Japanese Restaurant now moved within Surin

Went to the Japanese Restaurant, yesterday. Really enjoyed the Shrimp Tempura served along with a wonderful steak, cooked just right.
My buddy Cent & I also managed to enjoy three bottles of a tasty Chilean Chardonnay, to top things off.
Great food, good service and clean enjoyable facilities.
Hard to beat it for a good meal.

I would love to be able to give the days that Willi opens his restaurant but alas he does not have a set schedule. He did for a good time, even open for breakfast and had regular dining hours and days. He dropped the breakfast opening and concentrated on his evening trade but that became a hit or miss. He was supposed to close on Saturday and Sunday and remain open the rest of the week. I have gone by there four times in the past ten days hoping to find him open. My sense now is that with his wife on her way to a very successful career in law he will most likely close for good. She was his second in command and could make every dish on the menu, on the few occasions that there multiple tables waiting to dine the both of them worked together and got the meals out in a timely fashion. His execution of Swiss/Italian inspired food was a great treat and every meal I eat there was a culinary delight. He refused to compromise on the ingredients and made his own pastas, sauces, breads, smoked meats and fish. He used only the best cuts of meat and not this crap Thai beef. All of his deserts were made in house. If he ever decides to continue in the business I will certainly dine there and take the opportunity to photograph his menu and the meals ordered.

She's a very nice lady and I think without her the place might suffer .

I drive past this place often and its often closed, when it is open I never see costemers in there .
I'm surprised its still open at all .

We had lunch at the new location for Haku Zou Japanese restaurant today and it was excellant as always.They are now across from Ruampaet hospital in front of Tawandang. Very nice new building.

We had lunch at the new location for Haku Zou Japanese restaurant today and it was excellant as always.They are now across from Ruampaet hospital in front of Tawandang. Very nice new building.

Another move for Nomad's map? (while adding The Beach, perhaps).

Moved again! I think they spent quite a bit of money doing up the last place.

Moved again! I think they spent quite a bit of money doing up the last place.

They spent a boatload of money on the last place. My wife is very close with the family. According to her, once the place was refurbished, the owners of the property slowly started to increase the electric and other utilities that they had control of, making it difficult to keep the place afloat. Once their 2 year lease was about to expire, the owners of the property increased the rent. Selfish, and envious not wanting to see others succeed IMO, but it seems to happen here all the time.

The new place is much smaller, but the quality of the food remains the same. They made sure to get a 10 year lease as well for insurance.

I drove past today and saw the new building from the road but couldn't work out how to get in. Is there an entrance from the Ruamphaet side, from the TAT side , or is it from the Tawandaeng side?

Back