Japanese Restaurant now moved within Surin

Doe's anyone know If its open today on New Years Day? The team needs a Sushi fix.

Doe's anyone know If its open today on New Years Day? The team needs a Sushi fix.

Doubtful it is open today on New Year's Day. We had a great time last night there with Bear, Westofhere, Idaho Mike and our wives and girlfriends. Was great to have our daughter Starbeam along as well back from uni for the holidays. The foods were absolutely fantastic. Not a bad dish in the huge lot that we all shared and scarfed down. Lovely fried breaded shrimp, the beef teriyaki is amazing, great wines, and I love the hot saki. It was all fabulous and everyone was stuffed with food and drink. We had a private room with a table set for ten that was perfect for what we wanted. The staff is great and the owners are very nice people who do an awesome job with the food. I highly recommend this place to all who like good food and good Japn. foods. The bill for all the foods and about 6 bottles of good white and red wine, saki, etcetera was less than 8 thousand baht for 9 people. A bargain if ever there was. We had a great New Year's Eve there.

Mike

Doubtful it is open today on New Year's Day. We had a great time last night there with Bear, Westofhere, Idaho Mike and our wives and girlfriends. Was great to have our daughter Starbeam along as well back from uni for the holidays. The foods were absolutely fantastic. Not a bad dish in the huge lot that we all shared and scarfed down. Lovely fried breaded shrimp, the beef teriyaki is amazing, great wines, and I love the hot saki. It was all fabulous and everyone was stuffed with food and drink. We had a private room with a table set for ten that was perfect for what we wanted. The staff is great and the owners are very nice people who do an awesome job with the food. I highly recommend this place to all who like good food and good Japn. foods. The bill for all the foods and about 6 bottles of good white and red wine, saki, etcetera was less than 8 thousand baht for 9 people. A bargain if ever there was. We had a great New Year's Eve there.

Mike

Mr. Cent, you must be having another "Senior Moment", as we had 8 bottles of wine in addition to the large carafe of Sake given to us from the management.
You are totally correct iin one way, however, GREAT TIME!!!!!!! GREAT PRICE.

A PERFECT WAY TO BRING IN THE nEW yEAR.

HAPPY AND WONDERFUL NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

Its open! Shame all the kids in the family love sushi.

Eight wines Jesus , well done guys

Believe me, the 5 ladies also enjoyed voluminous quantities of the wine, beer & Sake.

We also brought a bottle of Champagne.

Terrific way to welcome in the new year with close friends and family.
Thanks goodness the Tuk Tuks were there to take us home.

So glad this place is in Surin. Great food as always.

Sounds great will have to pop by once we get home .
I did go there a couple of years back in the old location .
Maybe we could have a S/F meeting there !

Sounds great will have to pop by once we get home .
I did go there a couple of years back in the old location .
Maybe we could have a S/F meeting there !

Never had a drama here mate. Owners a nice people as well.

Hakuzou Japanese Restaurant in Surin

Hakuzou Japanese Restaurant

I went last night with my wife for my birthday dinner. We've been there numerous times over the past couple/few years since they have opened. It's one of our favorite places to go to eat out. The owners are very nice people, salt of the earth, hard working, decent and pleasant friendly people. They really have a great place here, with attentive staff, excellent foods and drinks, and a great building housing it all.

There were quite a few patrons in there last night when we arrived at around 7:30. And it was a Tuesday evening at that. This place is quite popular here in Surin.

They are situated on the Klong Road to the left of the Goodview (I think there is one other small restaurant between the two). They are set back from the road with plenty of parking in front. There's a large lighted sign saying HAKUZOU in front on the building. Drive slowly and you really can't miss it. :)

This place has something for nearly everyone to enjoy. I can't believe the variety of wonderful Japanese foods. And no, it is not all sushi. I am very impressed with the quality and excellent flavors of their food. It's an oasis of culinary delights, atmosphere and service. There is also a good amount of seating area, both public and more private. There are private rooms available for parties and gatherings. (A few of us couples went there this past New Year's Eve to celebrate and had a wonderful time. WestofHere and his wife, Myself and wife Waen and daughter Starbeam, Bear and Mam, and Idaho Mike and his GF French Fry.) This restaurant is clean, bright, with good AC and lovely music playing quietly in the background. I'd rate Hakuzou one of the best dining establishments in Surin. They really do it right.

If you haven't been here, and enjoy Japanese and other good delicious foods this place is a 'must go to'.

We had the chance to chat for a good 15 or 20 minutes with the owners before leaving. I was asking them about their beef (their beef teriyaki is fabulous) and I was told their Wagyu beef is imported from Australia. They do not use the Wagyu beef that can be found now here in Surin, but get theirs imported into Bangkok from another source direct from Down Under.
I asked if it would be okay for me to come back one day in the daytime and take some pics of their place and of their menus and such and they said they would be delighted for me to do so. I told them I would place the info and pics here on Surinfarang.com and they said they would be very happy for me to do so, and invite all the members here to come and give their wonderful restaurant a try and see what you all think of their business. So I will endeavor to have some lunch there this coming Saturday and bring my camera along. I also have their card, which is all in Thai dammit, and will get this translated and place the info here.

