UK PENSION SERVICE LIFE CERTIFICATES

That's a bit arse about face.

If they haven't received it after 28 days, do we contact them again after 29 days? Then 30 days, etc.

Surely when they receive them it would be far more logical for them to contact us?

Government departments......Logic???? Time for another beer Yorky.:D

Just to share that in UK it isn't just the pensions offices that are now suffering from Thai multiple disorder syndrome;-

I wrote asking to extend the suspension of my wife's membership at the local David Lloyd gym, as she wouldn't logically be back this year.
Answer - we have two options that you can look at - extend suspension for 3 months but pay 25% of fees (no I won't be doing that), or "if you can provide some sort of proof that she remains in Thailand for the foreseeable future, we can attempt to cancel her membership".
Ermmmm - meaning what the...????
I went round there rapidly. To be told, no - the office people don't interface with members. I said that we might just be changing that within the next 30 seconds, and the message went through the door. A nice young eastern European girl came out and said "it isn't me it's the rules".
Compromise is I will get MrsW to sign the latest monthly TV bill to show she is currently at the Thai address on the bill and send a copy by email, plus a selfie of her standing at the front gate next to the house number 397/26, (which we don't have too many of hereabouts in Port Solent). She will send that to the central David Lloyd darkened office with no windows and a 15-watt light bulb somewhere near London.

Nonsense - but because, unlike the Thai Embassy, I could talk with someone who could listen and reply and even smile, I was prepared to do it, instead of just blocking any further payments and saying "go to Hell".

There is some sense in the world:

Subject: Your Annual Pension Verification Check

Dear Mr Yorky

Target Reference Number: *********
Security Code: *************
Scheme Name: Alfred McAlpine Pension Plan (Carillion (AM) Limited)
PPF - Overseas Life Certificate Exercise

We're carrying out our annual check to ensure that the address we hold for you is accurate and up-to-date. As in previous years, our customer tracing partner, Target Professional Services is continuing to help us with this exercise.

Please respond by 23/10/2020 to confirm that the address we have for you is accurate and up-to-date. If we don't hear from you by this date, we'll have to assume that this address is no longer current and your payments will stop. Until you confirm your correct contact details, we won't be able to send any further letters or make payments to you.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

You can download the mypensionID app for free from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store which uses secure technology to verify your details. Please see below for details.

If you're unable, or don't wish to register with mypensionID, an alternative way for you to verify your details is to complete 'Part A' of the 2020 'Overseas Life Certificate' attached to this email, and return it along with valid photo ID. Please see below for full details.

If you need to talk to someone, you can either leave a voice message with our customer tracing partners, Target on +44 (0) 1243 608999 or email them at ppf@targetprofessional.co.uk and they'll respond to your enquiry.

mypensionID

A safe, simple and speedy way to verify your details is via the mypensionID app, created by our customer tracing partners, Target Professional Services. You can download the mypensionID app for free from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

All you'll need is a mobile device capable of taking photographs; a valid, government issued photo document such as passport or driving licence; and your security code, which can be found at the top of this email.

The mypensionID app is a safe and secure method of verifying your identity.

When you've downloaded mypensionID, the app instructions will guide you through your registration and verification process. If you experience any problems with the app please go to mypensionid.co.uk/contact where someone on Target's live chat team will be happy to help you. Alternatively you can send an email to info@mypensionid.co.uk

OVERSEAS LIFE CERTIFICATE

As an alternative way to verify your details you can complete 'Part A' of the 2020 'Overseas Life Certificate' form attached to this email. In addition to this form we'd need you to provide valid documents for your identification. Our preferred methods of identification are copies of one or more of the following: your passport, photo driving licence or National ID Card.

If you're unable to send the photo identification above then 'Part B' must also be filled out by an independent witness who holds an official stamp. The countersignatory must witness your signature, sign, date and stamp the certificate on the same day that you sign the form. Witnesses qualified to countersign are bank officers, doctors, lawyers or similar official administrators.

You can send us the details we've asked for in one of the following ways:

* Online through a secure portal on Target's website www.targetprofessional.co.uk using your Security Code at the top of this email

* Via post to Target Professional Services (UK) Ltd, First Floor Offices, 4 Ellis Square, Manor Road, Selsey, West Sussex, United Kingdom PO20 0AY

PPF member website
Further details of our collaboration with Target can be found on our member website.

