F.C.D Bangkok Bank account

Thank you Gentlemen. Of course next week, Bangkok Bank may change their tune once again ....TIT

Krungsri offer the same deposit account, and their terms may be preferable. I will look in detail over the weekendl. Only a passport needed.

Thank you Gentlemen. Of course next week, Bangkok Bank may change their tune once again ....TIT

You still haven't got your account yet :)

I have "nearly" got mine.

Pretty lady's lackey didn't photocopy the visa page in my passport. Fortunately, pretty lady's brother-in-law is a teacher in my neighbouring village of Banbu so a copy will be routed back via him.

.............................. however, because the task was neither somtam, rice, Buddha or funeral related it didn't get done today..................... so Nick's FCD may be operational before mine.

Krungsri offer the same deposit account, and their terms may be preferable. I will look in detail over the weekendl. Only a passport needed.

A friend of mine opened an FCD account there last week.

All that was needed was passport and a monthly statements from other Thai bank to verify some activity.
Very easy he said.

A friend of mine opened an FCD account there last week.

All that was needed was passport and a monthly statements from other Thai bank to verify some activity.
Very easy he said.
Yes if you have a Bangkok account already it's a snip .
I have always had more than 1 Bangkok and Kas bank accounts why not :)
Allways good to have spare , both of my kids have ATM cards just in case in there wallets .
They normally don't give kids saving accounts ATM cards

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

The anticipation builds. Good luck Nick.

No worries...they already know you. ;)

Finally won after more than 2 hours, 6 phone calls to HO and 3 sessions between the staff member and her Branch manager.

They were unable to get their heads around the fact that I had no visa. and could not understand why I did not need one. Also expected me to have a Thai ID card, because my name is in the blue house reg, book.

I was also told to ignore the info on the Bkk Bank web site re documents needed. "These are produced by our Call Centre, not the FCD people" "Oh", says I..."are there 2 Bangkok Banks then?" Her gruff answer was "Yes, if thats what you think"

I signed my name 28 times, and every form was stamped with 3 different stamps and date stamped twice.

Then there was opening the basic savings account......................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations - wasn't that a pleasure. ;;money;;

(Glad that you didn't go down the big black hole.)

Finally won after more than 2 hours, 6 phone calls to HO and 3 sessions between the staff member and her Branch manager.

They were unable to get their heads around the fact that I had no visa. and could not understand why I did not need one. Also expected me to have a Thai ID card, because my name is in the blue house reg, book.

I was also told to ignore the info on the Bkk Bank web site re documents needed. "These are produced by our Call Centre, not the FCD people" "Oh", says I..."are there 2 Bangkok Banks then?" Her gruff answer was "Yes, if thats what you think"

I signed my name 28 times, and every form was stamped with 3 different stamps and date stamped twice.

Then there was opening the basic savings account......................!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe a Thai I'D card might be a good idea mate .

Thank-you gentlemen, this has all been very illuminating and it seems that a FCDA might suit me bettter than my current arrangements. I already have a Thai bank account with KrungThai. I was told I had to open an account with them when I was working as a teacher at Sirindhorn School. However, nobody in my branch on the Sangkha road speaks English very well and my Thai is, well, 'nit nowey'. I might go in and ask them if they offer a FCDA. They do have internet banking. Anyway, thanks to you Yorkie for mentioning this and thanks for the beers yesterday too. I shall report back.

Thank-you gentlemen, this has all been very illuminating and it seems that a FCDA might suit me bettter than my current arrangements. I already have a Thai bank account with KrungThai. I was told I had to open an account with them when I was working as a teacher at Sirindhorn School. However, nobody in my branch on the Sangkha road speaks English very well and my Thai is, well, 'nit nowey'. I might go in and ask them if they offer a FCDA. They do have internet banking. Anyway, thanks to you Yorkie for mentioning this and thanks for the beers yesterday too. I shall report back.
The info on the This thread in Bangkok bank .
Not sure on other banks mate

Suggest that you start from scratch with Bangkok Bank Toby.

