UK Government Petition

Incorrect - they only copy 'details' of the original visa i.e. as a source document.

The rules for obtaining an extension of stay are wholly different to the criteria for obtaining a visa.

Immigration have been known to 'convert' from a visa exempt entry to an extension of permission to stay.................... where is your visa in those circumstances?

Rice, if I said show me your visa - what would you show me ?

Yorky would show me one that is so expired it has mould growing on it! :grinning:

Much like Nomad's TM6 :D

Not that I can argue as my limited knowledge is now exhausted. Ok , As you say then. Where are the rules for your extension of stay then? :p:p:p
They must be in that book of policy. The one and only. I am the only person that has ever seen it to my knowledge, that is. Anybody else like to put up their hand.
Bye the way the rules for obtaining an extension of stay and the conditions of stay of a grant are two different things.

Immigration have been known to 'convert' from a visa exempt entry to an extension of permission to stay.................... where is your visa in those circumstances?

Again I am not certain but what I know is that in these circumstances which they have changed "Officially" only recently you are given an O visa first then you get an extension of stay when that expires. This is what was done for a Forum member only recently. I think a visa of stay on a visa exempt is impossible. Citation is needed on this claim. Your argument based on firm logic is starting to slip.

I am sorry as well for the miss direction of the OP. Normal programming may resume.

CHECKLIST FOR RETIREMENT EXTENSION June 2013

(A) This is the exact wording from the Thai Immigration website:-

2.22 In the case of retirement: Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest

or dividends; and/or

4. Funds deposit certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook

(B) Per Pattaya Expats:-

1, Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom, TM.7. (single sheet, front and back). Be sure to complete and sign both the front and back of the form.

2, One photograph – 4cm x 6 cm

3. Application fee of 1,900 Baht

4. Passport (original)

5. Photocopy of passport pages:-

a. Identity page(s) showing picture, name, and date issued,

b. Page showing the original Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” or “O

c. Page(s) showing each subsequent one year extension,

d. Page showing the last entry stamp into Thailand

6. Photocopy of Departure Card, TM.6

7. Documentation of Meeting Financial Requirements

i. Original Letter from your Thai Bank certifying your account and showing your balance (the letter should be dated within the last 7 days – most obtain the day before applying). NOTE: If it is a joint account or a restricted account, it may not be acceptable.

1. If using 800,000 Baht+ to meet financial resources:

a. First (Initial) Application - Needs to show funds have been on deposit at least 2 months before applying.

b. Subsequent (renewal) Application – Needs to show funds have been on deposit for at least 3 months before applying.

ii. Photocopy of your bank passbook Identity page showing name and account number and page(s) showing funds on deposit for the required period if necessary – see i.1. above. NOTE: Have your original passbook with you in case the Immigration Officer wants to verify the photocopy.

NB: If using evidence of income you will need not only the embassy letter but also copies of Thai bank statements showing money in/out – or, UK bank statements/ATM receipts showing withdrawals in Thailand.

8. Evidence of your current address:

If you rent, a photocopy of lease/rental agreement – if you have a house book this should suffice. I have used bank statements etc from the UK but Immigration are just as likely to be happy with your partner signing a copy of her ID to say you reside with her.

REMEMBER to sign each photocopied page (this is your certification that the photocopy is a true copy of the original) and have at least one copy of everything.

(A) Other Forms:-

TM30 – Notification from housemaster.

Immigration income form.

Form acknowledging terms of stay

(B) Re-entry Permit:-

TM8

1 photo 4x6 cm

Passport

Copies of passport pages, as above (including new extension stamp) – sign each page.

1,000 Baht for single re-entry 3,800 Baht for multiple re-entry.

Attachments

• Marriage Extension Checklist.pdf
    63.4 KB · Views: 0
CHECKLIST FOR RETIREMENT EXTENSION June 2013

(A) This is the exact wording from the Thai Immigration website:-

2.22 In the case of retirement: Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest

or dividends; and/or

4. Funds deposit certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook

(B) Per Pattaya Expats:-

1, Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom, TM.7. (single sheet, front and back). Be sure to complete and sign both the front and back of the form.

