Japanese Restaurant now moved within Surin

Bear

Surin Legend
Took the family to the excellent Japanese Restaurant, yesterday. To our dismay, the Restaurant was closed and cleaned-out. However, they left a note on the door that they had moved locations.
"Haka Sou" (sp?) Japanese Restaurant had moved and to a great location and facility. They are now located on the little Klong road just before "Good View" and a few shops before "Lorenzino's" Restaurant.

I am pleased to report that the new facility is terrific. It is huge with plenty of parking. The food has maintained its high quality and flavor standards. It has larger staff with the primary waitresses dressed attractively in kimonos.

As you enter, to your right are many booths with the hot Suki Pots in the center of the tables. If you turn to your left, you will enter the main dining area and sushi bar. There are regular tables and booths located in this area.
Then, they have several private rooms, each with its own separate air-conditioner. Two of the private rooms have pillows to sit on with room to place your feet and legs without sitting with them cramped underneath you. The remaining private rooms have nice tables set up to serve up to eight people. More could be handled, if needed.

We had many items ranging from Beef Teriyaki, Shrimp Sashimi, deep fried gyoza (dumplings with delicious pork & vegetable filling, shrimp tempura and many other items. They had some delicious chardonnay for a very reasonable price, as was the food. Highly recommended!

Took the family to the excellent Japanese Restaurant, yesterday. To our dismay, the Restaurant was closed and cleaned-out. However, they left a note on the door that they had moved locations.
"Haka Sou" (sp?) Japanese Restaurant had moved and to a great location and facility. They are now located on the little Klong road just before "Good View" and a few shops before "Lorenzino's" Restaurant.

I am pleased to report that the new facility is terrific. It is huge with plenty of parking. The food has maintained its high quality and flavor standards. It has larger staff with the primary waitresses dressed attractively in kimonos.

As you enter, to your right are many booths with the hot Suki Pots in the center of the tables. If you turn to your left, you will enter the main dining area and sushi bar. There are regular tables and booths located in this area.
Then, they have several private rooms, each with its own separate air-conditioner. Two of the private rooms have pillows to sit on with room to place your feet and legs without sitting with them cramped underneath you. The remaining private rooms have nice tables set up to serve up to eight people. More could be handled, if needed.

We had many items ranging from Beef Teriyaki, Shrimp Sashimi, deep fried gyoza (dumplings with delicious pork & vegetable filling, shrimp tempura and many other items. They had some delicious chardonnay for a very reasonable price, as was the food. Highly recommended!

Thanks for the info Mr Bear ,do they do a lot of business ?

Thanks for the info Mr Bear ,do they do a lot of business ?

They were packed, yesterday. The owner explained that one of the reasons they moved was for more capacity and much more parking. The limited parking at the old place, apparently, kept a lot of customers away. I counted about 40-50 customers in the restaurant, yesterday, when we left at departed 1400.

Thanks for the update on its new location Bear. I paid them a visit yesterday, and was very impressed with the new premises. Massive parking area and outdoor terrace. The interior was impressive too. As always the service and grub was top drawer. Its a shame all the kids in our family like the Sushi/sashimi, I would rather they had an omelette so I could keep all the good stuff to myself haha.

Sent from a banana using Crappatalk and supersonic sausage fingers

Went there last Friday on the basis of the reviews here and it was excellant we both really enjoyed it.
No excuse for what happened with the mystery farang but it took us ages to attract someones attention to get the bill -no doubt because we were on one of the end tables in the line before the private booths.
Anyway good food will be re-visiting when we return to Surin in December

Attracting a waitresses attention is an all too often problem in a restaurant, unless you are prepared to jump up and make a fool of yourself! I often advocated the provision of a bell on the tables in a friends former restaurant, but the awkward bugger wouldn't even consider it!

I wonder where they get there fish from ?

If it comes from Macro I wont be eating it raw ,the freezers in Macro are disgusting the fish and sea food in the freezers is not even frozen ,or the burgers its all soft - WTF

Maybe they have a better supply of food anyone know ? :confused:

My wife is close to the owners (wife), and i have had a chance to speak to both of them. All of the fish is Sushi grade from BKK. The salmon is also brought up from BKK. They have many years of experience preparing and cooking Japanese food, having worked as a head chef in many Japanese restaurants all over BKK and training in Japan. Think he has around 15 years experience. The place is one of the most hygienic places I have come across in Thailand and the food is absolutely top notch. They also have a Japanese-Thai fusion menu for the people who need a little more spice. Highly recommended.

