Latest - Retirement Extension

Silly question. From where do you obtain a Kor Ror 2? The original town hall/Amphoe in which you registered your marriage or the Amphoe in which you now live, say Surin?

P.S. And if you are wondering why I am posting at 0400 it is because its another early departure from school this morning. Youngest daughter is off to Roi Et on a school trip departing 06.00.

Any amphora nationwide.I was married in Chiang Mai but obtained my KR2 at Kap Choeng. 20 baht.

Side note. One positive thing Thailand has going is the connection of all amphoras nationwide through their data bank. The foreign KR22 can and does get lost usually by bad book keeping at the home amphur of marriage at which time if your 1000km away you will need to return to that apmhur to obtain your KR22 each and every year..This is just one of many reasons I counsel for NOT getting married in your home country but getting married in Thailand.

So the "statute" has been the requirement since 1979. How many years ago did Immigration begin requesting a copy?

Read my post nice and slow. It is not a statute ! It is a "policy" In the 1979 statute they refer to this policy document many times. It is a living document that changes at the whim of government.
Clever buggers writing the law like that! You can read the law but you cannot read the policy. It is kept secret. I believe there is not too many farangs that have ever seen it. For a start "You must read Thai". Oh one other thing. You have to make a c**t of your self. :( I was so sure it was bull shit. Well it wasn't ! Didn't I come away with egg on my face. Fancy taking a logical argument to the extreme in all places. But Thailand ! :confused:

On a small side note I remember some smart arse telling me not to do this and a Kor Ror 3 and 2 were definitely needed. Now who was that smart arse that told me "I told you so" While I was standing there with all that egg on my face heh ! @gotlost ? o_Oo_O :D:D

Now run that past me slowly please. To obtain an extension to stay based on marriage you will need the original marriage certificate, a Kor Ror 3, and confirmation you are still married, a Kor Ror 2, which can be obtained from any Amphur. If you married abroad you will need a Kor Ror 22 instead of a Kor Ror 2. However, you will need to return to the Amphur that issued the original Kor Ror 3 (marriage certificate) to obtain this. A new Kor Ror 2 or 22 is needed each year you extend your permission to stay. Thanks to Rice, and his embarrassing endeavours to find the truth, we know this is a secret policy document to the 1979 Statute. All perfectly clear!

However, you will need to return to the Amphur that issued the original Kor Ror 3 (marriage certificate) to obtain this

NO. You MAY have to return for a KR22. Check first at your local amphur. You MAY get lucky.:rolleyes:

When we did our "Extension-Marriage" a few months ago, our first, we didn't need any old pictures but instead the IO took pictures during the home visit.

marrio may of got lucky but to my knowledge Surin Immigration as all immigration offices in Thailand require photos from YOU of the two of you about the house and one of these has to be with your address. Check with SI for THEIR requirements. Also SI has a packet of forums you can pickup and take home to fill out. Some are in english and others in Thai. A trip to SI before hand would be a wise journey.

marrio may of got lucky but to my knowledge Surin Immigration as all immigration offices in Thailand require photos from YOU of the two of you about the house and one of these has to be with your address. Check with SI for THEIR requirements. Also SI has a packet of forums you can pickup and take home to fill out. Some are in english and others in Thai. A trip to SI before hand would be a wise journey.
Just to clarify, my post was specifically referring to Nomad's idea of needing old pictures of wedding, etc. We did supply Surin Imm with current pictures of our address, us in the living room and bedroom, etc., but the IO also took pictures during the home visit as well.

Just to clarify, my post was specifically referring to Nomad's idea of needing old pictures of wedding, etc. We did supply Surin Imm with current pictures of our address, us in the living room and bedroom, etc., but the IO also took pictures during the home visit as well.

Three years ago when it was required that a home visit be conducted for even a retirement extension, the IO took photographs at our house. He had to stand well back to get both the Puyai Baan and myself in shot. I suggested that I sit down but he did not want that. Our Puyai Baan is only about 4 foot short.

Three years ago when it was required that a home visit be conducted for even a retirement extension, the IO took photographs at our house. He had to stand well back to get both the Puyai Baan and myself in shot. I suggested that I sit down but he did not want that. Our Puyai Baan is only about 4 foot short.
I have never seen/met your Puyai Baan and he/she is supposed to be my Puyai Baan too. And he/she did not feature in the photos that Immigration took during the home visit either.

Beware pooyai baans. A female being one of 4 pooyai baans in my village (one for each soi) who had been in the job for 10 years, was clearly feathering her nest during that time. Having engaged in the loan business and gained a good reputation, she allegedly started borrowing from her previous clients,, and suddenly fled the scene, leaving husband and kids behind. From an initial report of 2 million baht having gone missing this grew over few days when neighbouring villages and PKC itself reported. Final figure amassed was 30 million baht.

Seems the plod have found her, and it made the Thai news. As usual, never any follow up.

Beware pooyai baans. A female being one of 4 pooyai baans in my village (one for each soi) who had been in the job for 10 years, was clearly feathering her nest during that time. Having engaged in the loan business and gained a good reputation, she allegedly started borrowing from her previous clients,, and suddenly fled the scene, leaving husband and kids behind. From an initial report of 2 million baht having gone missing this grew over few days when neighbouring villages and PKC itself reported. Final figure amassed was 30 million baht.

Seems the plod have found her, and it made the Thai news. As usual, never any follow up.

+1

Back