electric bill

I've heard the elec cost has recently gone up by 12 baht per unit? Seems a lot and my bill this month was higher than normal. May have to turn the heating down ...

I've heard the elec cost has recently gone up by 12 baht per unit? Seems a lot and my bill this month was higher than normal. May have to turn the heating down ...

It's actually the FT (fuel tax) that has increased from -.3329 to -.2477. No other changes AFAIK.

[That's an increase overall of around 8.5 Satang per unit]

It's actually the FT (fuel tax) that has increased from -.3329 to -.2477. No other changes AFAIK.

[That's an increase overall of around 8.5 Satang per unit]

Sounds like the usual Thai smoke and mirrors malarkey. Must stop listening to my teerak. Stop press, did that 8 years ago

Cheapy Charlies - 4,800 baht last month but we do enjoy our aircon 24/7!

Not as bad as it sounds as I reckon the baseline for a family of 4, including 3 pui yings, is the best part of 2,750 baht/month without aircon. Hot water showers twice a day and washing machine every 2 days certainly adds to the bill. And the frequent use of the electric kettle for a cuppa tea must also be considered.

Maybe Yorky doesn't drink too much tea. ;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;

Got mine last week, down from 22,000 thb over the wet to 9,625 thb for the last 3 months.

Cheapy Charlies - 4,800 baht last month but we do enjoy our aircon 24/7!

Not as bad as it sounds as I reckon the baseline for a family of 4, including 3 pui yings, is the best part of 2,750 baht/month without aircon. Hot water showers twice a day and washing machine every 2 days certainly adds to the bill. And the frequent use of the electric kettle for a cuppa tea must also be considered.

Maybe Yorky doesn't drink too much tea. ;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;
Ours is also around 4000B ish I do enjoy the air and hot baths most mornings .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I haven't had a bath for going on ten years. Not really the weather for it.

I did used to sit in a cool bath eating watermelon but that was in the desert back in the '80s.

The most expensive appliance in the house for power usage is the electric kettle. I could never get it through my stupid ex wife's head in NZ that only boil what is needed.

I sometimes sit in a cool bath SHARING watermelon. :)
Wink, wink, say no more, know what you mean...............................

200.webp

Back