WoH

My wife is close to the owners (wife), and i have had a chance to speak to both of them. All of the fish is Sushi grade from BKK. The salmon is also brought up from BKK. They have many years of experience preparing and cooking Japanese food, having worked as a head chef in many Japanese restaurants all over BKK and training in Japan. Think he has around 15 years experience. The place is one of the most hygienic places I have come across in Thailand and the food is absolutely top notch. They also have a Japanese-Thai fusion menu for the people who need a little more spice. Highly recommended.

WoH

Sounds Great , a new concept.10of10Score

O.K. So you only hear that they are having some type of special going on for New Year's is that correct? No details provided on what is included at the 3000 Baht price so how can one make a decision if this price is out of line? I will reserve judgement until further information is forthcoming. Compared to what most of the venues are asking in Bangkok to reserve a spot for New Year's Eve 3000 Baht is a bloody good price.

O.K. So you only hear that they are having some type of special going on for New Year's is that correct? No details provided on what is included at the 3000 Baht price so how can one make a decision if this price is out of line? I will reserve judgement until further information is forthcoming. Compared to what most of the venues are asking in Bangkok to reserve a spot for New Year's Eve 3000 Baht is a bloody good price.

Whatever is on offer for 3000bt, it must be remembered than Surin is NOT Bangkok!

Yes, as I said "I hear". I was relying on some input from someone who actually knew. Hence the post.

However, in Surin, if it is true, I cannot imagine what they are offering to make it an economical proposition for me.

I would imagine in London, that there would be a queue a mile long if they were offering a New Year's Eve meal (although I didn't say New Year's Eve) for 60 pounds.

I've just checked the net and you can order a 5 course a la carte meal in one of Milan's finest restaurants from between Bht 2000.00* and Bht 4,000.00*.

Antica Osteria Cavallin. Not sure if that applies during the festive season though.

* Excluding wine.

Y

Manchester .......
http://www.manchesterrestaurants.com/oriental/oceantreasure.htm
http://www.manchesterrestaurants.com/british/fahrenheit.htm
http://www.manchesterrestaurants.com/british/opusone.htm
http://www.manchesterrestaurants.com/italian/dough.htm
http://www.manchesterrestaurants.com/british/lowry.htm

Tons of meals for the equivalent of 1500 to 2000 baht !

So I think 3000 baht unless all drinks are included is a bit on the $$$$$ side ,Bangkok prices !
Even Bangkok has some great places for under 3000 baht - Sunday lunch buffet with wine included ,as much as you can scoff ThumbUp6Oops5

I apologise. The person who told the person who told me had the wrong end of the stick. Apparently it either isn't true or it isn't BHt 3,000.00 per head. Please don't send three and fourpence.

Cheers

Y

I apologise. The person who told the person who told me had the wrong end of the stick. Apparently it either isn't true or it isn't BHt 3,000.00 per head. Please don't send three and fourpence.

Cheers

Y

Thanks, Yorky, you are absolutely correct. I visited the owners of the Japanese Restaurant and asked them directly. They had never heard of the Thb 3,000 meal and had no special program planned. As a matter of fact, when I mentioned the Thb 3,000 fee, they looked at me incredulously and queried why would somebody charge such a high price.

They are open, however, and will be serving normally off the menus. A group of us have booked one of their nice private rooms and will be celebrating New Year's there. They are allowing us to bring our own champagne for midnight.

They have a couple of their private rooms still unbooked and plenty of room in the rest of the restaurant. Thus, this is another New Year's option.

Thanks, Yorky, you are absolutely correct. I visited the owners of the Japanese Restaurant and asked them directly. They had never heard of the Thb 3,000 meal and had no special program planned. As a matter of fact, when I mentioned the Thb 3,000 fee, they looked at me incredulously and queried why would somebody charge such a high price.

They are open, however, and will be serving normally off the menus. A group of us have booked one of their nice private rooms and will be celebrating New Year's there. They are allowing us to bring our own champagne for midnight.

They have a couple of their private rooms still unbooked and plenty of room in the rest of the restaurant. Thus, this is another New Year's option.

Sounds like a good idea.

Back