HMPO, Liverpool

Today:

"Dear Sirs,

Just a reminder that I have not yet received a response to my email of 16th February 2023 Ref: POGR/0521447/23 (as above).

Today is the one year anniversary of my original notification to HMPO that my passport was issued with an error and I am still not in possession of a replacement. In two months time I shall need to visit Thai Immigration to apply for a further one year extension of stay and I feel that they may not accept any further excuses that my passport is due to be replaced but there has been a further delay.

I trust that you will be able to give priority to a response to my email which will include a satisfactory solution as to how and when I am going to receive my replacement passport.

Regards."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Thank you for your email response.

I am sorry you have not heard back from our complaints team regarding your email. I have again passed your details onto them for a reply.

They will contact you back as soon as possible.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
His Majesty’s Passport Office"

"Thank you for your email response.
I am sorry you have not heard back from our complaints team regarding your email. I have again passed your details onto them for a reply.

They will contact you back as soon as possible.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Regards,
His Majesty’s Passport Office"

Translation: D.W.L.L.W.A.G.A.F.
Regards,
HMPO

Where's the fun in that?
So whats the worst that can go wrong at this stage. A very unsympathetic IO goes on the rampage and you land up in Suan Pru Bangkok till you get a passport and you get deported. But on the up side you will be wrapped nicely in your principles. Gambling with that, albeit remote prospect would scare the sh1t out of me. Because the system has never turned on you, does not mean in won't.

So whats the worst that can go wrong at this stage. A very unsympathetic IO goes on the rampage and you land up in Suan Pru Bangkok till you get a passport and you get deported. But on the up side you will be wrapped nicely in your principles. Gambling with that, albeit remote prospect would scare the sh1t out of me. Because the system has never turned on you, does not mean in won't.

The passport is in VFS/VAC offices in Bangkok.

Or so I've been told.

And it has little to do with principles; more to do with money. My money.

Last edited:

Let's look at HMPO's suggested course of action.

I send the passport with the error, and with my visa and extension of stay information, to VFS/VAC Bangkok who will then issue my replacement passport. VFS/VAC, Bangkok will then send the passport with the error to HMPO, Liverpool to be destroyed. I will then have a pristine new replacement passport but it will be completely empty..

Let's look at HMPO's suggested course of action.

I send the passport with the error, and with my visa and extension of stay information, to VFS/VAC Bangkok who will then issue my replacement passport. VFS/VAC, Bangkok will then send the passport with the error to HMPO, Liverpool to be destroyed. I will then have a pristine new replacement passport but it will be completely empty..

Why not send copies of the erroneous passport?

That is what happens with normal renewals.

Why not send copies of the erroneous passport?

That is what happens with normal renewals.

I've sent copies to both HMPO, London, HMPO, Liverpool and VFS/VAC, Bangkok. Back in 2022.

And I've offered to send further copies if they require them.

No response.

Back