Temperature

Yorky

Fullritis Member
I thought we'd seen the last of the high temperatures and were heading toward quilts and beef stew. However, it's currently 34 degC in Surin having risen slowly over the last few days.

Last night at the football in Buriram it was oppressive.

It was very humid and, for the first time at that ground we were bothered by the bugs. Normally, you can see them in the wash of the floodlights but last bight they were flying close by and settling on people.

Uncomfortable. Nearly caved in and had a beer!

Yes, getting cooler at night and the air cons in the bedrooms are being switched off earlier and earlier.

I have also been to that restaurant and it is well worth the journey a bit out of town (a few kilometres).

There is an Isaan restaurant if you get homesick on the land side of the beach road in Ao Nang (raised up a little bit in a parade of shops before where you can catch the boats in the estuary). Run by a couple from Ubon.

Quit complaining you lot. It's a mere 52F here (that is 11 degrees Celsius), and it may not seem it, but it is about 45 degrees colder than there, and it feels like friggin' freezing to my body. I'll need to spend a couple weeks on the beach in Jomtien on my return just to thaw out my bones in January. :)

23 degrees in sunny Surin this morning - lovely.

Lovely indeed. I was sunbathing out the back with a cup of coffee but by 09:00 I had to take to the shade.

It has all the hallmarks of a mid-30's afternoon.

Lovely indeed. I was sunbathing out the back with a cup of coffee but by 09:00 I had to take to the shade.

It has all the hallmarks of a mid-30's afternoon.

CO-CO sunbathing! Something akin to a beached whale, I imagine.

29 degrees yesterday. 13 today. Yep, must be in Tasmania! (Only for 3 more sleeps).

Back