Simply go to www.ppf.co.uk/members and click the blue 'Register' button on the home page. Follow the instructions to complete registration.

It's not rocket science.

A little of the science that I discovered this morning. First the Apps provided would not operate on my laptop. So off to the handphone.

Then the App would not accept the photograph of me. I took it a dozen times but no (I'm not very adept at cameraphones). Eventually I became pissed off and went for the alternative "target" method using the desktop. After completing the details and scanning my passport and driving licence, I pressed "log in" and it returned me to the first page. I completed the details again and the same happened. Third time lucky, I tried again - this time I received "Your account has been locked due to a failed login attempt. Please call us so we can verify your login information." I emailed them and no doubt I shall receive a response when they wake up.

After that I decided to have another go at the photography. As it was pissing down I was restricted to the stoep I wandered around using different lighting and background until it worked using the front door (teak) as a background (there was no mention of suitable backgrounds on the App). Next it was "take a scan of my passport" time. Again, no mention of which page so I tried the two adjacent pages. They wouldn't fit on the template offered so I tried each page in turn. It was not easy to keep the phone steady. The app accepted one of the pages and I continued by verifying my details. There was no acknowledgement that what I had done was correct or otherwise, the App just stopped.

I shall email the PPF on Monday to confirm the position.

A little of the science that I discovered this morning. First the Apps provided would not operate on my laptop. So off to the handphone.

Then the App would not accept the photograph of me. I took it a dozen times but no (I'm not very adept at cameraphones). Eventually I became pissed off and went for the alternative "target" method using the desktop. After completing the details and scanning my passport and driving licence, I pressed "log in" and it returned me to the first page. I completed the details again and the same happened. Third time lucky, I tried again - this time I received "Your account has been locked due to a failed login attempt. Please call us so we can verify your login information." I emailed them and no doubt I shall receive a response when they wake up.

After that I decided to have another go at the photography. As it was pissing down I was restricted to the stoep I wandered around using different lighting and background until it worked using the front door (teak) as a background (there was no mention of suitable backgrounds on the App). Next it was "take a scan of my passport" time. Again, no mention of which page so I tried the two adjacent pages. They wouldn't fit on the template offered so I tried each page in turn. It was not easy to keep the phone steady. The app accepted one of the pages and I continued by verifying my details. There was no acknowledgement that what I had done was correct or otherwise, the App just stopped.

I shall email the PPF on Monday to confirm the position.

Maybe it is akin to astrionics after all.

My response this afternoon:

"I received your email late yesterday so I delayed the response until this morning.

A few observations.

Regarding the "mypensionID App" there is not a facility for this to be used with a laptop computer (which is a mobile device capable of of taking photographs). Therefore I downloaded the App to my handphone which is far from a suitable device given my age and deteriorating eyesight. However, I gave it a go.

The App would not accept my photograph and complained that I hadn't ensured that my face was in the confines of the oval frame. Now I do not consider myself stupid and I do understand confines of the frame. I spent 20 minutes manueovering around attempting to capture an acceptable image until it was apparent that the background was the problem, not that the App explained that. A dark background is required apparently.

Then it became time to scan my passport. There was no indication which page of the passport was required (there are two pages of the British passport which contain photographs of me). Therefore I tried scanning both together. No, that was not acceptable. I then tried each page in turn and luckily, one was acceptable.

I then went on to alter and finally confirm my name and address etc., but was not given a confirmation that the submission was acceptable. It just stopped.

I would be grateful if you could confirm that my submission is acceptable and I shall continue to receive my pension without interruption.

Best regards

Yorky"

[Edit: I shall delay any comments regarding the "Target" website until I hear from them]

A response!

Dear Yorky,

Scheme Name: Alfred McAlpine Pension Plan (Carillion (AM) Limited)

Our Reference:

Thank you for using mypensionID to verify your details for the above scheme. I can confirm that your record has been successfully updated.

I would really appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to tell us about your experience of using mypensionID by completing the survey below.

Your feedback will be used to help us improve our service.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/mypensionID1

If you would like to rate the app please follow the relevant link below:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mypensionid.android

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/mypensionid-my-digitalid/id1503013485

Kind Regards

Back