Today's 90 day report at KCI

I think I may have pissed off a few expats at Kap Cheong this morning. Went to KCI to do my 90-day report and entered the office on the right of the main entrance. It was nearly full of expats and their wives or girl friends. There were 3 Immigration Officers already processing enquiries/visas/extensions as I walked in. I punched the second button down on the ticket machine, surprisingly received a ticket number '303', looked around and found one of the few remaining empty chairs near the entrance door. Just as my bottom made contact with the chair the door opened and in walked Immigration Officer No. 4. He saw my 90-day report and passport, took them from my hand and immediately processed the new 90-day report. "Kok koon krap", I said as I picked up my new 90-day report in what must have been less than 60 seconds. Noticing the pissed-off look on some of those waiting in the office I departed quickly and away to the safety of the waiting car and SWMBO.

Just for the record, and to keep Coffee amused and smiling in his beer, SWMBO actually asked to visit the market at Chong Chom today. I think the last time we went around there was before the fire. Not as bad as I remembered and surprisingly it looked and smelt a lot cleaner than before. Still much of a muchness but great for camouflage camping gear and backpacks. Must be a little Aladin's Cave for someone with a couple of unruly boys to entertain. Kit them out in the latest gear and then lose them in the nearest wood playing hide and seek. 555.

I think I may have pissed off a few expats at Kap Cheong this morning. Went to KCI to do my 90-day report and entered the office on the right of the main entrance. It was nearly full of expats and their wives or girl friends. There were 3 Immigration Officers already processing enquiries/visas/extensions as I walked in. I punched the second button down on the ticket machine, surprisingly received a ticket number '303', looked around and found one of the few remaining empty chairs near the entrance door. Just as my bottom made contact with the chair the door opened and in walked Immigration Officer No. 4. He saw my 90-day report and passport, took them from my hand and immediately processed the new 90-day report. "Kok koon krap", I said as I picked up my new 90-day report in what must have been less than 60 seconds. Noticing the pissed-off look on some of those waiting in the office I departed quickly and away to the safety of the waiting car and SWMBO.

Just for the record, and to keep Coffee amused and smiling in his beer, SWMBO actually asked to visit the market at Chong Chom today. I think the last time we went around there was before the fire. Not as bad as I remembered and surprisingly it looked and smelt a lot cleaner than before. Still much of a muchness but great for camouflage camping gear and backpacks. Must be a little Aladin's Cave for someone with a couple of unruly boys to entertain. Kit them out in the latest gear and then lose them in the nearest wood playing hide and seek. 555.

Samething happen to me this pass month only the IO meat me at the door exchanged pleasantries and was gone in 60 seconds. There were half a dozen farangs waiting with puzzled looks.:rolleyes::D

Saw this on Thai Visa today:

BANGKOK:-- Up to three million migrant workers from three neighbouring countries will be able to renew work permits at Seven Eleven stores nationwide from the end of this month.

Workers from Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar will be able to use the counter service at the popular shops found on almost every street throughout the kingdom. Seven Eleven has some 10,000 branches nationwide.

Announcing the new agreement between the government and the commercial sector at a Bangkok hotel, Mr Arak Promanee, director general of the Labour Department and Mr Wiradej Akkrapanich of 7-11's counter service arm said that long waiting times would be dramatically reduced.

The entire process assuming that documents are in order is expected to take a mere one minute per migrant worker. Workers will still be able to renew at labour offices but officials reckon that some 50% of the foreign workforce are likely to avail themselves of this new measure. Workers will be able to drop into 7 - 11 after work rather than taking time off, said the officials, further easing the pressure at labour departments.

The new service is expected to begin at the end of March following an agreement in principle reached last month. Workers will pay a 100 application fee, 1,800 baht for a two year permit to work and just 10 baht processing fee to the shop.

Answering questions about areas where there are most migrant workers the officials noted that in Samut Sakhon province where there are a high quota of migrant workers there are also as many as 300 7 - 11 stores to handle the workload. The new system should aid both employees and employers, they said.

Certain restrictions have also been eased for children of migrant workers under 18.

Now, if only Immigration would use Seven-Eleven IT systems to deal with 90 day reports and visa extensions......cloud-cuckoo land?

Saw this on Thai Visa today:

Now, if only Immigration would use Seven-Eleven IT systems to deal with 90 day reports and visa extensions......cloud-cuckoo land?

You wouldn't be saying that if you had Prakhonchai Nick puttering behind you as he tries to pay for his milk and condoms! :grin:

Just did my 90 day report at Surin Immigration.:D The online site does not like me.:rolleyes: There are at least 4 new female IO's in uniform that are very tasty.:D:D:D:D As usual the place was packed with nobs that had no clue. The IO that processed me took about 5 minutes and yes the dreaded new forum came out. The forum was in Thai and english and was only for Surin Immigration. He filled in my address details and all other areas were left blank then he had SWMBO sign it.:rolleyes::D When we were leaving a group of 15 asian students in uniforms came in.

Last edited:
Mine is due 29th this month. I shall again try the online reporting site but I don't hold out much hope.

I will try no longer the on-line report. Complete waste of time for me - never get past the first line - passport number.

Mine is due 29th this month. I shall again try the online reporting site but I don't hold out much hope.

I didn't even bother trying online this time.

I went there this morning, arrived about 11 a.m. The seating area was almost full, largely, as far as I could see, with people doing annual visas/extensions. As usual, I stood up, vaguely waved my passport around, and when an IO took some notice of this clearly senile old man, said '90 days'. The IO immediately put my passport on the Buriram guy's desk (only a Senior Sgt Major, so presumably not the new boss), and it was processed fairly quickly.

Before giving it back to me, the IO asked me to fill in the new form. 'Mai mi wenta', says I, so he carefully showed me which bits to fill in (I could see enough for that), my own address, Nung's address (same, but no tel. no.), and for fun, I entered Big C and Makro under the Frequently Visited section. I then handed it back, signed it, and got my passport back.

Its taken many years for people to stop calling UBC, UBC - they still do. Its taking even longer for them to call it TRUE. So why should KCI become SI overnight?

90 day report this morning. In and out in 10 minutes. Had to fill in the intrusive form which appears to be the case for every visit. Perhaps it would be wise to print out a stack of completed forms for the future?

90 day report this morning. In and out in 10 minutes. Had to fill in the intrusive form which appears to be the case for every visit. Perhaps it would be wise to print out a stack of completed forms for the future?
Good idea - I am due to go this coming Thursday.

They know a dodgy person when they see one.

dodgy-salesman.jpg

Back