For now, their hours are 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Their land line phone number is: 044-713-554

Mike

P.S. They also have a luncheon menu here. Prices are very reasonable and they have 'set' meals you can order. I'd say as long as you are not drinking beers and saki you can easily get out of there for 200 baht or so for a lunch with their nice hot Japanese tea. I intend to start doing a weekly lunch there soon, alone, or with friends occasionally who want to meet and chat, as I can walk there from our townhouse which is on a small soi just opposite Hakuzou on the klong road, a five minutes walk or so. It's a perfect place to meet for a quiet, relaxing, and comfortable lunch.

Never had a drama here mate. Owners a nice people as well.

Last edited:
They also used to have German beer on the menu. Do you know if it is still available? I haven't been there in a while.

They also used to have German beer on the menu. Do you know if it is still available? I haven't been there in a while.

Joe,

I did notice one of the German beers from Norby on the menu last night. We had the Asahi Japanese beer for ourselves though last night, as Waen and I were splitting the beer and she is not fond of the German beers. She prefers Heineken, but does enjoy the Asahi beer as well.

We should lunch there some day.

Mike

Some pics from today's visit to the Haku Zou Japanese restaurant in Surin. Great food, good prices, wonderful atmosphere, staff and owners. This is one of my favorite places to eat in Surin. You can get a luncheon special meal for around 200 baht all in that will fill you up and give your taste buds a serious treat. This place is on the klong road near the Good View restaurant. A great place to treat yourself and your partner and family. A 10 for me. I will be going here at least once a week for lunch or dinner.

Tomorrow I will place up some pics I took of the menus.

DSCN0048jpg-1_zps5b4bfd94.jpg

DSCN0050jpg-01_zpse487ff3d.jpg

DSCN0052jpg-03_zps445eface.jpg

DSCN0053jpg-03_zps5a63d279.jpg

DSCN0054jpg-04_zps056d8151.jpg

DSCN0055jpg-05_zpsb7c6358a.jpg

DSCN0056jpg-05_zpsc074b49e.jpg

DSCN0057jpg-06_zps04e05378.jpg

DSCN0058jpg-07_zps4351d028.jpg

DSCN0059jpg-08_zps1c876ab4.jpg

DSCN0060jpg-09_zps109307f9.jpg

DSCN0061jpg-10_zps9ca0a1b8.jpg

DSCN0062jpg-011_zps83a6a8ca.jpg

DSCN0063jpg-011_zpse8ab3f26.jpg

DSCN0065jpg-012_zps25e3387d.jpg

DSCN0066jpg-012_zps1921aa40.jpg

DSCN0067jpg-013_zps900c6139.jpg

DSCN0068jpg-013_zpsc7ab5331.jpg

DSCN0070jpg-017_zps0d6dcd4a.jpg

DSCN0071jpg-018_zpsd91afe07.jpg

Last edited:
I appreciate the fact that in his opinion it's the best food food in Surin. Certainly the choices, the prices and the seating options all make this place one of the better dining options in Surin. We all have our go to places and think that place is the cat's meow. When it's actually open IMO Lorenzino's serves the finest meal in this entire region. As an aside someone asked about the new version of Goodviewjust next door to the Jappo place. I have eaten there twice already and it's very good. At least now the entire menu has an English version so a Farang dining there alone will not have a problem. My only issue is that I can get most of the same dishes at the Tree Restaurant five minutes away for 30 to 40 baht less and they taste the same. This new Goodview does have a nicer ambience, it has live music and some of the eye candy is mighty fine. Go and see for yourself and enjoy.

It is if you like Japanese food and the nicest looking restaurant , but its not my favourite food so to me it's not the best restaraunt in Surin .
But I agree its very good !

I appreciate the fact that in his opinion it's the best food food in Surin. Certainly the choices, the prices and the seating options all make this place one of the better dining options in Surin. We all have our go to places and think that place is the cat's meow. When it's actually open IMO Lorenzino's serves the finest meal in this entire region. As an aside someone asked about the new version of Goodviewjust next door to the Jappo place. I have eaten there twice already and it's very good. At least now the entire menu has an English version so a Farang dining there alone will not have a problem. My only issue is that I can get most of the same dishes at the Tree Restaurant five minutes away for 30 to 40 baht less and they taste the same. This new Goodview does have a nicer ambience, it has live music and some of the eye candy is mighty fine. Go and see for yourself and enjoy.

Paddy,

I walked past Lorenzino's yesterday (Saturday) at 2 p.m. and the place was locked up tight. What exactly are his hours and days open/off? What is on his menu and how much are his meals, pizzas and such good stuff? What is your favorite meal there?

How about maybe the next time you are there bring along your digital camera, or use your mobile phone if it has a built-in camera, and take a few shots of Willy's place and post them up here for others to see? Especially his entrance area and sign. I was walking and still almost walked past his place without noticing it. The white sign above with the faded pink lettering is very difficult to notice/see. He needs something at ground level by the curb facing the traffic. I drive by sometimes and never even see the place, and I know basically where to look.

Thanks for your info and review of the new Good View. It's nearby me and I'll be going there often I suspect. I always enjoyed the place over the years they've been open. And I have heard some good live music there too, which I enjoy.

Mike

Back