HMPO, Liverpool

On 23 March 2023 7:18 UTC, Yorky wrote:

I completed an On-Line Feedback Survey for HMPO and subsequently sent this email to "hmpo.communications" which has been returned "address not found".

"to hmpo.communications
2:08 PM (1 minute ago)
As requested, (your email of yesterday) I have completed your on-line feedback survey and would like to add that I find that, in general, the HMPO staff at Liverpool and at VFS/VAC Bangkok have been totally inept at replacing a passport with an error (HMPO's error). It has now been over 12 months since I reported the error and I have still not received a replacement. I live in Thailand and need my passport to verify my I.D. but this does not appear to interest HMPO.

I am aware that the replacement passport arrived at VFS/VAC Bangkok in January this year and is apparently awaiting collection. I have not been given a reason why the passport cannot be delivered to me by courier although I have asked on numerous occasions.

I am being kind when I say the attitude of the staff at both locations has been less than adequate.

Regards"

Perhaps you could forward the above to the relevant department.

Regards

Charles Geoffrey Pullan

"Dear Mr Yorky,

Thank you for your email response.

The complaints team will see this email chain as I can your emails have been already passed to them. They will contact you back as soon as possible.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

His Majesty’s Passport Office"

As a yardstick for the phrase "as soon as possible", the Home Office Guidelines on "How to correct errors on passports - version 9 - 28th September 2022" states

"If the customer’s passport has an error, we will:
• apologise for the error
• ask them to return it (if they have not already done it)
fix the error and issue a replacement as quickly as possible"

12 months?

Your choice.

Would you allow you current passport to be returned to Liverpool to be destroyed together with your Thai Immigration visa and extension information prior to them issuing a replacement passport?

"On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 HM Passport Office <Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk> wrote:

Thank you for your email.

If you wish for the error to be amended you will need to send the passport in.
This is because the passport with the error will need to be cancelled and destroyed and you will be issued a new one.

Kind Regards,

Mr J Day
Customer Contact Centre Agent
Customer Service Management Team
Her Majesty’s Passport Office
www.gov.uk/hm-passport-office"

[Edit: <Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk> This mailbox is no longer in use, and your email has not been forwarded.]

Last edited:
from: help@customerservice.hmpo.gov.uk6:53 PM (1 hour ago)
Please allow time for the office to contact you regarding this matter.

me: I think that seven weeks should have been sufficient time for the passport office to contact me. If Thai Immigration consider that I am staying here on an erroneous passport then it is likely that I shall be given seven days to leave the country or correct the problem.

[My last email to which I have not yet received a reply from "the office" was sent on 14th February 2023].

Last edited:
How am I supposed to respond to this?

Dear Mr Yorky,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can confirm that I have forwarded your request to our Resolutions Team for further consideration.

We’d love to hear your feedback about how we’ve dealt with your query today – if you’d like to take part in our short survey please click on the following link:

https://passport-office-surveys.homeoffice.gov.uk/s/1LPS38/

The survey should just take 3 minutes to complete. This research is being conducted by HM Passport Office’s Customer Insight team, and it abides by the Market Research Society’s Code of Conduct.

This email has been sent from an unmonitored email address. Please do not reply to it, if you need support about your passport application please see HM Passport Office contact information: Passport advice and complaints - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Kind Regards,

A Collins
Customer Service Management Team
HM Passport Office Operations
His Majesty's Passport Office
www.gov.uk/hm-passport-office

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14 February 2023

Dear Sirs,

I refer to the email to me from <noreplyCSMT@hmpo.gov.uk> on 31st January 2023 viz: "After reviewing the receipt you enclosed, I have authorised the following refunds:
  • £7.37 (300.00 Thai Baht) for your postage costs
  • £2.95 for your taxi fare
Please note the above amounts are based on today’s exchange rate, as we are unable to process payments in foreign currency.

Our finance department will be in touch with you directly to arrange your total refund of £10.32."

I have heard nothing since. Please advise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14th February 2023

Thank you for your email regarding your complaint.
I am sorry to hear the passport office has not replied to you, I have passed your email on to the Passport Office again for a reply. They will contact you within 15 working days.
Regards,
His Majesty’s Passport Office.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13th April 2023

Dear Sirs,

Reference the above email dated 14th February 2023, where you state that the Passport Office will contact me within 15 working days, it has now been 41 working days and I've heard nothing since.

Please would you provide me with an update?

13th April 2023

Thank you for your reply.

Should you wish to speak to someone regarding your complaint please contact the Passport Adviceline on 0300 222 0000 and we can transfer you to the relevant department.

