K PLUS banking

@Yorky asked the meaning of "revert the use the Security password via SMS-OTP".

Revert = return to (a previous state, practice, topic, etc.).

What is SMS OTP?

An SMS OTP (one-time password) is a secure authorisation method where a numeric or alphanumeric code is sent to a mobile number. This password is an added layer of security used to verify a user’s identity when logging in online or confirming an action.

I think the bank is saying this. You may use the K Plus app to confirm your transactions or the security password obtained with the SMS - OTP. However, you can not use both. If you sign up K-Plus you may no longer use SMS-OTP to confirm transactions.

However, I cannot see where I can do my mobile phone top ups - previously I a list of numbers and it was easy to make a payment.

I can pay bills (including phone top up) as before (although I haven't added any new service companies) and conduct transfers. The only things I cannot do is "view debit card details" and "change debit card limit". I can still use the "shopping card" but only up to the previously set limit and only until 31:01:22 (when it expires). Surely the sensible action would have been to pre-warn customers that the system was about to be changed in order that they could apply for a new card before the change?

[Edit: I suppose that that entails thinking inside the box]

Last edited:
I think the bank is saying this. You may use the K Plus app to confirm your transactions or the security password obtained with the SMS - OTP. However, you can not use both. If you sign up K-Plus you may no longer use SMS-OTP to confirm transactions.

That is how I read it. However, it's not clear.

If you also read it like that, it must be fairly clear....

What is not clear is "what is the alternative to SMS-OTP and how does it work"? I'm not prepared to change to K-Biz and their method of authorising payments until I know what it entails. The "you will not be able to revert" concerns me.

I haven't been following this thread, nor have I had chance to become completely familiar with K Biz.

However, I cannot see where I can do my mobile phone top ups - previously I a list of numbers and it was easy to make a payment.

Also, I cannot see that the system stores a beneficiary phone and email details.
Open up K Biz..log in. then look down the LHS Top Up is there. Different layout to before and I preferred the old one. Stored beneficiary phone and email details seem to have gone

• Account
  • Credit / Xpress Cash Card
  • K Online Debit Card
Your Transaction
  • Funds Transfer
  • Bill Payment
  • Top-Up
  • Group Transfer

Open up K Biz..log in. then look down the LHS Top Up is there. Different layout to before and I preferred the old one. Stored beneficiary phone and email details seem to have gone

• Account
  • Credit / Xpress Cash Card
  • K Online Debit Card
Your Transaction
  • Funds Transfer
  • Bill Payment
  • Top-Up
  • Group Transfer

Thanks Nick..........................interesting when I first tried when the system changed it did not show my saved names - now it does! :)

Speaking of which (security) Kasikorn have advised me to use my ATM/Debit card in lieu of my shopping card until April (or so).

This leads to "Verify by Visa". Has anyone found it necessary to do this? The software requires that you input your full card number for "verification". What else they require I do not know as I'm not prepared to input my card number.

The phrase ' Banana republic' springs to mind!

It's not just Thailand.

I keep receiving letters from Natwest International saying that they've been trying to contact me via email and handphone but cannot get through. They tell me to login to my account and check the details. I did and there is not the facility to do this with "ibanking". Contacting them, they say that I need to check/change the details by registering with "online banking" (whether I need it or not). I tried to register with "online banking" and they sent me a code (by post). It didn't work. I contacted them and they sent me another code (received today) which did work. However, they said I need a card and card reader to continue registering. "I already have a card and card reader" was not an option on the list - in fact there wasn't a list - it was "apply for a card reader" or "quit".

Online I suggested to the NatWest rep that I change the email address through her (I had already logged in using pin number and password together with the OTP which they sent to my handphone (the number of which they have said is unobtainable). The only change to the email address is the email service provider - they have "@oscoms.com" whereas it's actually "@cscoms.com". "No we can't do that online, we will send you another card reader". I guess that they must have different card readers for "ibanking" and "online banking".

I'm afraid that it's all beyond me.

It's not just Thailand.

I keep receiving letters from Natwest International saying that they've been trying to contact me via email and handphone but cannot get through. They tell me to login to my account and check the details. I did and there is not the facility to do this with "ibanking". Contacting them, they say that I need to check/change the details by registering with "online banking" (whether I need it or not). I tried to register with "online banking" and they sent me a code (by post). It didn't work. I contacted them and they sent me another code (received today) which did work. However, they said I need a card and card reader to continue registering. "I already have a card and card reader" was not an option on the list - in fact there wasn't a list - it was "apply for a card reader" or "quit".

Online I suggested to the NatWest rep that I change the email address through her (I had already logged in using pin number and password together with the OTP which they sent to my handphone (the number of which they have said is unobtainable). The only change to the email address is the email service provider - they have "@oscoms.com" whereas it's actually "@cscoms.com". "No we can't do that online, we will send you another card reader". I guess that they must have different card readers for "ibanking" and "online banking".

I'm afraid that it's all beyond me.
I suspect card readers (maybe) all the same, as a few years ago I had 2 issued by Nationwide. My friend was in urgent need to use a card reader for his Barclay's Bank account (I think) and mine worked a treat for him.

I suspect card readers (maybe) all the same, as a few years ago I had 2 issued by Nationwide. My friend was in urgent need to use a card reader for his Barclay's Bank account (I think) and mine worked a treat for him.

Maybe it's the card that's different? The first card reader that was sent to me was some 10 years ago. It took Friday to Monday to travel from Jersey to Bangkok and thereafter 10 days to reach my drum in Surin. In the meantime they sent me another card reader and card saying that they are aligned with each other, i.e. the card that I had needed to be cancelled. I didn't believe it then, either.

It appears that all card readers are not the same. My original card reader has "ibanking" upon it. The new card reader (received today) is plain. My ibanking card does not work with the new, plain, card reader although it still does with my original card reader - but only for accessing my ibanking account (which is the same as my "new" online banking account - unless I have twice as much money than I thought).

This on-line banking malarky gets more complicated every year. Maybe I should ask AtB for assistance?

Back