2, One photograph – 4cm x 6 cm

3. Application fee of 1,900 Baht

4. Passport (original)

5. Photocopy of passport pages:-

a. Identity page(s) showing picture, name, and date issued,

b. Page showing the original Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” or “O

c. Page(s) showing each subsequent one year extension,

d. Page showing the last entry stamp into Thailand

6. Photocopy of Departure Card, TM.6

7. Documentation of Meeting Financial Requirements

i. Original Letter from your Thai Bank certifying your account and showing your balance (the letter should be dated within the last 7 days – most obtain the day before applying). NOTE: If it is a joint account or a restricted account, it may not be acceptable.

1. If using 800,000 Baht+ to meet financial resources:

a. First (Initial) Application - Needs to show funds have been on deposit at least 2 months before applying.

b. Subsequent (renewal) Application – Needs to show funds have been on deposit for at least 3 months before applying.

ii. Photocopy of your bank passbook Identity page showing name and account number and page(s) showing funds on deposit for the required period if necessary – see i.1. above. NOTE: Have your original passbook with you in case the Immigration Officer wants to verify the photocopy.

NB: If using evidence of income you will need not only the embassy letter but also copies of Thai bank statements showing money in/out – or, UK bank statements/ATM receipts showing withdrawals in Thailand.

8. Evidence of your current address:

If you rent, a photocopy of lease/rental agreement – if you have a house book this should suffice. I have used bank statements etc from the UK but Immigration are just as likely to be happy with your partner signing a copy of her ID to say you reside with her.

REMEMBER to sign each photocopied page (this is your certification that the photocopy is a true copy of the original) and have at least one copy of everything.

(A) Other Forms:-

TM30 – Notification from housemaster.

Immigration income form.

Form acknowledging terms of stay

(B) Re-entry Permit:-

TM8

1 photo 4x6 cm

Passport

Copies of passport pages, as above (including new extension stamp) – sign each page.

1,000 Baht for single re-entry 3,800 Baht for multiple re-entry.

That is great Co-C0 but what are the conditions of stay?. Oh that is stated on your actual visa is it not? :D
The very one you say is no longer valid after an extension.

No I cannot, there is not enough time.

You are permitted to apply for your extension of stay up to 45 days before the previous extension of stay has expired. The new deadline for the new extension of stay will still be 365/6 days from the expiry of the previous extension of stay.

You are permitted to apply for your extension of stay up to 45 days before the previous extension of stay has expired. .

No you are not.

Kap Choeng (as they were) and Buriram enforce a 30 day rule.

That is great Co-C0 but what are the conditions of stay?. Oh that is stated on your actual visa is it not? :D
The very one you say is no longer valid after an extension.

I have no idea what you are talking about Rice.

A visa is not an extension and an extension is not a visa.............. you are confusing the two. There are no conditions of stay on a visa sticker..... conditions of stay are contained in Immigration Bureau rules.

No you are not.

Kap Choeng (as they were) and Buriram enforce a 30 day rule.

This last year I applied for my extension of stay (at Kap Cheong) on 17th May. My new extension expires on 27th June 2019. If you wish me to post documentary evidence, I shall but I'm sure that you will believe me.

I have no idea what you are talking about Rice.

A visa is not an extension and an extension is not a visa.............. you are confusing the two. There are no conditions of stay on a visa sticker..... conditions of stay are contained in Immigration Bureau rules.

Well produce them :p:p:p:p:p

Look you do know I am playing the devils advocate here. Your not making a good case.

Look you do know I am playing the devils advocate here. Your not making a good case.

... and you are a f**king piss-poor student !! :grinning:

Go do your own Googling...... all the answers are out there.......................... but start by understanding the difference between a visa and and an extension of permission to stay.

This last year I applied for my extension of stay (at Kap Cheong) on 17th May. My new extension expires on 27th June 2019. If you wish me to post documentary evidence, I shall but I'm sure that you will believe me.

