Latest - Retirement Extension

Having said that at my last 90 days I’d probably be in the clink if my ‘mrs’ hadn’t been there. Other scenario a cancelled visa

If you will get involved in dodgy practices.......

That was my understanding a loooooong time ago
Definitely a lot more hassle. They want a book load of personal info over and above what I presented today. They want your original marriage certificate and photos of your wedding, of the happy couple together in front of their house, and in the bedroom too. Moreover, they do not give you an extension the same day only a stamp, valid for 30 days, saying that your application is under consideration. All the paperwork and then some more has to go to Bangkok for approval. You return after 30 days and, if still under consideration, get another under consideration stamp and told to return in yet another 30 days time. Definitely a lot more hassle.

I was thinking I could muster 400K for next year and change to an extension based on marriage. However, we do not have any photos of our wedding, none of the happy couple in the village, and none in front of our house as at 14 years ago. I think we may be hard pressed to find the photographic evidence they need to convince themselves we are indeed married. Forget that, bad idea, and I have seen happy couples jumping through hoops in Immigration too.

Not for retirement..

Interesting that Nomad had to provide as much information as an applicant for a marriage extension would have to supply.

The wife should not be involved in the process at all for an extension based on retirement.

Its always been the case at Surin Immigration, although the Bank Book was a new requirement today. Stroke of luck I had it with me. The map and Yellow House book is a relatively recent addition to the list, introduced 3 or 4 years ago when they started home visits. There was no suggestion today that we would be receiving a home visit.

Definitely a lot more hassle. They want a book load of personal info over and above what I presented today. They want your original marriage certificate and photos of your wedding, of the happy couple together in front of their house, and in the bedroom too. Moreover, they do not give you an extension the same day only a stamp, valid for 30 days, saying that your application is under consideration. All the paperwork and then some more has to go to Bangkok for approval. You return after 30 days and, if still under consideration, get another under consideration stamp and told to return in yet another 30 days time. Definitely a lot more hassle.

I was thinking I could muster 400K for next year and change to an extension based on marriage. However, we do not have any photos of our wedding, none of the happy couple in the village, and none in front of our house as at 14 years ago. I think we may be hard pressed to find the photographic evidence they need to convince themselves we are indeed married. Forget that, bad idea, and I have seen happy couples jumping through hoops in Immigration too.
When we did our "Extension-Marriage" a few months ago, our first, we didn't need any old pictures but instead the IO took pictures during the home visit.

I always include a copy of the bank book (at least one year's entries) in which is deposited the required sum. I always take the book itself also. I took a map three years ago when I learnt (from SurinFarang) that it would be required. I have taken another copy since but it has not been requested. I have not been asked for my yellow tabien baan. The photographs of your marriage (14 years ago) I don't think are relevant. Your marriage certificate will suffice to prove that you are married. The photographs of the "happy couple" I believe are to verify that you are still living a life of marital bliss (in your love nest) and therefore need to be current images.

However, I could be completely wrong as I am relying purely on hearsay from others.

So it's a piece of paper that certifies that you are married?

Seems to be....... as a smart person from Yorkshire, you will understand that that is different to a marriage certificate (which also certifies that you are married).

Seems to be....... as a smart person from Yorkshire, you will understand that that is different to a marriage certificate (which also certifies that you are married).

This is the very issue I took up with immigration at Immigration 1. I made the (Logical) 5555 Forkin 5 step too far. If a Kor Ror 2 proves you are still married, Why the need for the original flowery Kor Ror 3.

I can tell you once and for all!!! Both are needed it is written in the policy document for the immigration act of 1979. I would not take their word for it, they had to show it to me in black and white.
Well they bloody did! They were not impressed I can tell you. The policy document is not for public view it is a secret and they keep it that way for a reason.

Silly question. From where do you obtain a Kor Ror 2? The original town hall/Amphoe in which you registered your marriage or the Amphoe in which you now live, say Surin?

P.S. And if you are wondering why I am posting at 0400 it is because its another early departure from school this morning. Youngest daughter is off to Roi Et on a school trip departing 06.00.

I can tell you once and for all!!! Both are needed it is written in the policy document for the immigration act of 1979.

So the "statute" has been the requirement since 1979. How many years ago did Immigration begin requesting a copy?

Is not a KR2 a marriage certificate?

No. Marriage certificate is Kor Roa 3 in short its called KR3. KR2 is conformation that you're still married and can be obtained at any amphora in Thailand regardless of where you were married cost is 20 baht. KR22 is for those that were married overseas then had their marriage registered in Thailand. KR2&KR22 are a must when dealing with Thai immigration and a new on is needed each year.

Back