Pizza Restaurant New Opening 50% Discount

Very Dissapointed

The wife and I traveled over from Buriram today set on having lunch in Tam Tam.
We were the only costomers at around 1.30pm. As others have stated the place was spotlesly clean, both upstairs and down. And it was a relief to find that the toilet, albeit
a shared sex one was not used by the owners as a shower room/ bathroom.
Spotlesly clean yes, but no indication in the decor that you were in an Italian Restaurant. Had you been taken in blindfolded you wouldn't have a clue where you were.
My main gripe though was with the food. we both ordered pasta dishes, both different.
My wifes came first, and both our jaws dropped when we saw the portion size, a three year old would eat more, it would easily have fitted on a saucer!! I had ordered Penne with a olive and anchovy sauce, the portion size was the same, tiny!! and I only found one slice of olive in it, and not a sign of an Anchovy.
Others have said how good the pizza's are. Well I wont be going back to find out, and will stick to my local Italian Restaurant in Buriram, where I often need a doggy bag to take home what I cannot manage.

Not everyone has the balls to post a negative review.

In the interests of getting a sense of balance, thanks Mahdam.

I am guessing that your Buriram comparison is with Roma ?

Not everyone has the balls to post a negative review.

In the interests of getting a sense of balance, thanks Mahdam.

I am guessing that your Buriram comparison is with Roma ?

It is indeed.
I speak as I find, and don't suscribe to the "Kings New Clothes syndrome"

ItalianPizza differ all over Italy , pizza family's use different flours and sauces . Tam Tam is a real pizza ,not a bastadisation of a pizza like french American Australian UK .
I prefare my pasta UK style tons of sauce and garlic bread to dip ,not all pasta and little sauce like the Italians eat !
I guess that's why some people like some don't

Alan,

I agree, and as I've said before there are many different styles and tastes. Same with pasta dishes. Sauces as well. I do not like sweet pizza sauces, nor do I like a lot of sauce on my pizza. I like it minimal, same with cheese. I do not like tons of cheese on my pizza. It's all personal preference. Even the doughs are different, not all use the same dough ingredients. My sauce contains red wine, many don't and use sugar instead. Some use a variety of spices in their sauce, some only use a couple for flavor. Only the chain pizza shops, the Mickey D formula pizza shops, all taste the same at each outlet.

In Boston we have many family owned pizza shops. They are all at least slightly different in how and what they do with their pizzas, dough and sauce, etc. Usually it depends on where the family is from in Italy as to how they do their pies in their restaurants in Boston. We like that variety. Depends on what you want, where you are, and if you want a pizza or not. :) Some of the Mom and Pop pizza parlors are excellent. I had a pizza in a small Mom and Pop joint in San Jose California once that was f**king fantastic. Had to rave to them about how much I enjoyed their pie.

The best places take their customers desires into consideration. Tell them what you want. Extra sauce? Light sauce? Extra cheese? Light cheese? Thin crust well done? Thick crust? Some places have their formula how they want it, and sell only that style. Others are flexible and are only too happy to give you what you want the way you like it. Just ask.

I have my favorite pizza parlors in Boston that I head to when in their area. Other times when it was just a quick family meal in we'd order in from the best (our 'best' - not the best) in the neighborhood. Quick and easy delivery, and around the neighborhood all the pizza joints were family run. Competition is a good thing, as it gives variety and choice for the consumer (as long as it isn't just all the chain style parlors that all are clones and taste the same). The good thing where I was is there were plenty of family owned pizza parlors.

Pizza in France was different where I was when I was there. Almost like a f**king cracker the crust was it was so thin. But it tasted fine and I wanted a pizza. :)

Mike

I have spent three years of my life in Sardinia, a part of Italy as you are well aware. I am, or should I say was, very familiar with pizza and Italian restuarants as I used to entertain and eat out a lot. With regards to pasta dishes, I always found the plates were large and heaped with pasta. However, the sauce on top of the pasta was usually very sparse and often no more than a dab of butter. Given that the pasta dish comes before the meat/fish dish, the pasta dish is intended to add the padding or the filling to the meal, very much like we eat potatoes and bread in the UK. The main dish, the meat or fish, is just that and contains very little in the way of trimmings. I am surprised, therefore, or would be, if I was served a very small portion of pasta in an Italian restaurant.

