HMPO, Liverpool

Reference your email.

All that I require is confirmation that all expenses that I have and shall incur, including my time, will be reimbursed by HMPO in respect of replacing the incorrectly issued passport.

Or, alternatively, the name of a person within HMPO who is authorised to give this confirmation.

Regards

Dear Mr Yorky,

I am unable to trace your application from the details you have provided. To allow me to locate the application, can you please supply the following details:

• The application number
• Full name, including all middle names as detailed on the application
• Full postal address
• Date of birth
• Date application was submitted
• How the application was made e.g. online, postal, check and send

If you do not have the application number, then you will need to obtain this and contact us again with the information.

Once we have received this information, we will be able to provide an update on your application.

All that I require is confirmation that all expenses that I have and shall incur, including my time, will be reimbursed by HMPO in respect of replacing the incorrectly issued passport.

Is this now a 'wet dream' for you ?

"All expenses reimbursed"... :cool:
("One toke over the line, sweet Jesus" - Brewer& Shipley)

Is this now a 'wet dream' for you ?

"All expenses reimbursed"... :cool:
("One toke over the line, sweet Jesus" - Brewer& Shipley)

What does the song one toke over the line refer to?

This song is about drugs, especially marijuana. A "Toke" is a puff from a marijuana cigarette or pipe. Tom Shipley explained: "When we wrote 'One Toke Over the Line,' I think we were one toke over the line. I considered marijuana a sort of sacrament...

So now I understand what a toke is.

What does the song one toke over the line refer to?

This song is about drugs, especially marijuana. A "Toke" is a puff from a marijuana cigarette or pipe. Tom Shipley explained: "When we wrote 'One Toke Over the Line,' I think we were one toke over the line. I considered marijuana a sort of sacrament...

So now I understand what a toke is.

One can learn something new every day.

167107585442973605412.jpg
For alcohol consider the comparable phrase, "He had one too many."

to: help@customerservice.hmpo.gov.uk

Dear Sirs,

You don't need to locate my application. My application has been located and action has been taken by HMPO Liverpool. A replacement passport is currently being prepared.

All I request of you is to read and comprehend my email of December 14th and provide an answer to my question.

Regards

Do you think that the sarcasm will go over their heads?

Do you think that the sarcasm will go over their heads?

I have completed their questionnaire requesting my opinion of the email service that the help line provides. Even though it is anonymous I still refrained from calling them a bunch of inadequate tossers. Only just though.

Dear Mr Yorky.

Thank you for your email.

I have passed your email to the office for a reply. They will contact you as soon as possible.

Regards,
His Majesty’s Passport Office

Dear Mr Yorky.

I have passed your email to the office for a reply. They will contact you as soon as possible.

Regards,
His Majesty’s Passport Office

I emailed HMPO again this mornin:

" Dear Sirs,

Reference my email (dated December 15th 2022) that you have passed to the office for a response, it has now been almost one month and I've heard nothing.
My replacement passport has been printed and is now with VFS/VAC in Bangkok. I have asked VFS/VAC by email (9th January 2023) to courier the passport to me together with the original (*********) but have yet to receive a response from them.
Please look into this matter as it may soon become urgent.
Regards"

"Dear Mr Yorky,
Thank you for your email regarding your enquiry.
If you wish to request a refund for the additional fees incurred to replace the passport you will need to raise this through the complaints procedure for further investigation.
In order for us to log a complaint we will require the following details:

• Full name (applicant’s if different)
  • Date of birth
  • Full postal address including postal code
  • Telephone number
  • Who the complaint is regarding
  • How you would like to be contacted regarding the complaint (Call-back or in writing).
  • Relationship to applicant (if complaint is not regarding yourself).
  • Application Number (if in your possession)
  • Full details regarding your complaint or more information you feel is relevant to the complaint.
Once we receive these details we will then pass them on to our Resolutions Team who will investigate the matter further."

"Dear Sirs,
This correspondence appears to be going around in circles. I have provided all the information that you have requested previously and a number of times. This matter has now been unsettled since early March 2022 over 10 months ago. I can provide the information requested again but I foresee a further delay in getting the matter resolved. At the present time, my replacement passport is with VFS/VAC in Bangkok and they are threatening to return the passport to HMPO Liverpool after another 26 days if it is not collected. It took HMPO almost 30 days to respond to my last (of numerous emails since August last year) so I can envisage that the whole process of you needing to replace the erroneously issued passport will re-commence involving both unnecessary time and money for all parties involved.
The solution to this whole charade would be for you to instruct VFS/VAC, with no further delay, to courier the replacement passport to my home address. This would involve a cost to VFS/VAC of less than ฿100.00
If you wish me to copy the voluminous correspondence to you again, I shall do so.
As time is of the essence, please respond by return."

"Dear Mr Yorky,

I have passed your email on to the Passport Office for a reply. They will contact you within three working days."

