Choam Sa Ngam International Point of Entry.

Told him to get you a tray of beer
emoji41.png
emoji2.png

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Where do you think I get my flat of Anghor
A tray of beer contains 24 cans-each approx 330cl That is nearly 8 litres, whereas Thailand will only permit one person to bring in a maximum of 1 litre of alcohol! Lucky to get away with it.

It has been known for Thai IO's to go into Cambodia and deliver a case of Angkor beer to ones vehicle in the secured parking area at CSN for 400 baht.;;bad simle;;

A tray of beer contains 24 cans-each approx 330cl That is nearly 8 litres, whereas Thailand will only permit one person to bring in a maximum of 1 litre of alcohol! Lucky to get away with it.

Hard to fathom the decision to restrict alcoholic drinks to the total volume as opposed to the volume of alcohol. After all, one litre of 100 proof is going to affect Somchai's ability on his motocy a bloody sight more than 1 litre of gnat's pee beer.

I used to buy flats (or slabs) of Anker beer in Jakarta. The hotel used to charge Rp 50,000 ++ for a 330 ml can. I could buy a slab of 24 in Carrefour for just over Rp 200,000.00.

The border market near to Ban Kruat were very strict on alcohol. One was permitted to leave with 3 cans of beer or 1 litre of spirit/wine and 1 carton of cigarettes. Now unfortunately the market is only open to Thai residents living in Ban Kruat district. No Thai outsiders and definitely no farangs. Croc was a regular there in times past. I was semi regular, whilst CO-CO refused to return after his nidnoi problem.:)

I asked at the bridge at Mukdahan about bring a slab of Beer Laos back and they told me one box would be overlooked. But don't over do it. Well I have now driven our car in Cambodia and Laos and on return to Thailand the car was never even looked at on both return journeys or going in to Cambodia or Laos for that matter. Only one thing though on the Thai side of the Friendship bridge 2 the bottom of the car was inspected on the Thai side. For what I have no idea.

I could of had them inside the car, as that was not look in. Why would you have a bomb under the car. It would not make much difference where it was if it went bang. Maybe I should not of had that tea towel on my head.

cheesy.gif

Back