Latest - Retirement Extension

We've got one of them Nick, 150,000 baht for the man cave. I give them about 6000 baht every year at the same time for the interest, this year I am going to pay it back then get it back again to build my second man cave. I may give my old one to the family.
That's the way to do it. I keep hankering for a new mancave out the back overlooking the paddy fields - great sunsets. Have to wait a while till the exchange rate picks up.

We've got one of them Nick, 150,000 baht for the man cave. I give them about 6000 baht every year at the same time for the interest, this year I am going to pay it back then get it back again to build my second man cave. I may give my old one to the family.

Then it will no longer be a "man cave" :D

150,000baht is way above what our villagers are given. Normal maximum is 20/30,000baht. Annual interest and repayments due in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
That is utter bollocks, I always draw money out prior to obtaining the letter and it always shows the current amount and the latest transaction which was only minutes before. The bank's system doesn't "allow" anything. The letter is hand prepared (on the computer) and the amount entered is taken from the updated passbook.

[This appears to be another example of "I don't know so I'll make something up"]

Yorky, regarding your post # 37 - what exactly is this thread about and what are your comments and remarks regarding assets-held letters for Immigration intended for ?

What are you now, a farkin' politician whose meaning can be construed with a change in the wind ?

Yorky, regarding your post # 37 - what exactly is this thread about and what are your comments and remarks regarding assets-held letters for Immigration intended for ?

Why are you concerning yourself with what the thread is about? There are very few threads on this forum that stay on-topic anyway.

Anyway, in my opinion the thread was about the service given by Thai employees of businesses, in the case of the OP, banks.

Have you seen the K-Y ?

It's been missing since the LFC match.

Yes, best we don't talk about that. :mask:

"Honey, what's for dinner ?"

(I can't locate the Bells either. Strange. :rolleyes: )

Did my 90 day report today, on the due date, and extended my permission to stay for a further year based on retirement. I had prepared a TM 7, my final Income Letter from the British Embassy, applications accepted until 12th December 2018, no more letters after the end of the year. I also had a bank statement for the past 12 months, a map showing where I live, copies of passport photo page and all previous extension stamps, and Yellow Tabien Baan. He also asked for my bank book (not kept up to date) which he duly copied. He also requested copies of my wife's ID and Blue Tabien Baan. I was given two more forms to complete, one concerning income and the other acknowledging that I could not work on a retirement extension. The office was full with all seats taken and 4 I.O.'s on duty, including the boss. Task completed in just under 1 hour.

I am now good to remain until 30 December 2019 . My wife did ask what will happen next year now that the embassies are stopping the Income Letters/Affidavits at the end of this year. He said he did not know as the matter had not yet been discussed. He was aware of the embassy position and said 800K in the bank would be acceptable. My wife retorted very quickly that there was no chance of that as we have a family of four to support, including two teenage girls. The I.O. felt sure the matter would be discussed before too long and new guidance provided in due course. Fortunately, it is not an immediate concern of mine as I am well aware others due to renew their extensions in a few months time will be the vanguard for what happens next. I can only hope that some common sense prevails and that Immigration find a way forward that is suitable for all.

Isn’t 400k applicable for you and yours?

Not for retirement..

Interesting that Nomad had to provide as much information as an applicant for a marriage extension would have to supply.

The wife should not be involved in the process at all for an extension based on retirement.

Last edited:
Mine is due next June when hopefully I can still use the Bht 800,000.00 in the bank which I have accumulated by not paying for health insurance. Unless I'm dead; and then I wouldn't need an extension of stay.

Every dark cloud has a silver lining.

Not for retirement..

Interesting that Nomad had to provide as much information as an applicant for a marriage extension would have to supply.

The wife should not be involved in the process at all for an extension based on retirement.

Having said that at my last 90 days I’d probably be in the clink if my ‘mrs’ hadn’t been there. Other scenario a cancelled visa

Back