New DIY Super Stores

Atb. I thought the land opposite IQ where the Market is every week is for sale????

It was reported to me that this land is going to be developed by Home Pro or Home Mart sometime in the next 12 months. The story about the Robinson's development concerns another plot of land, the land owned, or previously owned, by IQ that is adjacent to IQ Modern Trade, going south along the ring road, and currently conducts IQ's cement business. IQ is transferring their cement business to a new plot that is also on the ring road going north, past the ThepThani estate and over the railway line on the left-hand side. I was told that IQ had already sold off their land (cement factory) adjacent to IQ but that maybe rumour and not fact.

There's also a 10 rai plot on the Index furniture junction that shoots down to IQ or upto Sisaket. Its all roadside at 3 mill per rai. Definately a prime spot for a large commercial park or a Mall etc.

Just came from IQ - She they said , they no nothing about the market land opposite she said its nothing to do with IQ,s land - so they say !

Yea I know but I think someone said IQ have sold some land near IQ to build a Ribinsons on .
So I was just trying to find out if this plaza is coming it would be nice .

Global house -- yesterday's visit .
We needed some 8 inch PVC pipe for Colin's and woods new build .
We looked at IQ / home pro / home mart / Watsado / No Have .
So went to Global house they had what my Forman needed . While I was waiting for them I took a few picks . The service was good and the choice of everything is 1000 times better than any other building and home store Surin or buriram .
Anyone building a house now is spoilt for choice - big time !
From tiles to toilets baths tv,s you name it good prices to . ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688325.372772.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688346.202690.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688360.872343.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688378.332888.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688392.972515.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688408.049307.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688423.871806.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688438.473126.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688456.002281.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688477.034033.jpg

PImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688546.080889.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688568.488294.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688587.307328.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350688610.701375.jpg
I had to take picks on the sneaky so not the best . Eye candy was not as great as the products on show ;) still can't have everything !

There's also a 10 rai plot on the Index furniture junction that shoots down to IQ or upto Sisaket. Its all roadside at 3 mill per rai. Definately a prime spot for a large commercial park or a Mall etc.

Good place for a swimmimg pool or duckpond ! 555

Yea I know but I think someone said IQ have sold some land near IQ to build a Ribinsons on .
So I was just trying to find out if this plaza is coming it would be nice .

AtB, I have just heard from a very informative source that Robinson's / Centrum have very recently purchased 40 rai of prime real estate at 7 million Baht per rai (280 million total). The location is on the ring road and close to the traffic lights on the 226 (Sikhoraphum Road), opposite the Viriyah Insurance car repair yard, also opposite Kokpalat Village. Looks like we bought at the right time, and the right place, because land prices around here will be shooting up with the new development. Do not have any details as to when they intend to start land-fill and building but I would guess that it will be quite soon. A popular rumour is that this is all to do with the formation of the ASEAN Free Trade Area due to start in 2558, just over two years away, and Surin could see many such developments over the next couple of years.

AtB, I have just heard from a very informative source that Robinson's / Centrum have very recently purchased 40 rai of prime real estate at 7 million Baht per rai (280 million total). The location is on the ring road and close to the traffic lights on the 226 (Sikhoraphum Road), opposite the Viriyah Insurance car repair yard, also opposite Kokpalat Village. Looks like we bought at the right time, and the right place, because land prices around here will be shooting up with the new development. Do not have any details as to when they intend to start land-fill and building but I would guess that it will be quite soon. A popular rumour is that this is all to do with the formation of the ASEAN Free Trade Area due to start in 2558, just over two years away, and Surin could see many such developments over the next couple of years.

Newsflash!

I have just heard from the sausage salesman, a very reliable source of information, that Robinson's have established their base camp on the land opposite Shinton Village. Apparently, the first 20 or so workers have arrived to start the planned development. AtB thought the site over the railway bridge may be the location for the new development. No, this is not the case. I think that area is for new housing. Robinson's / Centrum should be behind the filling station on the 226 road to Sihkoraphum adjoining the ring road.

Another newsflash!

Re proposed site for Robinson's: I have just spotted the first large JCB on site this morning. Seems they are already making an access road to get into the area. Also, the workers encampment seems to be expanding rapidly. Shouldn't be too long before we see some real progress if the rumours are correct.

Some awful big footings are starting to be dug on site...I reckon it really is happening. Drove by 30 minutes ago..gunna be big!
I wonder if they want any real good hot water heat pump systems:tongue:

Global house -- yesterday's visit .
We needed some 8 inch PVC pipe for Colin's and woods new build .
We looked at IQ / home pro / home mart / Watsado / No Have .
So went to Global house they had what my Forman needed . While I was waiting for them I took a few picks . The service was good and the choice of everything is 1000 times better than any other building and home store Surin or buriram .
Anyone building a house now is spoilt for choice - big time !
From tiles to toilets baths tv,s you name it good prices to .

Thanks ATB,
Will have to get over there to Global and walk through store. A friend told me he found many things there that he couldn't get elsewhere.

Last edited:
Is this the new Home Pro Construction Site? Work started a week or so ago and is now picking up pace. Situated on the northern side of the 226, along the dual carriage way between Mistine and Surin Furniture. Now getting busy and the road is congested with big trucks offloading gear.

View attachment 7413View attachment 7414

Here are the latest pics of "R-Square". These will be 40 something shop units nestled between Starbucks Coffee and Tops Supermarket. The Top Tees shop will be next door to Starbucks Coffee and near the front on the left-hand side as you look at the site. Robinson should complete this phase of construction within the next 2 to 3 weeks. Thereafter, it is will be down to the shop tenants to complete their shops and fit out the ceilings, walls and lighting prior to installing the fitted furniture for the shops. Everything is on target for the Grand Opening on 20th December.

View attachment 7698View attachment 7699

For your information, Robinson have incorporated a new feature in their Surin Lifestyle Center. Previous Robinson Centers have leased shops to local business ventures within the main building. For Surin, they are leasing shops to local business people in a market type environment outside the main building and nestled between Starbucks on the one side and Tops Supermarket on the other. I think this will be a very attractive feature and I hope everyone visiting Robinson will feel the same.

The artist impression for this feature, called "R Square", is shown below:

View attachment 7750

Back