I have spent three years of my life in Sardinia, a part of Italy as you are well aware. I am, or should I say was, very familiar with pizza and Italian restuarants as I used to entertain and eat out a lot. With regards to pasta dishes, I always found the plates were large and heaped with pasta. However, the sauce on top of the pasta was usually very sparse and often no more than a dab of butter. Given that the pasta dish comes before the meat/fish dish, the pasta dish is intended to add the padding or the filling to the meal, very much like we eat potatoes and bread in the UK. The main dish, the meat or fish, is just that and contains very little in the way of trimmings. I am surprised, therefore, or would be, if I was served a very small portion of pasta in an Italian restaurant.

"With regards to pasta dishes, I always found the plates were large and heaped with pasta. However, the sauce on top of the pasta was usually very sparse and often no more than a dab of butter."

Same here. I've always found it hard to finish my pasta in most Italian restaurants there's so much. And then they bring out more food, and a salad after as well.

Some of the best Italian food I've had was over at my best friend Savino's house next door to us. The family had come to the US from Italy when he was a baby. They came from the heel of the boot and from the seaside there. Poor immigrants to start, worked their way up and bought the house next to us, and they made everything from scratch. Best damn pastas and foods anywhere, and it was supposedly 'peasant' food. The mother and daughters (3) made all their own pastas, sauces, etc. All morning Saturdays, into the evenings. Then on Sundays there was an Italian feast that lasted for hours. I loved getting the invite to have Sunday dinner with them when I was a young teen. It was my introduction to real Italian cooking and cuisine. I had a lot of Italian friends in work too and was always being invited by their wives (also Italian) to eat dinner. Fantastic home cooked Italian. One friend's father made his own wines for many years, and his own Anisette and other liqueurs. Best damn Chianti I've ever had. He had built his own wine press in the basement, and had hundreds of bottles aging down there from all the years he had been making his own wine.

Same with a Jewish friend of mine back then. His mother loved me and was always inviting me over for their holiday feasts, or making us breakfast when I slept over his house. Amazing foods I would never have been exposed to or eaten otherwise. I loved her matzo crackers in milk with honey omelets! Wonderful.

Mike

I've had the spaghetti there before. I thought the portion size was medium. Not much meat in the sauce but the flavor was good.

Attachments

• 2014-12-13 13.01.11.jpg
    2014-12-13 13.01.11.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 2014-12-13 13.00.33.jpg
    2014-12-13 13.00.33.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 5
I always find that the advantage of my pizzas, albeit they would not necessarily satisfy the scrutiny of the pizza police, is that they are exactly to my liking with the correct quantity of tomato base, cheese and toppings and large enough to satisfy my appetite. Same goes for my pasta actually.

I've had the spaghetti there before. I thought the portion size was medium. Not much meat in the sauce but the flavor was good.

Sorry no pic's to substanciate it, but the wifes Spaghetti portion was only about 50% of what you show, and my Penne was in a single layer on the bottom of the plate. Must have gone on a bad day.
Your Pizza looks good though, wish I had ordered one myself.

Sorry no pic's to substanciate it, but the wifes Spaghetti portion was only about 50% of what you show, and my Penne was in a single layer on the bottom of the plate. Must have gone on a bad day.

In that case, we must also have gone on a bad day. Tiny portion of spaghetti bolognaise and an underfed pizza. Not good enough for the prices.

I always find that the advantage of my pizzas, albeit they would not necessarily satisfy the scrutiny of the pizza police, is that they are exactly to my liking with the correct quantity of tomato base, cheese and toppings and large enough to satisfy my appetite. Same goes for my pasta actually.

Sometimes it is nice to eat out.

