90 day report by internet at KCI.

Which is OK, because you can report in the range of 15 days early to 7 days after.

Not on-line. I understand that the report must be completed between 15 and 8 days before (which would be the case for both the April and the June report).

Doesn't add up.

Not on-line. I understand that the report must be completed between 15 and 8 days before (which would be the case for both the April and the June report).

Doesn't add up.

75 days IS fifteen days before Yorky !!

And the 6th April report?

Daft question.

Irrelevant because you don't know when the previous report was.

The point is that the latest report was 75 days after the previous one.

Daft question.

Irrelevant because you don't know when the previous report was.

The point is that the latest report was 75 days after the previous one.

The previous report actual date must have been at least 8 days after 6th April.

Just got my approval this morning, submitted on Friday via IE.

Also took a friend to extend his stay at KCI - very helpful all done in under half an hour. He had been rejected by Jomtien for a 60 day marriage extension because his wife wasn't with him!

Free WiFi as well

Just got my approval this morning, submitted on Friday via IE.

Also took a friend to extend his stay at KCI - very helpful all done in under half an hour. He had been rejected by Jomtien for a 60 day marriage extension because his wife wasn't with him!

Free WiFi as well

I was there this morning too. Took 1.5 hours as against 4 hours last January to obtain a re-entry permit. Very pleasant officers. Requested that next time where an immigration form is printed on 2 sides, then I must also print it on 1 sheet instead of 2 sheets (exactly the opposite of Dan Kwian!) Shook my hand when finished (after relieving me of 5,700baht!)

Didn't see CO-CO. Probably still in bed when I was on my way back home.

Over the years, I've spent hours trying to print the form on two sides. It either comes out upside down, back to front or just overwriting the other page. I eventually get it right but 12 months later I've forgotten how the hell I did it.

Over the years, I've spent hours trying to print the form on two sides. It either comes out upside down, back to front or just overwriting the other page. I eventually get it right but 12 months later I've forgotten how the hell I did it.

That would take coordination and a bit of foresight.

Imagine there is an arrow pointing downwards on your first copy, flip it over and insert face down into the paper feed. Then simply turn over the page to be copied ....... press copy..... done.

Plan B - you provide the beers and I will pop round and do a demo :grinning:

That would take coordination and a bit of foresight.

Imagine there is an arrow pointing downwards on your first copy, flip it over and insert face down into the paper feed. Then simply turn over the page to be copied ....... press copy..... done.

Plan B - you provide the beers and I will pop round and do a demo :grinning:

Yorky would have to provide something better than Archa for me to go over and do a demo!:smileycat::smileycat:

I posted this on Buriram Expats following a a plea by a poster for consistency:-

That consistency is something that I also crave for.

I have often said that I have no issue with Thailand's immigration rules - in fact I wish my home country had similar rules. What I have had issue with is the application of those rules. "Tell me what you need me to provide and I will comply" has been my attitude. Undocumented changes (from the written Thai Police Orders) - such as the need to see evidence of money in/out - are frustrating if you have not been made aware of those changes. This forum obviously helps in that respect.

From my observations on Tuesday, and recent reports from friends, I believe that KCI is going in the right direction.

In a somewhat 'unThai' way they have have obviously reviewed their operation and made changes. Number one, they have more staff. The reception desk has been moved out of the lobby and the female assistant moved into an office, She now has an assistant and, whilst she may be inexperienced at the moment things will obviously improve.

The captain who processed my extension last year is also located in the office to the left. There is a sign on the door referring to information about 90 day reporting online but he processed my friends marriage extension yesterday. He was then sent through to the main office where (I believe) there were four immigration officers.

The captain was not interested in the 2 copies of the application my friend provided. Consistent with earlier reports, they sign and stamp the original copy and send you off to have them photocopied - one additional copy.

I am encouraged by these changes and now that the 90 day online reporting system works for me, I shall only need to visit to avail myself of their services once a year.

Actually twice. Once to apply for your extension and receive the 30 day under consideration stamp and again to receive your one-year stamp (or what balance of the year is remaining).

I posted this on Buriram Expats following a a plea by a poster for consistency:-

I have often said that I have no issue with Thailand's immigration rules - in fact I wish my home country had similar rules. What I have had issue with is the application of those rules. "Tell me what you need me to provide and I will comply" has been my attitude. Undocumented changes (from the written Thai Police Orders) - such as the need to see evidence of money in/out - are frustrating if you have not been made aware of those changes. This forum obviously helps in that respect.

From my observations on Tuesday, and recent reports from friends, I believe that KCI is going in the right direction.

In a somewhat 'unThai' way they have have obviously reviewed their operation and made changes. Number one, they have more staff. The reception desk has been moved out of the lobby and the female assistant moved into an office, She now has an assistant and, whilst she may be inexperienced at the moment things will obviously improve.

The captain who processed my extension last year is also located in the office to the left. There is a sign on the door referring to information about 90 day reporting online but he processed my friends marriage extension yesterday. He was then sent through to the main office where (I believe) there were four immigration officers.

The captain was not interested in the 2 copies of the application my friend provided. Consistent with earlier reports, they sign and stamp the original copy and send you off to have them photocopied - one additional copy.

I am encouraged by these changes and now that the 90 day online reporting system works for me, I shall only need to visit to avail myself of their services once a year.
Actually twice. Once to apply for your extension and receive the 30 day under consideration stamp and again to receive your one-year stamp (or what balance of the year is remaining).

Good point Coffee.

A friend who went yesterday will get his wife to ask (when she calls in 30 days to see if the extension is approved) if ANYONE can take the passport and 'collect' the extension. That way, someone else who is due to see immigration at that time can collect on his behalf.

When did that start working Co-Co? I'm due a report on 1st March.

I submitted mine successfully online on Friday. Took me about 10 minutes, will take 5 mins once you know what you need.

Most input is from your passport and arrival card.

I used Internet Explorer and this link:-

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online

(Ignore the warning about the certificate 9apprenetly immigration self-certified their website and that causes the warning to appear)

If all the details match you get an acknowledgement with a transaction reference number. You can then access the site later and check on progress. It will show as 'pending' until it is approved. After approval you can print out the next report date to attach to your passport.

Mine was actually approved on Tuesday - ironically, while I was with a friend at KCI and I was using their free wifi - an email came through confirming approval.

That to me is total inconsideration. Supply 2 copies, stamp one and send you away to have it photocopied. Why the fcuk can't they just stamp the 2 copies?

That to me is total inconsideration. Supply 2 copies, stamp one and send you away to have it photocopied. Why the fcuk can't they just stamp the 2 copies?

Terry did say that the Captain told him they would have copied it but their photocopier was not working.....................................

Believe that or go with IB's theory.........................

Back