UK Government Petition

Not quite correct.

Workers needed to have 30 years of qualifying National Insurance contributions to get the old state pension, but require 35 years to get the full flat rate state pension now.

Then the search link to Gov.uk is out of date....

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension/eligibility

Oops... now seen reference to 'new state pension'........... to differentiate from 'basic state pension'.

My quote obviously relates to the 'old rules' relating to those reaching retirement age before 6 April 2016...

I’m glad I haven’t got a Waspie pension but there’s a few f**kers in the back yard now trying to build a nest

Have you considered voluntary contributions.... :smilecat::smilecat:

.......................... or getting a job ?

A job and invalidate my Visa? Blasphemy! I wasn’t allowed to pay additional voluntary contributions in the RAF as my salary wasn’t enough to to enhance my pension entitlement. We clerks know we’re always at the bottom rung

A job and invalidate my Visa? Blasphemy! I wasn’t allowed to pay additional voluntary contributions in the RAF as my salary wasn’t enough to to enhance my pension entitlement. We clerks know we’re always at the bottom rung

..... and after you left the RAF ?

I have considered making a voluntary ‘top-up’. I think I’m 3 years short of the 35 year figure.
Must get round to it sometime!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I topped mine up around 15 years ago, as I was some 7/8 contributions short -and 44 were needed in those days. Told them I was self employed as a taxi driver, driving visiting farang friends to and from the airport. No paperwork. They accepted that and I paid the minimum "stamp" of around £2 per week. Class 2 contributions now £2.95 per week, but if you are paying for previous years. it is slightly cheaper.

I believe that by voluntary contributions, CO-CO was referring to your right to top-up your state pension benefit by making a further contribution to NI. Go to this site https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension to check what you can do and how much it might cost - you will probably be very pleasantly surprised by the value for money a top-up provides.

I believe that by voluntary contributions, CO-CO was referring to your right to top-up your state pension benefit by making a further contribution to NI. Go to this site https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension to check what you can do and how much it might cost - you will probably be very pleasantly surprised by the value for money a top-up provides.

Yes, AVCs were introduced to the military in the early nineties I believe. Although I was the same rank as an aircraft technician, and thus the same pension, he had scope to enhance his military pension due to his much higher annual salary

Surprisingly, after I’d been booted out so to speak my clerks salary actually became aligned to the aircraft technician. I believe this had more to do with recruitment and retention than actual ability

I think I can work on my retirement visa and maybe in Thailand too. The Thai embassy gave me a Type B visa. I am always questioned when I go to Immigration why I have a type B visa.

One hell of a commute!

I worked in Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Indonesia and China whilst holding a Thailand extension based upon retirement. Not that much of a commute.

(I also did a bit in Thailand but please don't tell anyone)

I think I can work on my retirement visa and maybe in Thailand too. The Thai embassy gave me a Type B visa. I am always questioned when I go to Immigration why I have a type B visa.

You don't have a visa.

Back