UK PENSION SERVICE LIFE CERTIFICATES

Then I hope your email reached them. DWP email addresses are changing.

I sent Terry's life cert to TVP.INTERNATIONALQUERIES@dwp.gov.uk yesterday and got this automated response:-

"Thank you for your email.

DWP email addresses are changing and @dwp.gsi.gov.uk email addresses will soon cease to exist.

All future emails should be addressed @dwp.gov.uk. Please update any records you have.

If your email was sent to a valid email address, it has been redirected, so you do not need to send it again.

For further information refer to : https://www.gov.uk/government/news/goodbye-gsi-dwp-email-addresses-are-changing"

As did I this morning.

I shall also post it next week if permitted.

Might not have got through then.

Care if you ask at PKC post office about post to UK....Jip phoned "boss of postman" today and was told that post to UK is 'normal'.....it obviously isn't.

I will see what answer we get in Nang Rong post office this morning.

Will Nang Rong PO be open today? It is a 4 day belated Songkran holiday

As predicted the post office in Nang Rong was open and they day "yes" to airmail.

We now have Surin post office who say no post to UK (dodgy third party report) and Prakhonchai and Nang Rong post offices who say that airmail is now operational.

As predicted the post office in Nang Rong was open and they day "yes" to airmail.

We now have Surin post office who say no post to UK (dodgy third party report) and Prakhonchai and Nang Rong post offices who say that airmail is now operational.

I heard conflicting stories yesterday. Some say "yes" some say "no". I'll get a first hand report for Surin P.O. via my wife next week.

Another report from 2 people at Bamboozled Restaurant yesterday morning, said Surin Post Office was accepting post for airmail. However, one person was told, expect 4 weeks or so for delivery. Air Mail is now 4 weeks - WTF?

Another report from 2 people at Bamboozled Restaurant yesterday morning, said Surin Post Office was accepting post for airmail. However, one person was told, expect 4 weeks or so for delivery. Air Mail is now 4 weeks - WTF?

At least it is being accepted... airmail wasn't before.

There is a Pandemic..4 weeks us acceptable, although my money is on it being quicker.

At least it is being accepted... airmail wasn't before.

There is a Pandemic..4 weeks us acceptable, although my money is on it being quicker.
Doubt with standard airmail you will know how long it takes. Unless the recipien bothers to tell you. Even with registered mail advice stops once it arrives at Suvarnabhumi. Whilst EMS will likely cost 900baht up!

Mine went to the last address shown abve, and I have had no reply.

I have used this address on several occasions this year, in connection with the widows we assist at Thai Widows & Expats, and no problems have arisen.

If post offices are now accepting air mail letters to the UK, it may be wise to send the certificate back by post to be sure.

A reply from International Pension Service

TVP.INTERNATIONALQUERIES@dwp.gov.uk 14.52 7th September 2020

Dear Mr Nick

Thank you for your email to Newcastle Pension Centre (International Group) dated 28 August 2020.

Due to lockdown restrictions because of COVID-19, we understand the forms are very difficult to have witnessed and returned.

We can clear this Life Certificate over the telephone for you, subject to you answering some security questions

If you call our office on 0044 1912187777 (option 1) between the hours of 09:30-15:30 UK time, Monday – Friday, we will endeavour to assist you with this.

Yours Sincerely

Cheryl

+44 191 2187777

I have scanned my life cert back and will attempt to post by airmail tomorrow.

Lahansai post office also confirmed acceptance of airmail.... "max 2 weeks" delivery time.

At least one has a back-up as the emailed copy had a confirmed receipt. Although what happened after receipt is anyone's guess.

We had a widow wo did not return her life certificate. After the due date for return, I received a call from DWP advising me of the non return and extending the time to enable me to sort out things with the widow.

977E7FBE-C3EB-486F-96C1-40DF478C383B.png.dffff53f4bb62ddbb88e183b4cc12eb6.png

Accepted occupations for countersignatories
Your countersignatory must either:

• work in (or be retired from) a recognised profession
  • be ‘a person of good standing in their community’
Recognised professions
Examples of recognised professions include:

• accountant
  • airline pilot
  • articled clerk of a limited company
  • assurance agent of recognised company
  • bank or building society official
  • barrister
  • chairman or director of a limited company
  • chiropodist
  • commissioner for oaths
  • councillor, for example local or county
  • civil servant (permanent)
  • dentist
  • director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT-registered company
  • engineer with professional qualifications
  • financial services intermediary, for example a stockbroker or insurance broker
  • fire service official
  • funeral director
  • insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company
  • journalist
  • Justice of the Peace
  • legal secretary (fellow or associate member of the Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs)
  • licensee of a public house
  • local government officer
  • manager or personnel officer of a limited company
  • member, associate or fellow of a professional body
  • Member of Parliament
  • Merchant Navy officer
  • minister of a recognised religion (including Christian Science)
  • nurse (RGN or RMN)
  • officer of the armed services
  • optician
  • paralegal (certified paralegal, qualified paralegal or associate member of the Institute of Paralegals)
  • person with honours, for example an OBE or MBE
  • pharmacist
  • photographer (professional)
  • police officer
  • Post Office official
  • president or secretary of a recognised organisation
  • Salvation Army officer
  • social worker
  • solicitor
  • surveyor
  • teacher or lecturer
  • trade union officer
  • travel agent (qualified)
  • valuer or auctioneer (fellow or associate members of the incorporated society)
  • Warrant Officers and Chief Petty Officers
Professions that are not accepted
Your countersignatory cannot:

• work for HM Passport Office
  • be a doctor, unless they state that they know you well (for example they’re a good friend) and that they recognise you easily from your photo
You’ll be asked to find someone else if your countersignatory does not meet the requirements.

It’s a criminal offence to make a false declaration on a passport application.

If you’re not sure who to ask to be your countersignatory
Call the Passport Adviceline.

Back