Today's 90 day report at KCI

That picture is contained in IMM's latest guidebook for IOs and is framed on a wall at Korat Immigration.
Simply Co-Co , didn't you know ? (Seriously.)

The photo-shoot for the IO booklet also had yellow and blue flowered...

Oh Nomad...very sad. I thought your comprehension ability was more acute.

A picture of a man standing on the moon hangs in NASA HQ...yet that is not where the picture was taken, eh.

Oh Nomad...very sad. I thought your comprehension ability was more acute.

A picture of a man standing on the moon hangs in NASA HQ...yet that is not where the picture was taken, eh.

Where was the picture taken then, the Arizona Desert? LOL!

iu

In returning this thread to be on-topic...........

My 90 day report at Surin Immigration (Kap Choeng) today had some surreal moments as well as some interesting information for we farangs and our partners.

Arriving at 11h00 I strode into the main office and it was standing room only. So I stood, right next to our friendly (?) Immigration Officer in the middle, the one that normally does the 90 day reports. After only a few seconds he said, in his inimitably polite fashion, "What you want?" Thinking, lucky me, I've cracked it this time, I said, "90 day report please."
He gave my passport the once over. I'm still inwardly rubbing my hands at the speed of service.
"You alone?"
"No, my wife is in the car."
"You go get."

I returned with my wife and was immediately dispatched to the Crime Suppression Unit next door. There, with building paranoid flushes, I completed a form whilst my wife engaged the big boss in conversation. He showed us photographs of the 10 Uighur detainees who broke out of the Nong Khai immigration detention centre last night, urging us to be vigilant and keep an eye out for these extremely dangerous people. My paranoia by this stage was less of a flush, more of a urinary accident.

Once it had been explained that my wife would have to pay a fine for not reporting that I had returned to live with her in our house following my visit to Europe in June, we were returned to Mr Happy in the main office. Fortunately he was otherwise engaged and so it was the officer on his right that relieved me of 800 baht. Note who paid the fine applied to my wife. Plus ca change......

Whilst waiting I overheard Mr Happy saying to another farang, "No, this is one stop shopping now, no home visit."

Before leaving we were asked to inform other farangs about the need for their partners to report that we have come home when we do. I said, as meekly as I could, " We have been married for 13 years and I have been doing 90 day reports here for 4 years and ....."
"I understand that but it is Thai law!"

Pick the bones out of all that, folks. And watch out for those Uighurs.

Scary shit John. I went to pattaya alone a week or 2 ago for about 5 days, think my wife will be fined. I got to do my extension next month. Maybe I'll leave her home this time.

Scary shit John. I went to pattaya alone a week or 2 ago for about 5 days, think my wife will be fined. I got to do my extension next month. Maybe I'll leave her home this time.

Except that there is no evidence that you left home - you are safe Wombat.

In John's case he traveled to Europe so had immigration stamps in his passport.

Except that there is no evidence that you left home - you are safe Wombat.

Assuming that your wife has completed the form on a previous occasion. My wife hadn't ever but the fine was waived anyway (in fact, it wasn't mentioned).

In returning this thread to be on-topic...........

My 90 day report at Surin Immigration (Kap Choeng) today had some surreal moments as well as some interesting information for we farangs and our partners.

Arriving at 11h00 I strode into the main office and it was standing room only. So I stood, right next to our friendly (?) Immigration Officer in the middle, the one that normally does the 90 day reports. After only a few seconds he said, in his inimitably polite fashion, "What you want?" Thinking, lucky me, I've cracked it this time, I said, "90 day report please."
He gave my passport the once over. I'm still inwardly rubbing my hands at the speed of service.
"You alone?"
"No, my wife is in the car."
"You go get."

I returned with my wife and was immediately dispatched to the Crime Suppression Unit next door. There, with building paranoid flushes, I completed a form whilst my wife engaged the big boss in conversation. He showed us photographs of the 10 Uighur detainees who broke out of the Nong Khai immigration detention centre last night, urging us to be vigilant and keep an eye out for these extremely dangerous people. My paranoia by this stage was less of a flush, more of a urinary accident.

Once it had been explained that my wife would have to pay a fine for not reporting that I had returned to live with her in our house following my visit to Europe in June, we were returned to Mr Happy in the main office. Fortunately he was otherwise engaged and so it was the officer on his right that relieved me of 800 baht. Note who paid the fine applied to my wife. Plus ca change......

Whilst waiting I overheard Mr Happy saying to another farang, "No, this is one stop shopping now, no home visit."

Before leaving we were asked to inform other farangs about the need for their partners to report that we have come home when we do. I said, as meekly as I could, " We have been married for 13 years and I have been doing 90 day reports here for 4 years and ....."
"I understand that but it is Thai law!"

Pick the bones out of all that, folks. And watch out for those Uighurs.

You naughty, naughty boy. Next time pay attention and read the forum - http://surinfarang.com/forum/threads/reporting-address-when-in-thailand.20951/

Assuming that your wife has completed the form on a previous occasion. My wife hadn't ever but the fine was waived anyway (in fact, it wasn't mentioned).

So there was actually no fine at all ?

So there was actually no fine at all ?

No fine. I had already completed "the intrusive form" at home on the computer with which the SO appeared to be impressed and he then just asked the missis to complete the TM 30.

No fine. I had already completed "the intrusive form" at home on the computer with which the SO appeared to be impressed and he then just asked the missis to complete the TM 30.
I think the Officer realised that his chances of extracting a fine from the wife of a Yorkshireman were somewhat small and moved on with his life.

Something I am still unclear about (one of many things if truth be told)....
My wife has now been fined for not reporting my return to our home after my Europe visit in June. We have a paper confirming all that.

When I next return from Europe (probably April 2017) does she have to report my return again. If so, how? Does she have to go to KC in person or can she make a phone call or send an email? Sorry if I am being thick.

Now that's a question. My wife was told that as long as I don't leave the country there is no need to complete another TM 30, however, he was very unsure about the procedure upon my return if I do leave the country. In my opinion, it would be prudent for her to complete another TM 30 or, at least ring Immigration upon your return and ask.

[Edit: Of course the rules could have changed again by then!]

John if you returned from Europe and put your landlords address on the TM6 this is equal to reporting for the first 90 day period. Or did they get you for a period since.
Something does not seem right in this business.

John if you returned from Europe and put your landlords address on the TM6 this is equal to reporting for the first 90 day period. Or did they get you for a period since.
Something does not seem right in this business.

I agree that completing the TM6 is the equivalent of a 90 day report. However, it is not a substitute for your "landlord's" TM30 ("House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national.").

I agree that completing the TM6 is the equivalent of a 90 day report. However, it is not a substitute for your "landlord's" TM30 ("House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national.").

Yeah forgot that it was not John that got the fine, it was the landlord. Kwai shit law that it is.

John, please read the thread I highlighted. There is some conjecture as to whether or not your wife should have to report you. At post #7 CO-CO points out that the law is only applicable to :: Notification of residence of foreigners for businesses ::

Back