Visa Agent Surin

I have friends who can meet the financial requirements but hate dealing with Immigration. Not many, but multiple.

I have acquaintances that both do meet and don't meet the banking requirements...and each would rather play ball directly with an IO (in and out) than utilise a visa agent.
Horses for courses.

Never mind breakfast. What about the night before............wine, women and song?

\
Don't assume that other married men follow your lead...... :)

As one of our finest married men said recently.......".... we married men are on a short leash and any solo tete-a-tete with young and attractive Thai ladies can be a just cause to start a thermal nuclear war. "

The fear of thermonuclear war - or worse - seems to be more effective than any chastity belt....

Whilst I can understand that a 'solo tete-a-tete is prohibited, does a threesome count? (asking for a friend).

\
As one of our finest married men said recently.......".... we married men are on a short leash and any solo tete-a-tete with young and attractive Thai ladies can be a just cause to start a thermal nuclear war. "
The fear of thermonuclear war - or worse...

I'm not even a "married man" but I always fully understand the potential future ramifications of my actions.

When I was 'younger' quite possibly those thoughts weren't front and foremost when they needed to be.

I was always told that suppression is never a good thing......

I was told 'everything in moderation' was a good thing...but alas, sometimes youth has its own agenda.

"I met a girl in Ibiza
Told myself something wasn't cool.
I took it all in stride
When she took me for a ride.
Next day I felt like such a fool."

Last edited:
Visa agents are not my style either, and I will add, why spend thousands of baht for what should be a fairly cheap 1,900 baht once per year if you do it yourself? I do not know how much Visa agents charge for their services, but I doubt if you get too much change from 15,000 baht. I have been renewing my permission to stay in Thailand for the past 19 years or so. Yes, the requirements seem to change from year to year but, generally speaking, renewing one's permission to stay is a relatively painless affair, especially if you have taken the time and made the effort to prepare your application.

The same can be said for those that prefer the border run to Savannakhet, why pay a couple of thousand baht to get there, with an overnight in Mukhdahan, and an overnight in Savannakhet, followed by a 5,000 baht fee for the "Marriage Visa"? And then, visa in hand, scurry south to Chom Chong every 90 days for an overnighter in the wilds of Cambodia. What does that cost? A couple of thousand for the visa re-entry stamp plus accommodation and spending money for one night in Cambodia. Repeat 3 times a year. No, it makes no sense to me to be shelling out big money when 1,900 baht once per year is the cheap and easy alternative.
No scurrying about or overnight in Chong Chum. Less than an hour's drive up and a leisurely drive back stopping to shop, eat, visit people I don't see often, etc. (Wilds of Cambodia 555, just steps over the border for 20 minutes and return to Thailand.) And I have the money to show to do the visa and have done so recently my past two years 'retirement' visas, due to the covid border closures. Multiple entry to use whenever wanted with no hassle of getting the re-entry stamp, which costs each time. Just done my visa, no muss, no fuss, no BS, smooth as silk. Good rooms, good foods and the beer Lao cold and tasty (seems to taste even better there). 3 more weeks and off to the US. No worries on my return (my retirement visa was set to expire end of October, even though I 'should' be back before then I didn't want to have to diddle about getting a new one right after getting back here.) As said before, I do it my way and it works for me. Have the income for both retirement and for marriage visa, and can show it. For some reason though they in Immi here seem to hate to go through the 'extra' paperwork to do a marriage visa and always want to put you on a retirement visa. It irks me, I don't like being irked or jerked or played.

I want to travel more as the covid stuff wans. Multiple entry is the way to go and easy to do in Savanakhet. Was talking to our mini van driver in Lao and he was telling me it is only 250 kilos to VN from there and he has a license/insurance to drive in VN. May do a holiday there after the New Year. 63 yro, very decent man, no drinking, drugs or smoking. A family man of good standing with a great van to boot, and very safe driver who gets along great with Waen, Starbeam and Fon. Pleasant intelligent and knowledgeable guy. Had lots of stories to tell of when the Americans were there during the VN war too. I am very comfortable with him driving and showing us around.

Everything going to plan. Just a little hop, skip and jump and happy with the outcome. Weather wasn't a problem, though the last 25% of the ride up had some rain. The return was excellent. Barely any traffic at all. Do bring your vaccination passport. It was required it seems.
Never mind breakfast. What about the night before............wine, women and song?
Some places were open at night, but being with wife, daughter and SIL we went to a favorite restaurant and ate like royalty and drank more beer Lao. :) Place was mobbed in the restaurant building that has air con and balconies by a tour of Vietnamese. We sat outside near the music stage, an area that was open and hardly any customers while the VN had the run of the building itself. Noisy lot having a blast. 2 busses full of them.

Just back in Surin an hour ago. My fav coffee clutch Cafe 13 was closed and bare inside, no more guitars and musical instruments, and the nice Savan Cafe next door was the same, closed and not a piece of furniture inside.

Last edited:
What about Vietnamese women in Laos? :wink:
Actually was told there are a lot of Vietnamese in Savanakhet. Chinese too.

