UK PENSION SERVICE LIFE CERTIFICATES

Unregistered at 17baht is good enough!

I refused to pay c. ฿650.00 for EMS to send my invoice to China a few years ago and sent it unregistered. It never arrived. Luckily, CNOOC accepted photocopies of original receipts which I subsequently sent EMS.

I shall try that and advise Mr/Mrs/Miss Caitlin that I have done so and request a confirmation of receipt by email.

I shall do likewise. Will email "Dear Ms Caitlin"

Caitlín (pronounced "Cot-leen" [ˈkatʲlʲiːnʲ]) and often anglicised as Caitlin ("Kayt-lin") is a female given name of Irish origin.

I shall do likewise. Will email "Dear Ms Caitlin"

Caitlín (pronounced "Cot-leen" [ˈkatʲlʲiːnʲ]) and often anglicised as Caitlin ("Kayt-lin") is a female given name of Irish origin.

... except it is not a 'given' name, it is a surname.

Last name: Caitlin
This interesting surname derives from the medieval female given name Cat(e)lin, an Anglo-Norman French form of Catherine. This name, with many variations, comes from the Greek word "Katharos" meaning pure and clean. ... In the modern idiom the name can be spelt Cattlin, Catling, Caitlin and Catlin.

... except it is not a 'given' name, it is a surname.

Last name: Caitlin
This interesting surname derives from the medieval female given name Cat(e)lin, an Anglo-Norman French form of Catherine. This name, with many variations, comes from the Greek word "Katharos" meaning pure and clean. ... In the modern idiom the name can be spelt Cattlin, Catling, Caitlin and Catlin.

How would you know that?

I have received 3 emails similarly worded over recent days. 2 from Caitlin and one from Cheryl. On the basis that Cheryl is a first name I think it reasonable to assume Caitlin is likewise a first name.:D

Caitlin can be whatever you want him or her to be.

I have a picture in my mind of an attractive early 20's Irish lass with red hair, bringing me a pint of draft Guinness, with a big smile on her face:yum::yum:

A change of tack from the DWP. E mail received this morning

Dear Mr Nick

Thank you for your email to Newcastle Pension Centre (International Group) dated 12 September 2020.

The government/department ruling is that Life Certificates should be posted back to the department,however if you can call the department an agent may be able to extend the time to return them.

We appreciate your patience.

Yours Sincerely

Cheryl

+44 191 2187777

I didn't get around to posting mine until today but as the cover letter was dated 3rd August 2020 there is still over 9 weeks to go until it is due. If it's not going to reach UK in 9 weeks, it's never going to get there.
If they don't arrive within the permitted 16 weeks, it is likely to be the pre Christmas pension payment that will not be received.

If they don't arrive within the permitted 16 weeks, it is likely to be the pre Christmas pension payment that will not be received.

If it is only a suspension of the payment it will not bother me. Unless the PPF also suspend payments. I have not received an "Are You Still Alive" request from them (yet).

It gets better.............Another email from Caitlin

Subject: CR DWP REPLY FISHER
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 06:44:05 +0000
From: TVP International Queries <TVP.INTERNATIONALQUERIES@dwp.gov.uk

Dear Mr Nick

Thank you for your email dated 13th September 2020.

We appreciate you completing your Life Certificate form and returning it to us. Please contact us 28 days after you posted your form and we will confirm if we have received it.

Yours Sincerely
Caitlin
Pensions Officer

Email-TVP.INTERNATIONALQUERIES@DWP.GOV.UK

It gets better.............Another email from Caitlin

We appreciate you completing your Life Certificate form and returning it to us. Please contact us 28 days after you posted your form and we will confirm if we have received it.

That's a bit arse about face.

If they haven't received it after 28 days, do we contact them again after 29 days? Then 30 days, etc.

Surely when they receive them it would be far more logical for them to contact us?

Back