KCI extension today.

What is painful is having to fill up the tank of the truck to return to Kabcheong on Friday given that it is probable that my pension has been hit by an 8% reduction this month.

Despite what was indicated earlier today in this thread, about KCI being open on Friday, I would be inclined to check tomorrow before venturing out on a joyride for nothing. It is after all a Bank Holiday.and as per my diary, a Government holiday too.

I accept that it is never certain but we did ask the SO this morning and he did confirm that they were open on Friday. Also GL's wife rang them yesterday and they confirmed the same. Ringing them again tomorrow (if they answer) I think would be fruitless and would not really be confirmation either way.

[Edit: When is CO-CO going?]

I accept that it is never certain but we did ask the SO this morning and he did confirm that they were open on Friday. Also GL's wife rang them yesterday and they confirmed the same. Ringing them again tomorrow (if they answer) I think would be fruitless and would not really be confirmation either way.

[Edit: When is CO-CO going?]

Been....

I visited KCI today to complete the annual extension (after 30 days under consideration) and also to obtain a multiple re-entry permit.

I met 2 of the guys who will be located in the new Buriram office. Seem like nice people and the one I saw about the extension spoke flawless English and went to great lengths to explain that normally a retirement wouldn't have to go 'under consideration' etc, etc. Very efficient and friendly. He did not ask for form STM1 (joke on the Buriram forum - this is the Farang Information form).

I spent a short time with the other guy on my re-entry permit and he spends most of his time joking around with all and sundry. Can't give you their names as the name plates didn't match the people!!

A third guy then processed the bulk of my re-entry application. At the end HE did produce a STM1 and said they were taking them from all Farangs. He went on to say that they believed the form would help in the event of an emergency etc....

I then scored HUGE brownie points by saying "I have already completed one online, is this acceptable to you" - a quick glance at my form was followed by an effusive barrage of "thank you, thank you, thank you".

The fourth person I saw (excluding the girl on the front desk) was the 'lady chief' who signed off the re-entry permit and tried to give me 200 Baht change....

I celebrated my final visit to KCI (thank goodness) by buying two bicycles.

Yorky - next year you can do it all in Surin and divert the previous fuel costs to, say,................. purchased several boxes of Archa.

Yorky - next year you can do it all in Surin and divert the previous fuel costs to, say,................. purchased several boxes of Archa.

Or I could buy two bicycles?

[Edit: However, it would be unlikely that I would make the main road on mine!]

I visited KCI today to complete the annual extension (after 30 days under consideration)....(con't)

Curious Co-Co...next year do exactly what in Surin ?

(Are they opening an IMM office in Surin ?)

Curious Co-Co...next year do exactly what in Surin ?

(Are they opening an IMM office in Surin ?)

Yes they are, didn't ask when. GL will know.

Buriram opens next month.

I was told that every province will have on.

Another plus for the coup IMO.

[QUOTE="Prakhonchai Nick, post: 181479, memberIt is after all a Bank Holiday.and as per my diary, a Government holiday too.[/QUOTE]
I spoke to a couple of government employees at tennis this evening.
They assured me they were working as normal on Friday and that the holiday is just for fat ******* greedy bankers. Not their exact words but I trust all but Coco will forgive my extrapolation.

[QUOTE="Prakhonchai Nick, post: 181479, memberIt is after all a Bank Holiday.and as per my diary, a Government holiday too.
I spoke to a couple of government employees at tennis this evening.
They assured me they were working as normal on Friday and that the holiday is just for fat ******* greedy bankers. Not their exact words but I trust all but Coco will forgive my extrapolation.[/QUOTE]

I forgive you entirely John.

It was those fat ******* greedy bankers (+ stockholders + currency speculators) that got the world into a financial mess in the first place.

Given that many of the Immigration Officers live in Surin I guess they will have pushed for the Surin Office to open. Save them commuting from Surin to KC every day.

Given that many of the Immigration Officers live in Surin I guess they will have pushed for the Surin Office to open. Save them commuting from Surin to KC every day.

I don't think 'they' had a choice.

I got the impression that this was a government (military) initiative to have an immigration office in every Changwat.

Maybe KC office is for the province of Surin.
GL has been quiet confirming your statement (which is unusual for him).

The Surin IO visits to Surin Town Hall didn't last long did they, a few years back.

I hear Amnat office are doing an identical operation for the soon to open Roi Et office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Surin IO visits to Surin Town Hall didn't last long did they, a few years back.

That was the alternating "workshops" in Buriram and Surin was it not? That was part of the time that the Kabcheong office was closed and a visit to Chock Chai/Khorat was required. They ceased that particular operation when KCI opened again.

Any expansion in Public Service, services such as a Immi office in every province will soon be reversed, when economic reality of such an activity will bite into budgets.
A good idea from some bureaucrat, will soon get axed after they get the bill. Not being negative, just a reality from someone that has observed this type of action time and time again.

Maybe KC office is for the province of Surin.
GL has been quiet confirming your statement (which is unusual for him).

The guy was quite specific. A new office opening in Surin city.

I did not ask what was happening with KCI but I imagine it will cease as an immigration office but perhaps continue with the suppression unit and other 'area' function. Once again, I would expect our man on the spot to have the inside track.

Back