This evening's pizza. Tomato base fully inspected and confirmed authentic by the pizza police; precisely the correct quantity of pepperoni, mushrooms and mozzarella. And just the right amount of chili. Perfect for me.

pizza february.jpg

I've been there on at least 4 occasions. The place is spotlessly clean and the service is ok...all those that have had bad experience(s)...you're not far off the mark, but I'll keep going I suppose..because it's clean!

what were you thinking

Just had a pizza at the new restaurant, very good pizza's and around 50 pizza's to choose from. The decor is great, up market with quiet air con, comfortable chairs and good size tables. I think they will do well and I wish to say thank you to the owners and their team for opening in surin. I wish them the best for the future.

I called in at lunchtime. Ordered a pizza to eat in and one to take home for step-daughter. Also a large Leo at 80 baht.

Liked the decor...no expense has been spared there. Being the opening day, the waitresses were flummoxed by having to communicate with farangs with extremely limited Thai language skills. All was resolved with a few smiles and they will become accustomed to dealing with us uni-linguals in due course.

The important part though is that the pizza was excellent. I look forward to returning to try more items from what is an extensive menu. I saw some awesome looking antipasti being served to another table.

If I have a gripe, and I hope the management will take this as a tiny criticism in what is an overwhelmingly positive review, it is that it is the first time in my 15 year relationship with Thailand that I have been charged for ice on my bill (10 baht). In view of the great food, the top-notch decor and ambiance etc. this really does seem an unnecessary irritation to the clientele.

Nonetheless, I will be back soon. Tam Tam is a great addition to Surin's dining repertoire.

Very good pizza, nice place, good seating and very comfortable chairs. I had a spicy salami pizza that was excellent. The staff was trying, but it was a chaotic day. I saw at least 20 to 30 pizzas go out the door for take away. Likely more went out after I left around 5:30 or so with Joe to head to the Beach Bar.

Tam Tam will do well if they can get in cahoots with the Petchkasem Hotel staff to promote themselves there and deliver food and pizza there.

There were some confusion on the check bins of ours and I heard those farangs upstairs as well. Seemed to be too much staff and all a bit overwhelmed and confused. It will sort out in time I expect.

I will be back to try the many pasta dishes, salads, and such on offer.

Good food.

Mike

Excellant Pizza! Very nice restaurant. A few photos.

His pizza presentations are currently thin crust style which was fine. The outer crust was perfect. His salted-meat ingredients (hams, salamis) were delicious.

From my perspective it appears that the Tam Tam restaurant may become very successful as well as rewarding for thin-crust pizza lovers. Buon gusto !

Had a nice eve , pizza was good and VERY professionally made .
Mike and Paul my two sons both gave it 9 out of 10 ,I gave it 8 it was good if anything needed a little more cheese and sauce , but it was very very good .
The service was a little haphazard but that's what opening days are all about .
Very reasonable prices .
My wife had the pork chop twas a bit of a joke really BUT I put that down to opening night (I hope) , she said dry no veg or sauce ,when she asked is there any sauce they gave her a bottle mayonnaise or ketchup .
I will defo go back again for sure to try other things and I will pass on my positive input were needed .
Here are a few pictures , great place .

Sorry mahdam , as much as I love your avatar - after reading all the favourable pizza reviews I have to ask myself as to WHY one would go to Tam Tam and not order the pizza...Cry3.
{Caveat: Surin doesn't have a Roma Agreed1}

I do understand that spending time in the a clean loo may appeal to some of the other members. 10of10Score

I'm sure many of you remember when Petteri has his pizza restaurant on the Buriram Road. Excellent pizzas and as far as I know, very popular (at least amongst the farangs). Unfortunately Petteri got bored with it (correct me if I'm wrong, Petteri) and handed it over to others who very quickly reduced the size of the pizza and quantity of toppings.

You may guess what happened.

20160920_180737.jpg
The name of the restaurant is Tam Tam Italian Pizza and Restaurant. It's spotlessly clean and air conditioned.

When one reads the menu in English one can choose from 50 different choices of pizza. (Proscuitto and pepper salami topping pictured above.) The key word is pizza. (Now use your imagination.) :yum:
Although this is Surin , not Italia - Adiamo a mangiare!

Back