KCI extension today.

Today's visit to Surin Immigration for a first-time marriage extension to replace the expiring retirement extension went as smoothly as the proverbial snake-oil salesman's sales pitch. We were greeted by a most amiable senior officer, offered coffee, invited to submit all the required papers as soon as we slid open the doors, (no queuing at all) and left much less than a couple of hours later with everything completed save for the obligatory home-visit which was promised for one day later this week! There were NO complications - other than the Robinson branch of Bkk Bank omitting to state the balance on the account on their letter prepared this morning. Happily, the KC branch of the same produced the required info within a couple of minutes of arriving there. 10/10 Surin Immigration!

Today's visit to Surin Immigration for a first-time marriage extension to replace the expiring retirement extension went as smoothly as the proverbial snake-oil salesman's sales pitch. We were greeted by a most amiable senior officer, offered coffee, invited to submit all the required papers as soon as we slid open the doors, (no queuing at all) and left much less than a couple of hours later with everything completed save for the obligatory home-visit which was promised for one day later this week! There were NO complications - other than the Robinson branch of Bkk Bank omitting to state the balance on the account on their letter prepared this morning. Happily, the KC branch of the same produced the required info within a couple of minutes of arriving there. 10/10 Surin Immigration!

Glade to hear of your success. SI has seriously lightened up over the pass 6 month. :DYes you well get the old home visit on a marriage extension. Bangkok Bank in Kap Choeng knows what SI requires, to many of the other banks in the area have not a clue.:rolleyes:

I had coffee this morning with friends and met an Englishman who does his annual visa extension (retirement) using an agent in Pattaya.
He uses the Embassy letter confirming pension income method.
I am also going to be using this method for the first time at renewal time, in December. I already received the embassy letter and obtained it early working on the basis that it remains valid for 6 months.
The chap I was talking to this morning said his agent insists the letter is only valid for 3 months. If true, that gives me a problem and I will have to speedily request another one.
I am sure I read that the validity was for 6 months but cannot remember where. Can anyone confirm and point me at the source? Many thanks in advance.

Sorry JB, I cannot help. I stopped using the "bank letter" when they informed me that I had to get a new one every year (mine is dated 2002).

[Edit: the reason I was given by the IO was that it was a farang embassy requirement because there were many Thai wives who had not informed the embassy of the death of their husband and were still receiving the husband's pension (illegally).]

I had coffee this morning with friends and met an Englishman who does his annual visa extension (retirement) using an agent in Pattaya.
I am also going to be using this method for the first time at renewal time, in December. I already received the embassy letter and obtained it early working on the basis that it remains valid for 6 months.
The chap I was talking to this morning said his agent insists the letter is only valid for 3 months. If true, that gives me a problem and I will have to speedily request another one.
I am sure I read that the validity was for 6 months but cannot remember where. Can anyone confirm and point me at the source? Many thanks in advance.

Immigration says 6 months but you can find some that will only give you 30 days. Surin Immigration will give you 6 months. Your contacts agent is not playing with a full deck.

Categorically, 6 months, from personal experience.

Keep up CO-CO!!!!!!!! In Pattaya and your mind is not on this particular job!

John will be using an agent in Pattaya, who had indicated 3 months validity for the Enbassy letter.

I didn't read it like that but I could be wrong (an occurrence which is becoming increasingly more common recently). However, I would be very interested to learn what particular job CO-CO has his mind on if it's not the one in question?

I didn't read it like that but I could be wrong (an occurrence which is becoming increasingly more common recently). However, I would be very interested to learn what particular job CO-CO has his mind on if it's not the one in question?
I'll give you some info ,next time I see you

Keep up CO-CO!!!!!!!! In Pattaya and your mind is not on this particular job!

John will be using an agent in Pattaya, who had indicated 3 months validity for the Enbassy letter.

Keep up Nick. We are talking about John's extension and the embassy letter validity - nothing to do with Pattaya. That has no relevance to John's renewal at KCI. I think you must be obsessed with the place .

Keep up Nick. We are talking about John's extension and the embassy letter validity - nothing to do with Pattaya. That has no relevance to John's renewal at KCI. I think you must be obsessed with the place .
Post 243 says he's thinking of using an agent in Pattaya, hence the references to that place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post 243 says he's thinking of using an agent in Pattaya, hence the references to that place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No he is not!

Read the post again Dave.

John is "thinking of using the income method" - NOT an agent.

Perhaps it is time for me to intervene.
I have no intention of using an agent for my extension in Pattaya or anywhere else.
I had coffee and a chat with someone who does use an agent and he maintained the validity of embassy letters was 3 months. Members here have reassured me that at Surin Immigration it is 6 months.
Sorry if my initial post led to any confusion.... as it clearly has!

Back