Regards,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13th April 2023

Dear Sirs,

I do not wish to speak to someone regarding my complaint. Why am I required to spend my money to ring a number in UK? I wish you to provide an email address to which I may direct my complaint.

What is the point in spending more money to complain about your reluctance to reimburse the costs that I have already suffered?

Regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email regarding your application.

For us to log a complaint, you must tell us:

· Full name (applicant’s if different)
· Application number (if known)
· Date of birth
· Full postal address including post code
· Telephone number
· Who or what the complaint is about (full details of complaint)
· Relationship to applicant if complaint is not about yourself
· How you would like to be contacted (call-back or in writing)

When you give us these details, we will send these to the relevant team to investigate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It might make you feel better, to know I am still awaiting a reply from HMRC for my registered letter received by them on 31st Jan!!!!
I then emailed a formal complaint about their service and have been advised they will deal with the matter no later than 17thApril!!!!!
I won't be holding my breath!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14 February 2023

Dear Sirs,

I refer to the email to me from <noreplyCSMT@hmpo.gov.uk> on 31st January 2023 viz: "After reviewing the receipt you enclosed, I have authorised the following refunds:
  • £7.37 (300.00 Thai Baht) for your postage costs
  • £2.95 for your taxi fare
Please note the above amounts are based on today’s exchange rate, as we are unable to process payments in foreign currency.

Our finance department will be in touch with you directly to arrange your total refund of £10.32."

I have heard nothing since. Please advise.

14th February 2023

Thank you for your email regarding your complaint.
I am sorry to hear the passport office has not replied to you, I have passed your email on to the Passport Office again for a reply. They will contact you within 15 working days.
Regards,

13th April 2023

Dear Sirs,

Reference the above email dated 14th February 2023, where you state that the Passport Office will contact me within 15 working days, it has now been 41 working days and I've heard nothing since.

Please would you provide me with an update?

13th April 2023

Should you wish to speak to someone regarding your complaint please contact the Passport Adviceline on 0300 222 0000 and we can transfer you to the relevant department.

Regards,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13th April 2023

Dear Sirs,

I do not wish to speak to someone regarding my complaint. Why am I required to spend my money to ring a number in UK? I wish you to provide an email address to which I may direct my complaint.

What is the point in spending more money to complain about your reluctance to reimburse the costs that I have already suffered?

Regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email regarding your application.

For us to log a complaint, you must tell us:

· Full name (applicant’s if different)
· Application number (if known)
· Date of birth
· Full postal address including post code
· Telephone number
· Who or what the complaint is about (full details of complaint)
· Relationship to applicant if complaint is not about yourself
· How you would like to be contacted (call-back or in writing)

When you give us these details, we will send these to the relevant team to investigate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 13 April 2023 13:42 UTC.

Sirs,

I have complained about HMPO procrastination previously on a number of occasions.

Today was another example:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: HMPO Procrastination #7519977

I have passed your details to the passport office for a reply. They will contact you with an update as soon as they can.

Regards,
His Majesty’s Passport Office

ME: Reference my request for your opening hours for collection of passports, your website <https://visa.vfsglobal.com/tha/en/gbr/attend-centre/bangkok> details Monday - Friday 09:30 - 16:00 as the periods for collection of passports. Please clarify.

VAC: We are open for British Passport Collection on Monday to Friday (except on public holidays) from 14:00-15:00 hours.
Or you can collect your passport prior to our collection time. 
Our office hours are from Monday to Friday from 08.30-11.00 hours and 13.00-15.00 hours. (Except for Public holidays) 

ME: Reference your email today regarding passport collection times:
Your website states Monday - Friday 09:30 - 16:00 as the periods for collection of passports
You state Monday - Friday 14:00 - 15:00 for collection of British passports but I may collect my British passport earlier than that.
Your office opening hours are Monday - Friday 08:30 - 11.00 and 13:00 - 15:00.
Thank you for clarifying that.

VAC: The operation time for a British Passport Collection is from Monday - Friday at 14.00 - 15.00 hours as it was mentioned on the passport collection email.
The passport collection show on the website is for UK Visa Collection.
Our office is open from 08.30-11.00 hours and 13.00 - 15.00 hours. - This included the operation time for both British Passport application and British Passport Collection.
If you are not available to collect your passport on 14.00 - 15.00 hours. You can come to collect your passport prior to our collection time.

I'm not going to ask again but are they saying my passport may be collected Monday to Friday between 08:30 and 11:00 and 13:00 and 15:00? It's not like trying to get an appointment with your GP, FFS!

Last edited:
Back