electric bill

I don't know what you lot do with all this electric. Is someone stealing it? Do you have external sockets?

Mine was 1480 baht. We have 3 aircon units, 2 on the go for say 4 hours a day. I live with 2 women (wife and step-daughter!) who like to shower long, warm and often, and a 3 year old grandson.
I boil a kettle or two each day for tea and that is probably why our bill is so high.

I don't know what you lot do with all this electric. Is someone stealing it? Do you have external sockets?

To eliminate the risk of someone stealing my electric whilst still having a socket on the stoep, I had this installed a few months ago. We can now disconnect the supply to the external socket if we go away.

stoep socket.jpg

When we lived in a townhouse in Baan Yuyen, after one of the neighbours opposite had moved out, their neighbours had unplugged the water pump and connected a cable to "steal" the electric. They had made no effort to hide their actions: the cable was just draped over the wall (and it was white).

Haven't got mine yet.

Just realised that I haven't seen a TRUE direct debit for 3 months !

I paid my True Visions and Internet bills yesterday at the dreaded machine in Big C with a single swipe of a Visa card. First time I tried and very easy.

Today I went to a gold shop in Surin to buy a 14th wedding anniversary present for my wife. I asked to pay by credit card. No problem but 3% extra, photocopy of passport and wife's ID card. I asked if they would like fingerprints whilst we were at it.
When is Thailand going to come into the 21st century......?

I paid my True Visions and Internet bills yesterday at the dreaded machine in Big C with a single swipe of a Visa card. First time I tried and very easy.

Today I went to a gold shop in Surin to buy a 14th wedding anniversary present for my wife. I asked to pay by credit card. No problem but 3% extra, photocopy of passport and wife's ID card. I asked if they would like fingerprints whilst we were at it.

In around 100 years after it eventually arrives in the 20th century...

Oh JB! Don't you know it is under 44 order that Thailand 4.0 be initiated. Just standby and hold your breath.

2460bht yesterday and I've been in Bangkok for a week. Fukin security which is brother in law and wife must've had all family staying here. 24 hours a day football on tele.

Back