Surin Weather 2022 - 2023

A weird experience just now. Less than 10 seconds of horrendous wind gusts. Little or no warning. Luckily I was outside at the time and managed to hold on to most stuff.

A weird experience just now. Less than 10 seconds of horrendous wind gusts. Little or no warning. Luckily I was outside at the time and managed to hold on to most stuff.

I've only experienced wind of that ferocity once before and that was half way up a volcano in Tenerife.

And now there is no wind at all.

Have had a few over time where a half hour or less a huge wind blows in from the storm front coming in before the rains start. Severe wind at times.

I've only experienced wind of that ferocity once before and that was half way up a volcano in Tenerife.

And now there is no wind at all.
You haven't lived then. While in the sandbox we experienced some real howlers at certain times of the year. The storm fronts out there could unleash living hell for an hour or more.

1686981357026.png

You haven't lived then. While in the sandbox we experienced some real howlers at certain times of the year. The storm fronts out there could unleash living hell for an hour or more.

I have experienced sand storms in the desert.

I don't know where the forecast on Windows is obtained from but it's definitely not 33°C, feels like 42°C!

The temperature inside the house is 26°C and it's warmer in there.

28.6 inches is a lorra rain!

You must explain to me sometime why B M Thornton is associated with rain storms.

Non-metric barometers measure in inches...(same as a dick).

Look up Willie Mae Thornton who released 'Hound Dog' in 1953 preceding Elvis' hit version.
Note she also wrote 'Ball and Chain' that Janis hit the home run with.

1950s: 'She was mighty tall and weighty and sang like a hurricane howling on home...'

Hopefully this'll assist you. :cool:

1950s: 'She was mighty tall and weighty and sang like a hurricane howling on home...'

I know of Mama Thornton but I haven't seen that quote before.

I usually associate heavy rain with Bessie Smith.....

Last edited:
Back