O Visa - Marriage

unless he just went for a day out to visit the amphur
Just the thought of this brings back painful memories. Sikhoraphum Amphur is the epitome of Thai Bureaucratic ineptitude, which is as we know, is a big statement.
BTW, it was visits - not a straightforward single attendance.

I stand by my earlier statement "We attended the Amphur in 2020 as part of the application for my O Visa - Retirement" was probably wrongly worded then.
We attended the Amphur to gain the TM22 required as part of the process in obtaining my O visa - retirement. Nothing wrong with the wording to me...

As a final post from me on this topic, after some serious discussion with SWMBO, I will be applying for an Extension of Stay based on Retirement when the current extension ends in mid-December. Come December 2023 and I'll look to gain an extension based on Marriage. There is a backstory to this that doesn't warrant taking up anyone's time on the forum. We've got other priorities at the present time.
Many thanks to all who offered their advice and observations - very much appreciated.

Just the thought of this brings back painful memories. Sikhoraphum Amphur is the epitome of Thai Bureaucratic ineptitude, which is as we know, is a big statement.

I stand by my earlier statement "We attended the Amphur in 2020 as part of the application for my O Visa - Retirement" was probably wrongly worded then.
We attended the Amphur to gain the TM22 required as part of the process in obtaining my O visa - retirement. Nothing wrong with the wording to me...

This certainly appears like something Thai Immigration would handle.

Did you receive the "Kor Ror" document of your Australian marriage ?

Edit: I wrote prior to reading your post above. Apology.
Apparently you've come to your decision. Good luck with this in the future.

This is the first time I have heard of a TM22 (Non-Quota Immigrant Visa application), never having had one, nor needed one, myself. You may download one from the net and get one from the local Immigration Office. However, I was unaware that the Amphur supplied Immigration documents - but now I know.

Last edited:
This is the first time I have heard of a TM22 (Non-Quota Immigrant Visa application), never having had one, nor needed one, myself. You may download one from the net and get one from the local Immigration Office. However, I was unaware that the Amphur supplied Immigration documents - but now I know.

I've done a little research into the TM22 (Non-Quota Immigrant Visa application) and apparently that visa is only issued to those who have permanent residency in Thailand. Why @Peciacake should need (or want) one I don't know. Perhaps @Prakhonchai Nick could throw some light on this?

OH MY GOD. !! You did not mention that before. Your Amphur is Sikhoraphum. !!!! Welcome to my hell !!!

I've done a little research into the TM22 (Non-Quota Immigrant Visa application) and apparently that visa is only issued to those who have permanent residency in Thailand. Why @Peciacake should need (or want) one I don't know. Perhaps @Prakhonchai Nick could throw some light on this?
Unable to shed any light.. I have Permanent Residency which I have now had for 32 years and as such do not have nor require a visa of any sort.

I am sure that you will have concluded that such TM22 visa has no relevance to Peciacake and his extension based on marriage. Certainly a TM22 has nothing to do with local amphurs.

This sounds more like the separate book that Nick has to keep for his equivalent of a reentry permit...costs him 1,900 Baht a time, as opposed to 1,000 Bahr for us mere aliens.

NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA
Non-quota immigrant visas are issued to foreign residents of Thailand who wish to travel abroad, similar to re-entry permits. This type of visa is stamped in the passport and must be used together with residence documents and endorsed each time the holder enters or leaves the kingdom. The fee for this type of visa is 1,900 baht for one entry and 3,800 Baht for multiple entries within a specified period of time.

I have just downloaded the TM22. Application for a Non-Quota Immigrant Visa. It would appear to be the form I used to complete when wishing to leave Thailand for a visit to another country and permitting me to re-enter. Why, as a Permanent Resident it is referred to as a visa I do not know.

However over the past 4 years, whenever I have required the equivalent of a "re-entry permit" I have not had to complete the TM22 form. All has been done by the IO on the computer screen.

Most certainly said form would not have been held by nor distributed by an amphur.

Back