Latest from VFS/VAC Bangkok:

Jan 9, 2023, Bangkok HMPO <BangkokHMPO@vfshelpline.com> wrote:

Dear Applicant,

We would like to inform you that the passport in the name of *** YORKY *** is ready for collection from The Trendy Office Building, 8th Floor, Sukhumvit SOI 13, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok Thailand 10110.

We will keep the passport for 30 days, after that we must return the passport back to the UK.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Sirs,

Reference my replacement passport which you have received, I would be grateful if you would courier said passport together with the cancelled passport (*********) which I understand has been delivered to you under separate cover. There will be no need for you to cancel passport number ********* as I am required to return the passport to HMPO Liverpool as per their correspondence of 30th December 2022.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Dear Mr Yorky,

Your application is now in order. I just need you to confirm that we are going to despatch through the Local Service Centre in Bangkok and not Chiang Mai. The passport will be given the spare validity so it will expire on 28/11/2029. I will send you the email letter with the return address in the UK for your previous British Passport to be returned. Please return within 3 months. I can track the package after 72 hours so I will be able to give you an estimated delivery. We will also send an email notification to your nominated Local Service Centre that contains your contact details.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

John Gregory"

Best regards

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Yorky,

Regards to your email below, now I have received your previous passport (707312803).

However, The courier service is not provided. You must collect the passport in person or you may authorize your representative to collect your passport on your behalf.

When collecting the passport, you must bring your document receipt checklist (or print out this email) and previous passport (if renewal) with you for cancellation, if you do not do so, then we will not be able to provide the new passport.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your email of today. You state that a courier service is not provided. If that is the case then I shall require your assurances that all my costs involved in collecting the passport will be reimbursed by either VFS or HMPO Liverpool. If I collect in person this is liable to be in excess of ฿15,000.00.

My "previous" passport will be cancelled by HMPO, Liverpool.

Best regards,

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Yorky,

Regarding your email below, we would be unable to arrange a courier. You must collect both of your passports in person or authorize someone to do it on your behalf.

Regarding reimbursement for customer collection please contact HMPO adviceline for any queries or complaints.

Unfortunately, unless I have assurance from either yourselves or HMPO Liverpool that the costs of collecting the replacement passport (and previously cancelled passport) shall be reimbursed, I shall not be collecting the passports in person nor shall I be paying an agent to collect it on my behalf. For this reason I have requested that HMPO Liverpool instruct you to courier the passport to me at my home address in Surin. Your statement that you are unable to arrange a courier is nonsense. The courier would be unlikely to cost more than ฿100.00 rather than the thousands that it would cost me (or an agent) to collect it. I would add that you do not require to cancel the current erroneous passport as I am required by HMPO Liverpool to return it to them for cancellation (as confirmed in my earlier email).

The passport that you have received from HMPO Liverpool was issued as a replacement for one that was issued with an error. Whether the error was yours or HMPO Liverpool's I do not know, but HMPO have admitted that the error is their responsibility. For this reason I shall not accept responsibility for the costs which I have incurred to date during the 10 months that this fiasco has extended, nor any subsequent costs.

Should you require further information, I shall be able to provide you with a transcript of the correspondence during the past 10 months however this amounts to more than twenty A4 sheets.

I have contacted HMPO Liverpool regarding reimbursement of the costs incurred in collecting the passport a number of times since August 2022 but to date I have received nothing but procrastinated and irrelevant responses which do not address the requests.

I note that you have stated that you will return the issued passport to HMPO Liverpool in what is now 25 days. Should this be your preferred course of action then it will cause the whole debacle to be re-commenced requiring an additional application to HMPO, Liverpool along with new photographs and no doubt another challenge as to how the subsequent next replacement passport will be delivered to me.

I trust that sense will prevail.

Regards,

Bottom line @Yorky - get yourself to Bangkok...and enjoy yourself.

Otherwise... :p "sense will prevail"

The bottom line is, and I've stated this before, I don't give a shit whether I receive the replacement passport or not. I've managed to circumvent the problem up until now and I shall not require a new passport until 2029, if at all!

The point is - I shall not be out of pocket further because HMPO buggered up my passport.

And I don't like Bangkok.

Plus, I'm enjoying the altercation with the morons!

Carry on Yorky. You have my support. These irresponsible bastards must be taught to assume responsibility.

If the passport is eventually sent to you (couriered or whatever). I would then demand that the old passport they require returned, be collected by VFS personally...BY APPOINTMENT!. Then perhaps start over and seek compensation
:) :tongueout:

To: help@customerservice.hmpo.gov.uk 16th January 2023

"Dear Sirs,

Reference your email above (January 12th 2023) advising that the Passport Office will contact me within three working days, we are now in the third of those days and I am afraid that this matter will remain unsolved forever. Back on 7th October 2022 I was informed that I would be contacted within 3 working days on this same issue and now, some four months later, I still have not received a response.

Please note that also I have not had a response from VFS/VAC Bangkok and their threatened date for returning the replacement passport to HMPO Liverpool is now only 21 days away.

Regards"

Back