K PLUS banking

My Kasikorn Shopping Card is used for an automatic direct debit insurance payment. Because of a scam, I reduced my spending limit, and only increased it when required. Now the shopping card has been stopped online, and I have had to change my insurance payment to my actual debit card.........which cannot be done on my PC with K Biz , but only on K Plus on my telephone.

The debit is due to be dealt with tomorrow..I will check to see if payment has gone through.

K Biz supposed to be a great improvement but from what I have seen many people have been f*&cked up!

It appears that all card readers are not the same. My original card reader has "ibanking" upon it. The new card reader (received today) is plain. My ibanking card does not work with the new, plain, card reader although it still does with my original card reader - but only for accessing my ibanking account (which is the same as my "new" online banking account - unless I have twice as much money than I thought).

This on-line banking malarky gets more complicated every year. Maybe I should ask AtB for assistance?

I have just checked that I still have access to my "ibanking" account (which I do)

Page 3 of the access procedure says "Our ibanking service will be withdrawn on 29 March 2022. After this date, if you haven’t registered for our alternative digital services, you will no longer be able to access or manage your accounts online."

Page 4 of the access procedure says "If you have not registered for our NatWest International ibanking plus service, then why not apply - for more details please speak to your branch or normal point of contact."

After Kasikorn Head Office advised me to use my ATM/Visa card for on-line purchases until "apply for on-line debit card (shopping card) becomes available". I tried. No such luck. I also tried verification by Visa and that failed - "the information entered does not match".

I took a wild guess and took it that, although the bank has had at least two copies of my new passport, they hadn't aligned it to my ATM/Debit card. I went to Kasikorn at Robinson's (easier to park) but they couldn't do anything - "must go to city branch". I went to the main branch when I was next in town and was third in the queue but the Assistant Manager approached me immediately. My wife was still driving around town looking for a parking spot and I had difficulty in explaining what I thought was the problem. I had both my old and new passports with me and luckily my wife arrived in time to assist. Within 3 minutes the Assistant Manager had revised the computer data and I walked out with what she told me was a working card. She was correct, I used the card on the following day without problems.

The difference between the on-line debit card (shopping card) and the ATM/Debit card provided by Kasikorn is that the spending limit may be limited on the shopping card whereas, as far as I know, it can't be on the ATM/Debit card. My shopping card was normally limited to a maximum of ฿2,000.00/day. I could amend that limit up for more expensive purchases and down again after the transaction, all on-line in minutes.

I have K+ which I use on an iPhone, and the iOS app works great, as does their debit/ATM card. I gather making and keeping apps working on multiple platforms is hard.
As they say in the computer programming trade, 'your results may vary'. But K-bank has worked well for me. I haven't tried K Biz.

I have emailed Kasikorn bank on 5 occasions regarding renewal of the "shopping card" or "on-line debit card" (December, January, February, April and yesterday (4th May). The responses I've received every time conclude with "we would like to inform you that it is still in the process to improve the service at the moment, and the bank will announce when it is ready to register soon."

It's not bloody rocket science!

Or maybe it is?

Gotta like the 34.5 THB/USD exchange rate, though, a 5 year high. When we first came to Thailand many years ago, the rate was 45. We may get there. Of course, there are two ways to look at this. It means all that money we had to have on deposit at no interest has gone down 14% in value.o_O

We're going to travel 2 weeks in Japan on the way back in October (if Japan lifts the tourist ban), as the yen is at 131/$, at least a 10 year high. Tell K-Bank you're itching to spend money with their card?:tongueclosed:

I have emailed Kasikorn bank on 5 occasions regarding renewal of the "shopping card" or "on-line debit card" (December, January, February, April and yesterday (4th May). The responses I've received every time conclude with "we would like to inform you that it is still in the process to improve the service at the moment, and the bank will announce when it is ready to register soon."

It's not bloody rocket science!

Or maybe it is?

My monthly reminder that their "on-line debit card" is still not available was sent today.

Seven months now.

During the last weekend Kasikorn Bank re-hashed their internet banking system.

I did not have a problem until I needed to check my "shopping card" details (now apparently called K Online Debit Card - I think). When I select "view card details" I am requested to "Please register for the Confirm transaction with K PLUS service for security in making transactions on K BIZ such as funds transfer, top-up, bill payment or K Online Debit Card. If you do not register, you cannot make such transactions on K BIZ."

So I apply to register and it tells me:

"If you don't have K PLUS, please download the application (Require Android 5.0 or later and iOS 9.3 or later.)

So I select "Google Play" and only have an option to install the App on my handphone (Samsung).

As I conduct all my banking transactions from my PCs this is of no use to me.

Have any Kasikorn Bankers any experience of this phenomenon?
Not sure I can help, but here are my own results: I am a Mac/iPhone user. I just use K+ on iPhone, and it has been working normally. I have not yet managed to get KBank to set me up for laptop computer access (which is how I manage my Bangkok Bank account) for no obvious reason. The main issue I have had in the past with both banks is if they insist on a secondary security code being sent to a Thai mobile phone number, which I do not have when abroad for 6 months each year. Anyway, I've been happy with K+. They send me monthly statements via email. As I'm now abroad until October, I cannot test any of this in Thailand.

My monthly reminder that their "on-line debit card" is still not available was sent today.

Seven months now.

Virtually the same response: "According to your request regarding the K Online Debit Card on K BIZ, we would like to inform you that the bank still has been in the process to improve the card service at the moment, and the bank will announce again when it is available."

At least they've refrained from saying it will be available soon.

Not sure I can help, but here are my own results: I am a Mac/iPhone user. I just use K+ on iPhone, and it has been working normally. I have not yet managed to get KBank to set me up for laptop computer access...........

I didn't appreciate that there was a difference. I have always used my laptop/desktop. I have just now checked on my handphone (Samsung) and access to K-Bank is available (Firefox browser).

In response to an effort to pay a bill online through Kasikorn, I was informed yesterday that "True" have been "removed from the system". Has anyone else come across this?

I contacted Kasikorn and they have yet to give a satisfactory answer.

In response to an effort to pay a bill online through Kasikorn, I was informed yesterday that "True" have been "removed from the system". Has anyone else come across this?

I don't use TRUE, but just logged into Kasikorn and found 7 different True accounts that one can pay online.

I'm not having any problems with K+. Sorry...I regularly transfer money and pay bills with it, iPhone. Maybe an Android problem?

It was a True (mal)function. Apparently they have changed their billing name. I believe that I have now completed the transaction.

My email to KBank today:

"It has now been 12 months since Kbank first posted this on their website and it's still there:

"To Apply New K Online Debit Card will be available soon!"

By any stretch of the imagination 12 months cannot be considered "soon".

Please advise when the Online Debit Card will be available or admit that it's never going to happen."

My email to KBank today:

"It has now been 12 months since Kbank first posted this on their website and it's still there:

"To Apply New K Online Debit Card will be available soon!"

By any stretch of the imagination 12 months cannot be considered "soon".

Please advise when the Online Debit Card will be available or admit that it's never going to happen."

I wonder if K Bank will ignore you the same as, or more than, UKPO.....

I wonder if K Bank will ignore you the same as, or more than, UKPO.....

Standard response:

"According to your inquiry about K Online Debit Card, we would like to inform you that the bank has still in the process to improve service, the bank will announce you again when the service is available, we truly apologize for any inconvenience. However, if you have K-Debit Card, you can use the debit card instead."

Back