Thai Immigration to do bi-monthly surgeries IN SURIN & BURIRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea what it all means mate truth be told just an Email sent to me from a hairless friend of ours , he has a weird way of wording things as you may well know Yorky mate ...
Cheers

I'm sure it was just a slip of the tongue (I haven't seen him since to ask).

Extensions of visas are generally based upon retirement (over 50 years old) or marriage (any age above 14 and a half I think). I'll get it clarified.

I'm sure it was just a slip of the tongue (I haven't seen him since to ask).

Extensions of visas are generally based upon retirement (over 50 years old) or marriage (any age above 14 and a half I think). I'll get it clarified.

I checked overnight. The office is/will be open to holders of any type of visa/visa extension (as far as he knows).

No "generally" about its only 50 and OVER for retirement.

In what context was the "generally" used? Don't forget the Thais count the end of your first year as being 2 years old. However, I agree it's 50 years old and over. I was influenced by the original post stating 50+.

Last edited:
However, it could be said that you are over 50 years old, immediately after the time of your birth 50 years ago.

However, it could be said that you are over 50 years old, immediately after the time of your birth 50 years ago.

In actual fact you are 50 the day before the anniversary of your birth. You cannot have the same day twice in a calendar year. 3rd Schedule of the Acts interpretation Act. That is why, if you notice that a 12 month or 1 year visa in Thailand was for example, issued on say the 1st May, will expire on the 30th April the following year.

The office is expected to be open in 1 or 2 weeks as of today, and yes normal extensions catered for..

From the head immigration (boss man ) at Osmach today...

The office is expected to be open in 1 or 2 weeks as of today, and yes normal extensions catered for..

From the head immigration (boss man ) at Osmach today...
The last that I just learned is that its probable opening is the 10th, as they would be ordinarily be closed on 7 & 9 for more holidays. We'll just have to wait and see, but know our friend Got Lost will let us know when it is actually in operation, as he lives across the street.

Just returned from the soon to be NEW REOPENED KCI. Talked to another immigration officer and they are now having 24 hour security on site. There still has not been any equipment moved in such as computers,pp scanners, etc. The office is still closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back