O Visa - Marriage

I haven't got any premium bonds at all. Isn't that also "tying money up"?

However, a question. If I did have £10,000.00 worth of premium bonds and I died (which no doubt I will), how easy would it be for my wife to cash them in?

1.No. Totally flexible..

2. Not difficult - and most likely easier than getting anything out of Jersey.

WISE is a UK bank account

I still don't understand why owning £10,000.00 of premium bonds is a better investment than keeping ฿400,000.00 in a bank in Thailand. The interest rate here is between 0.25% and 0.60% whereas the interest rate on premium bonds appears to be bugger all. And I can lose money if the Sterling depreciates against the Baht (unless the exchange reaches 50 before Christmas).

I still don't understand why owning £10,000.00 of premium bonds is a better investment than keeping ฿400,000.00 in a bank in Thailand. The interest rate here is between 025% and 0.60% whereas the interest rate on premium bonds appears to be bugger all. And I can lose money if the Sterling depreciates against the Baht (unless the exchange reaches 50 before Christmas).

My winnings last year were in excess of 1.25%

ERNIE = Luck

Plus, I would rather have my money guaranteed by the UK government vs the Thai Bank Guarantee Scheme.

ERNIE = Luck

Plus, I would rather have my money guaranteed by the UK government vs the Thai Bank Guarantee Scheme.

Overall, the difference in yearly income is around ฿2,500.00 (maybe) which for me, is not worth the hassle of applying for and obtaining an extension of stay based upon marriage.

However, if anyone has any better ideas of how to invest ฿400,000.00?

Overall, the difference in yearly income is around ฿2,500.00 (maybe) which for me, is not worth the hassle of applying for and obtaining an extension of stay based upon marriage.

However, if anyone has any better ideas of how to invest ฿400,000.00?

That was a good idea

I have my Premium Bonds and I do retirement extensions.

We attended the Amphur in 2020 as part of the application for my O Visa - Retirement (a story in itself...) and had them certify (stamp) a translated copy of our Australian marriage certificate.

I know rules and regulations and the whims of the Immigration Officers change more often than I change my denims; but why did you need to attend the Amphur as part of a retirement visa application?

We attended the Amphur in 2020 as part of the application for my O Visa - Retirement (a story in itself...) and had them certify (stamp) a translated copy of our Australian marriage certificate.

I believe a forum member who is on an extension based on marriage can provide you with the name of the required document to prove your marriage status in Thailand.

I did not mention this before. I had big problems with the Bitch in Surin. with my OA ext. I ended up using a agent.
Which I will do for future extensions.
My 90 day reports will be done online.
I am too bloody old and sick to be playing her stupid games.
Last year I had problems with a bitch at Kap Cheong.

I have not got many years left to be putting up with crap from female IMO's.
Knowing what I know now I would not have come o Thailand.
There are other countries that are far more retiree friendly.
All these new visa's that Thailand is offering now are a bunch of crap.
They seem to be in cuckoo land all the time.

Years ago NZ started to employ women in the men's Correction Prisons.
They where nothing but big trouble.
Put a woman in uniform and in a position of authority and they lose the plot.
I'm with you on the women in Prisons, DC. They all end up f**king the crims or being treated with kids gloves and given the best jobs or going out on stress.

I know rules and regulations and the whims of the Immigration Officers change more often than I change my denims; but why did you need to attend the Amphur as part of a retirement visa application?

To register his marriage

I think your problem may be because you are using an Aussie marriage, not a Thai marriage, I may be wrong though.

Doesn't make a difference as long as it is registered at the amphur and he get the required documents from them to tick Immigration's boxes.

Back