Today's 90 day report at KCI

Surely the software cannot check the contents for accuracy BEFORE you submit the TM6.

Doable by some. Many are called but few are chosen!

Co-Co...but what about the 'obligatory' tee-rak shopping trip to Chong Chom
:fearscream: :cryingcat: :pensive:

In any event, it seems worth the effort to resolve something that is clearly "d0able" to avoid unnecessary visits to KCI.

If it is doable then I do not know how to do it. Anyway, it will be 6 months before I need to revisit KCI again for just a 90 day report, so maybe all will become clear before then.

If it is doable then I do not know how to do it. Anyway, it will be 6 months before I need to revisit KCI again for just a 90 day report, so maybe all will become clear before then.
I concur with you Yorky. On Friday I tried, and tried and tried and couldn't even get past inputting my passport number. Each individual number of the 9 digit passport number took an eternity to enter. Enter the first number, wait 1 minute, try again. Never got past 5 of the 9 numbers. I tell you, it is totally knackered. I haven't got the patience to sit at the keyboard for a couple of hours trying to input my data. I'll jump in the car next Monday and pay a visit to KCI.

And just for Coffee's information, even though this may seem like a whinging Farang type comment, apart from a few straw mats and caneware, most of the product on sale in the market is junk. The dimly lit sales tents are not helped either by the strong smell of both human and cats pee, even more overpowering during the warmer summer weather. SWMBO always comes with me when I do the 90-day report although it has been a long time since she has asked to go to the market at Chong Chom.

Nomad - Following up on Co-Co's comment, I read on TVF that if you arrived in Thailand on a passport which has since been renewed then Immigration may only have the old passport on record (although given the pallava I had to change over my visa to my new passport in 2010, I doubt it). However, it may be worth asking the IO to check the information on the computer as suggested by Co-Co (too late for me now).

[I also read that people have been having the same trouble inputting information as that you describe. The suggestion was that is was W.10 and Edge that were the problem].

I forgot...no large size sportshirts or EPL LFC jerseys at Chong Chom.

Decent negotiated deals on bicycles , fruits, vegetables , assorted insects for Thai appetites, backpacks for kids, electric razors, cosmetics, patio lounge chairs and implements there though.

It's okay if you don't partake. Nothing whinging about your words. Most of the stuff is junk in the eyes of many.

I concur with you Yorky. On Friday I tried, and tried and tried and couldn't even get past inputting my passport number. Each individual number of the 9 digit passport number took an eternity to enter. Enter the first number, wait 1 minute, try again. Never got past 5 of the 9 numbers. I tell you, it is totally knackered. I haven't got the patience to sit at the keyboard for a couple of hours trying to input my data. I'll jump in the car next Monday and pay a visit to KCI.

And just for Coffee's information, even though this may seem like a whinging Farang type comment, apart from a few straw mats and caneware, most of the product on sale in the market is junk. The dimly lit sales tents are not helped either by the strong smell of both human and cats pee, even more overpowering during the warmer summer weather. SWMBO always comes with me when I do the 90-day report although it has been a long time since she has asked to go to the market at Chong Chom.

Not like you to let systems beat you Nomad! :)

If I can submit a 90 day report in less than 10 minutes then so can you (probably even Yorkie could :) ).

If it is doable, then I would want to find a way to do it. Once a solution is found I would suggest it would be permanent - that saves a lot of unnecessary traveling time.

(notice how I have adapted to systems by following the spell-checker in only putting one "L" in traveling.)

I have tried to do the 90-day report using Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome, all to no avail. I have sat in the Crime Suppression Office in KCI, along side the boss man in charge, while he showed me how to find the website and the opening page of it. I even had my photo taken as a PR exercise with this man. Do you know what? Even after all the additional training by a highly qualified field officer the bloody thing still does not work for me. Just for the hell of it I will go and try again.............................I'll report back later.

Last edited:
Nope, still a busted flush http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php banner_over90day.jpg

I used a VPN with an IP in Seoul to start with but that really upset the website and put in to turmoil. It didn't know what to do and it really did not want to speak to me. I closed the VPN and the website began to respond. I tried Firefox and Internet Explorer, even added the security certificate as an exception. Both offered the opening page, I scrolled down and accepted the T&Cs and successfully flashed through to the next page. With Firefox I managed to enter all 9 digits from the passport number before getting stuck on the second character of my surname in the next field. Explorer never got past the second digit of the 9 for the passport number. I will not try again until they issue a new website with a proper security certificate. Given that could take an eternity I guess I am condemned to a day trip once every 90 days.

Last edited:
Possibly travel to Co-Co's or Wombat's abodes and allow them to enter your information on their electronic equipment (aka computer). Just a thought.

A new business opportunity for CO-CO to replace coffee shops and smuggling?

Surely the software cannot check the contents for accuracy BEFORE you submit the TM6.

What makes you think this can not be done?. Is it because you think Thais can't do it or do you think Computers can't do it. I can assure you are wrong on both counts.
Maybe there is a current error in the web site code but don't be so sure the software cannot check the contents for accuracy. Nomad do you really think your TM 6 would be on any electronic system?
This kind of forward checking is done all the time in regards to financial transactions. The immigration system went through a huge electronic upgrade two years ago, the main purpose was to link with agencies such as Interpol.

Don't tease CO-CO AB !!!! Saw him today with his missus and both looked great and having a good time.
Anyway as I'm 'in town' now : when is the next ... you know what ... the thing where we need the big poll for ?

What makes you think this can not be done?. Is it because you think Thais can't do it or do you think Computers can't do it. I can assure you are wrong on both counts.

I realise that you think I'm technically backward (although I do know how to spell realise, which this website does not) and I know I am and have a lot to learn. However, whenever I have completed filling in a form over the internet in the past and certain data that I have entered is not in compliance with the requirements of the end user, I receive a return of "data not correct, not acceptable" or something of that ilk. I have not received a return of "go see your immigration officer".

[Edit: it's lovely to be able to see the keyboard again in the evening without having to dip the screen]

I realise that you think I'm technically backward (although I do know how to spell realise, which this website does not) and I know I am and have a lot to learn. However, whenever I have completed filling in a form over the internet in the past and certain data that I have entered is not in compliance with the requirements of the end user, I receive a return of "data not correct, not acceptable" or something of that ilk. I have not received a return of "go see your immigration officer".

[Edit: it's lovely to be able to see the keyboard again in the evening without having to dip the screen]

Spooky that today I have ordered a white keyboard. Against good advice I chose a black one last time and now the letters have worn on the 3 keys vb and n. It can occasionally cause my posts to ne total vollocks!

Back