I always believe you Yorky...... I have never known you to lie....

Khun Arcade (previously at KC) told me categorically that they would only accept renewals from 30 days.

I may just chance my arm at the 45 day point, stating that my travels require me to apply in accordance with Immigration Bureau rules.....

In the long run it still doesn't get me to the timing that I want for renewal so I will have to 'lapse' a permission at some point.

Start by playing with these Q & A's......

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=faq

Here is one that may answer the 90 day address reporting for someone returning to Thailand:-

11.Question : When is the right time that the alien (granted one-year extension of stay permit) has to make 90 days notification of address if he/she has left the kingdom and re-entered with re-entry permit?
Answer : As The alien re-enter the kingdom, the notification of residence should be made when it’s due for 90 days from the date of his/her latest arrival.

I always believe you Yorky...... I have never known you to lie....

Khun Arcade (previously at KC) told me categorically that they would only accept renewals from 30 days.

I may just chance my arm at the 45 day point, stating that my travels require me to apply in accordance with Immigration Bureau rules.....

In the long run it still doesn't get me to the timing that I want for renewal so I will have to 'lapse' a permission at some point.

I am sure Khun Arcade can be "persuaded";););).

Not that it involves me, but since this thread is now dealing with immi rules and regs, what are the rules re applying early for an extension? Does Khun Arcade have the right to make up his own rules?

I am sure Khun Arcade can be "persuaded";););).

Not that it involves me, but since this thread is now dealing with immi rules and regs, what are the rules re applying early for an extension? Does Khun Arcade have the right to make up his own rules?

The Immigration Officers are "Gods" and have the ultimate discretion - this is why 'Pattaya retirement extensions' are now being offered in Buriram.

Yorky is spot on with his 45 days before - that is in the immigration rules - but, Buriram insist on working to 30 days before.

I would be quite happy to pay the full whack to renew 4 months early; I have been categorically advised that that is not possible.

I always believe you Yorky...... I have never known you to lie.....

Thank you for that. To my knowledge I have never knowingly lied on this (or any other forum) - not something I can say about most of my working life.

However, for anyone who may doubt my statement this is my latest "extension of permission to stay" in Thailand issued by SI at Kap Cheong.

scan0003.jpg

Thank you for that. To my knowledge I have never knowingly lied on this (or any other forum) - not something I can say about most of my working life.

However, for anyone who may doubt my statement this is my latest "extension of permission to stay" in Thailand issued by SI at Kap Cheong.

View attachment 24809

Excellent....

Couldn't look less like a visa if it tried.... :laughing:

7. Please note that the period of visa validity is different from the period of stay. Visa validity is the period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand. In general, the validity of a visa is 3 months, but in some cases, visas may be issued to be valid for 6 months, 1 year or 3 years. The validity of a visa is granted with discretion by the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General and is displayed on the visa sticker.

I am very pleased to see that Yorky is a very 'resilence ' character. Otherwise he may not have got an extension.

Seriously, I was told last year by S.I. that up to 45 days before is quite acceptable. In fact, this year my 90 day report is due on 27 November and my extension on 31 December. I fully intend to renew my extension the same time I do my 90 day report.

As to CO-CO's extension checklist posted above I would add that S.I. also require:

a. a detailed map of where you live as they will pay you a home visit within 30 days of application,

b. if rented accommodation, that the landlord turns up in person to sign the forms,

c. if married, that your wife accompanies you so that she can sign the appropriate form confirming that you reside with her.

P.S. During an 90-day report/visit earlier this year I listened to a bloke from Sikhoraphum arguing black and blue with the I.O. that it was not necessary for his wife to be with him to apply for a long stay extension based on retirement. He was quoting the rules and regs at the I.O. but failed to get the message he was being given - no wife, no extension. He left empty-handed and was told to return with his wife if he wanted an extension. True story.

I also had to educate a KC IO (sounds a bit like an air refueling tanker) that the annual extension date and the 90 day reporting where entities in their own right. I won that particular battle but have since given up

Back