going to a Xmas Eve party with live bands a friend put on. Was the coldest I have ever been in Thailand. It was amazingly cold with a strong wind blowing through the area. 2 shirts and a jacket and I was still cold.

I do not know what forecaster GL is using.

This Windy.com

1671783482644.png

And this is Microsoft Start
1671783589873.png

The numbers after the letters are degrees C and the colours are the temperatures.

1671783679321.png

Back