Only a chosen few branches service FCD's and Bangkok Bank's product is superior to other Thai banks' products in almost all aspects.

Suggest that you start from scratch with Bangkok Bank Toby.

Only a chosen few branches service FCD's and Bangkok Bank's product is superior to other Thai banks' products in almost all aspects.
Thanks CoCo I think it might be wise to start afresh with Bangkok Bank too. I forgot to mention that Krung Thai Bank also annoys me by charging me 20 baht per ATM withdrawal when using their very own ATM card whenever I am outside of Surin province. I've heard that Bangkok Bank does not do this.

It's just a random suggestion but I suppose that somebody at Sirindhorn School has a close relationship with somebody at KTB. I wonder if it's normal for employers here to do that; to stipulate a particular bank.

Anyway I don't work there any more; I'm becoming more settled here in Thailand, so I think I will take your advice and go and set it up. Thanks again to all. And I loved that 2 Ronnies sketch BTW.

Thanks CoCo I think it might be wise to start afresh with Bangkok Bank too. I forgot to mention that Krung Thai Bank also annoys me by charging me 20 baht per ATM withdrawal when using their very own ATM card whenever I am outside of Surin province. I've heard that Bangkok Bank does not do this.

It's just a random suggestion but I suppose that somebody at Sirindhorn School has a close relationship with somebody at KTB. I wonder if it's normal for employers here to do that; to stipulate a particular bank.

Anyway I don't work there any more; I'm becoming more settled here in Thailand, so I think I will take your advice and go and set it up. Thanks again to all. And I loved that 2 Ronnies sketch BTW.

If anyone is interested I have an update on this. Not being one to fanny about I hot-footed it to Bangkok Bank today booted and suited and armed with a plethora of paperwork and my passbook for Krung Thai Bank. I went straight upstairs seeking Pirom or Pound or Pirya or whatever he's called but alas he's already moved to the Surin Plaza branch.

At the foreign exchange desk, after a 30 minute wait, I met a lady who would neither confirm nor deny being called Miss Pam. And she steadfastly refused to speak any English with me. Possibly I'd blown it already; freaking her out; "How does this dude know my name?" Anyhoo, upon establishing that I am on a tourist visa she and a partner in crime told me that I must bring a Thai citizen with me in order to vouch for my good character. I didn't inform them that I am not in possession of same. Thai red tape, one; Toby, nil. I did however, get presented with a free poster of the late king and a handy calendar for the forthcoming new year. So all was not lost. And then I ran into Slick Rick who was just leaving, and who got all jealous that he didn't receive a gift, which was fun. I saw him again a few moments later when I was leaving the nearby May's Supermarket and he had a calendar rolled up under his arm and a smirk on his face.

OK enough of my ramblings. I shall find a sponsor and return to the fray anon.

Toby Parlour.

Excellent update, Toby.
The err...ummm..."tourist visa" may become an obstacle towards your goal.

Calendars - great! Don'cha really want one from AlanThe Builder...:p

As I am possibly going to be requiring a FCD account in the near future in view of NatWest's obstinate attitude, does anyone know if will I need to open it by transferring Sterling over here or could I just open it with Thai Bht (obviously changed to Sterling)? I understand that Kasikorn require a minimum of US$ 500.00 (or around £390.00) to open an account.

As I am possibly going to be requiring a FCD account in the near future in view of NatWest's obstinate attitude, does anyone know if will I need to open it by transferring Sterling over here or could I just open it with Thai Bht (obviously changed to Sterling)? I understand that Kasikorn require a minimum of US$ 500.00 (or around £390.00) to open an account.

Nick wrote a whole thread on the subject if you search back. My recollection is that BKB (best choice) require an an initial deposit of £100 ?

You can use the FCD to show funds for your annual extension.

Nick wrote a whole thread on the subject if you search back. My recollection is that BKB (best choice) require an an initial deposit of £100 ?

I'm not too concerned about the amount. I don't have Sterling and cannot have Sterling transferred until I have an account. Chicken and egg. Do I need to change some Bht into Sterling to open an account? Nick?

Back