Temperature

As Professor Stanley Unwin's famous weather forecast said, "Tomorrow will be muggy, followed by tueggy, weggy, thurggy and friggey." Perhaps I should stop drinking now!

OK guys it finally got to me in the deep south. 18 and a breeze. This morning. Its just symphony pains for the east cost of the US.

I just love those symphony pains, GL; one of your better ones! The Painted Storks were playing about on the breeze, no doubt calling the tune.

I just love those symphony pains, GL; one of your better ones! The Painted Storks were playing about on the breeze, no doubt calling the tune.

snow-plow-cleans-up-snow-in-a-strip-mall-february-13-2014-in-the-picture-id469240345

Cooooool , ba-bay ! Do you remember when the inside of your home was considered toasty at 18C ?

We used to instruct our teachers to set school classroom heating at 18 degrees to keep the children warm.

Good try Yorky - but I don't think so. The expression is "that its cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey." Unfortunately, your picture shows what appears to be a 'wooden' monkey. I doubt very much that the the cold will ever freeze the balls off a wooden monkey. 555

Only picture I could find at short notice. Not many true brass monkeys left I suppose. If I had not been so bloody cold I would have photoshopped it.

Very true - I couldn't find one on the internet to post. I do understand the brass monkeys were used at shore-based naval establishments and were there for ceremonial purposes. The ratings would have to polish the monkey every day. Similar to a gate guard.

Back