electric bill

Paid mine today, 2,340. It's been at this level for a while now although I believe there was a hike in prices not too long ago.

SWMBO just informed we set record and paid 2500 bath and expects it to be higher next month. :eek:

Some cheapy charlies out there who never turn their air condition on, nor their hot water either, 555! I seldom turn on the main aircon in the living room before midday and at night I turn on the aircon in the 2 bedrooms before we go to bed and switch off a couple of hours later. The thermostats are set to 27 degrees C in the living room and 26 degrees C in the bedrooms. The compressors do cut out once the desired temperature is reached. Even with careful use the bill for this month is still 4,500 baht. During the winter months, and without the use of aircon, the bill never falls below 2,500 baht. Do I have a duff meter? Is there anyway I can get it checked?

Some cheapy charlies out there who never turn their air condition on, nor their hot water either, 555! I seldom turn on the main aircon in the living room before midday and at night I turn on the aircon in the 2 bedrooms before we go to bed and switch off a couple of hours later. The thermostats are set to 27 degrees C in the living room and 26 degrees C in the bedrooms. The compressors do cut out once the desired temperature is reached. Even with careful use the bill for this month is still 4,500 baht. During the winter months, and without the use of aircon, the bill never falls below 2,500 baht. Do I have a duff meter? Is there anyway I can get it checked?

Contact PEA as they are probably the only ones that would have the kit. Short of that buy a new meter. Personal the info you gave sounds to me like your meter is OK.

1200 for me on average but i do live in Hicksville. However I have 2 aircons in the man cave but never have both on at the same time and use them only in the evenings, never all night. 2 tvs, a fridge and a hot water unit.

About 10k to 12k a month for me and I couldn't care about anything but comfort. That was when living here full time. This 6 weeks is going to be a beauty though. From winter fires at home in Oz to this stinking heat.
Wan had the baby yesterday in Ruamphet so I hope there's no power outages again until we head back.

Congratulations Robert and Wan on your new arrival. Wishing well for Mum and new bub.
Boy or Girl?

Girl, Pete!
Named her Stephanie Kate. She's beautiful and weighed in at 3.1kg's. That's the end of the breeding cycle for us now!

About 10k to 12k a month for me and I couldn't care about anything but comfort. That was when living here full time. This 6 weeks is going to be a beauty though. From winter fires at home in Oz to this stinking heat.
Wan had the baby yesterday in Ruamphet so I hope there's no power outages again until we head back.

You can always count on someone hijacking a thread but what better way to do it. Congratulations! Stephanie Kate, welcome to this world. I hope mother and daughter are doing well.

All good with both. Name Kate was in memory of my daughter Kate who passed away in her sleep a couple of years back aged 31. Was a chronic diabetic as a result of a virus at aged 4yrs. And had a low in her sleep. Her name will keep her close to us. Wan loved her to bits.
How's that for hijacking a thread.

May I add my two penneth and congratulate both Surin and Wan on the birth of their daughter. To keep things vaguely on topic, little girls tend to use more electric than little boys!

Congratulations, Robert and Wan. Mam and I wish you and your family every happiness.

Bht 1,380.00 today.
I wish.
Mines due Wednesday but something is going on. Beginning of the month somebody hung a purple box on the gate and then on the 11th somebody read the meter. The boy who always collected the money is not doing it now.

I wish.
Mines due Wednesday but something is going on. Beginning of the month somebody hung a purple box on the gate and then on the 11th somebody read the meter. The boy who always collected the money is not doing it now.

Try and shade that purple box from the sun if you can. It will become brittle and break within a few months if you don't.

Also, be very careful with the dates. When we were forceably changed over to "purple box" technology they not only changed the reading date they also stopped collecting the money and reduced the "grace" period to 7 from 14 days. Then they came around and cut half the village's electric off because of non payment. Luckily the office was open late to enable the bill to be paid the same date and the electric was also restored the same day. About 50 folks from our village in the electric office queue.

After that fiasco we changed to direct debit payment.

Back