Thai Immigration to do bi-monthly surgeries IN SURIN & BURIRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did a drive by of the KC Immigration Office. Pad locked and cobwebs, laundry hanging on the front porch. Three cars parked in the car port.

Anything new on the bi-monthly immigration services in Surin and Buriram?

A word of warning for those doing 90-day reports at Chom Chom - please check to see that the Immigration Officer has given you the right tear-off portion of the TM47 before you leave his office. I went to Chom Chom last Saturday and the place was heaving - Laos passports everywhere in the Immigration Office. The boss man said, "I am very busy, please go away and come back later". Go where? And I got ripped off 40 Baht for parking under the trees. Sat down outside the office on the ground and waited for 15 minutes or so. Finally we got invited into the hallowed halls and the boss man processed my 90-day report. Keyed in my original visa number into the computer, asked a few questions (directed at my wife), and printed off the new TM47. Tore off the bottom of the form, folded it and stapled it into my passport. Job done we returned to Surin. My wife decided to un-staple the 90-day report after we returned home because she wanted to know the name of the Immigration Officer. At that point the mistake came to light - my name had changed to Mr Dang Zinglong and I was now of Chinese origin not British! WTF over! Scheduled an early start for Chom Chom the following day to return to Immigration to sort the problem. All credit to the Immigration Officer on duty the following day, the problem was sorted quickly and efficiently and a new 90-day report issued with the correct name this time. This time I was only charged 20 Baht to park on the road and, unlike the day before, I was given a receipt for my money by an attractive, uniformed parking attendant and a tear off portion was placed under the windscreen wiper to show that I had paid. Clearly the day before had been nothing more than 'tea money' as no receipt had been given and no 'pay and display' placed on the windscreen.

P.S. Thank you M&D for a very pleasant pit-stop on the way back from Chom Chom a week ago.

And good advice to look at what's been done, Nomad.
And the parking thing, well that's like all such stuff..negotiable, and where else can you park at an "entertainment center" so cheap??
Try Whembly or Dodger Stadium for a buck (or a pound).

LMAO1mario299

I got priced 20b for on-road and 40b for off road parking too. Got a ticket both times.
try speaking to them in german, thut usualy throws them! 555

Nice of you and your family to have stopped by M&D Nomad. I thought immigration had you down as Mr. Onehunglow. I'm still laughing over that one.

Surin Bulletin, 27.04.12

To: Surin based and peripheral Farangs aged 50+
Ref: Royal Thai Immigration Police. Visas.

This is as heard by me, verbatim, earlier today, told by
the reporter himself. I believe it to be true, not a troll.

He went to Korat Imm. Station, yesterday, Thursday
26th Apr. dressed soberly, for visa extension.

He suffered 180 arse-punishing klicks in each direction
aboard his slender moped with saddle fit to split his nuts.

When it came his time to approach the desk, she asked,
in astonishment, "Why are you here and not in Kap Choeng?"

Gob smacked, he responded, after a long pause to regain his
composure, "Because Madam, your team closed it down
over two years ago".

She said, non-plussed, "Well, it's open again"

He then went into a useless polite tirade about how much
time and munny he could have saved had he taken the baht
bus to Kap Choeng....had he known..

Very wisely, he didn't ask her why her department hadn't
told anybody.

So, Folks, we are all welcome again at the old office with
the old friendly staff back in place...full service -
One-Stop-Shop.. Cheers.

You may not have heard it here first..the bush telegraph
often overtakes me..

Alex.

Mmmmmm. Why did TV remain so schtumm?

Surin Bulletin, 27.04.12

Ref: Royal Thai Immigration Police. Visas.

This is as heard by me, verbatim, earlier today, told by
the reporter himself. I believe it to be true, not a troll.

He went to Korat Imm. Station, yesterday, Thursday
26th Apr. dressed soberly, for visa extension.

He suffered 180 arse-punishing klicks in each direction
aboard his slender moped with saddle fit to split his nuts.

When it came his time to approach the desk, she asked,
in astonishment, "Why are you here and not in Kap Choeng?"

Gob smacked, he responded, after a long pause to regain his
composure, "Because Madam, your team closed it down
over two years ago".

She said, non-plussed, "Well, it's open again"

He then went into a useless polite tirade about how much
time and munny he could have saved had he taken the baht
bus to Kap Choeng....had he known..

Very wisely, he didn't ask her why her department hadn't
told anybody.

So, Folks, we are all welcome again at the old office with
the old friendly staff back in place...full service -
One-Stop-Shop.. Cheers.

You may not have heard it here first..the bush telegraph
often overtakes me..

Alex.

Mmmmmm. Why did TV remain so schtumm?

As I said on another post KCI is NOT REPEAT NOT OPEN YET. Korat does say May but do not know the date.

As I said on another post KCI is NOT REPEAT NOT OPEN YET. Korat does say May but do not know the date.

Thanks, Got Lost. I was advised, yesterday of the same thing, after a phone call to my friend in Imm. Korat to see if things had changed since your last report, yesterday. She advised that you are absolutely correct in that they will open KC in May and are not in operation, yet.
Perhaps the guy who reported the mis-info was simply worn down from his scooter ride to Chok Chai and perhaps mis-interpreted a statement indicating that next time, he needed to make an imm. run, he could just go to KC.
In any case, I will await your first-hand report advising when it is actually open. Thanks for keeping us informed so accurately, Dave.

Last edited:
Thanks, Got Lost. I was advised, yesterday of the same thing, after a phone call to my friend in Imm. Korat to see if things had changed since your last report, yesterday. She advised that you are absolutely correct in that they will open KC in May and are not in operation, yet.
Perhaps the guy who reported the mis-info was simply worn down from his scooter ride to Chok Chai and perhaps mis-interpreted a statement indicating that next time, he needed to make and imm. run, he could just go to KC.
In any case, I will await your first-hand report advising when it is actually open. Thanks for keeping us informed so accurately, Dave.

More than likely one to many Leo's from the local shop.:wink:

Alan,

Am I correct in thinking that the 50+ is not relevant?

And it would be beneficial if anyone who actually obtains a visa extension at Kab Cheong could post their experience.

Cheers

Y

Alan,

And it would be beneficial if anyone who actually obtains a visa extension at Kab Cheong could post their experience.

Cheers

Y

You will noy be getting any post on Kap Choeng Immigration for extensions as IT IS NOT OPEN.Hate_Computer.

Alan,

Cheers

Y
No idea what it all means mate truth be told just an Email sent to me from a hairless friend of ours , he has a weird way of wording things as you may well know Yorky mate ...
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back