One note to mention, while the covid seems to have ruined the economy for many small businesses I'd say more than half the people running about were maskless. Many many places were closed and look to have been closed for many months and given up their business. Mainly van driver, hotel staff, restaurant staff, and some of the still working businesses were wearing masks. But in public hardly any were wearing one. We wore ours while out and about. Lao Customs/border staff were all masked basically, and they wanted to see the vaccine passport.

Actually was told there are a lot of Vietnamese in Savanakhet. Chinese too.

One note to mention, while the covid seems to have ruined the economy for many small businesses I'd say more than half the people running about were maskless. Many many places were closed and look to have been closed for many months and given up their business. Mainly van driver, hotel staff, restaurant staff, and some of the still working businesses were wearing masks. But in public hardly any were wearing one. We wore ours while out and about. Lao Customs/border staff were all masked basically, and they wanted to see the vaccine passport.

Wait until you visit the States.

When you return to Thailand it will look odd seeing so many people wearing masks.

Then decide which 'new normal' you like.

@Prakhonchai Nick you seem to have forgotten any affair with a Laos women (Who is not your wife) is illegal in Laos. In the current financial state, I would not want to try.
Yes, I recall that from 30 years ago. Never had to do a visa run, but friends who went to Laos used an agent to show they were "married" Hadn't realised it was still the same today!

No scurrying about or overnight in Chong Chum. Less than an hour's drive up and a leisurely drive back stopping to shop, eat, visit people I don't see often, etc. (Wilds of Cambodia 555, just steps over the border for 20 minutes and return to Thailand.) And I have the money to show to do the visa and have done so recently my past two years 'retirement' visas, due to the covid border closures. Multiple entry to use whenever wanted with no hassle of getting the re-entry stamp, which costs each time. Just done my visa, no muss, no fuss, no BS, smooth as silk. Good rooms, good foods and the beer Lao cold and tasty (seems to taste even better there). 3 more weeks and off to the US. No worries on my return (my retirement visa was set to expire end of October, even though I 'should' be back before then I didn't want to have to diddle about getting a new one right after getting back here.) As said before, I do it my way and it works for me. Have the income for both retirement and for marriage visa, and can show it. For some reason though they in Immi here seem to hate to go through the 'extra' paperwork to do a marriage visa and always want to put you on a retirement visa. It irks me, I don't like being irked or jerked or played.

I want to travel more as the covid stuff wans. Multiple entry is the way to go and easy to do in Savanakhet. Was talking to our mini van driver in Lao and he was telling me it is only 250 kilos to VN from there and he has a license/insurance to drive in VN. May do a holiday there after the New Year. 63 yro, very decent man, no drinking, drugs or smoking. A family man of good standing with a great van to boot, and very safe driver who gets along great with Waen, Starbeam and Fon. Pleasant intelligent and knowledgeable guy. Had lots of stories to tell of when the Americans were there during the VN war too. I am very comfortable with him driving and showing us around.

Everything going to plan. Just a little hop, skip and jump and happy with the outcome. Weather wasn't a problem, though the last 25% of the ride up had some rain. The return was excellent. Barely any traffic at all. Do bring your vaccination passport. It was required it seems.

Some places were open at night, but being with wife, daughter and SIL we went to a favorite restaurant and ate like royalty and drank more beer Lao. :) Place was mobbed in the restaurant building that has air con and balconies by a tour of Vietnamese. We sat outside near the music stage, an area that was open and hardly any customers while the VN had the run of the building itself. Noisy lot having a blast. 2 busses full of them.

Just back in Surin an hour ago. My fav coffee clutch Cafe 13 was closed and bare inside, no more guitars and musical instruments, and the nice Savan Cafe next door was the same, closed and not a piece of furniture inside.
Enjoyed the excellent report Cent. Sometime in the not near future if possible I'd like to get the info on that man that drives the van. Taking a trip there would be a great excursion for Me, Wife and possibly her Sister. She will be coming to visit from the UK.

\

The fear of thermonuclear war - or worse - seems to be more effective than any chastity belt....

Whilst I can understand that a 'solo tete-a-tete is prohibited, does a threesome count? (asking for a friend).
While thermo nuclear war is a bad end, duck feeding is a more personal scary situation. LOL

First 12 month multi visa me and the wife flew from CNX to Kuala Lumpur. Handed paper work and passport and they said no problem give me a recipe with a number on it and said come back tomorrow. The second time was in Washington D.C. Thai Royal Consult. On a Monday walked in turned my paperwork and passport the lady behind the bullet prof glass notice me looking over my shoulder and ask if that was wife? I her come to the window and present her passport. Her passport photocopy and signed the page's. This lady could see was my my wife. I should have returned Friday but the lady gave a receipt with date and a number and return Wednesday at 11AM our taxi had us there at 1030. I gave the wife my the receipt she dashed in was back out in 5 minute's with my 12 months multiple. ;;victory;;

First 12 month multi visa me and the wife flew from CNX to Kuala Lumpur. Handed paper work and passport and they said no problem give me a recipe with a number on it and said come back tomorrow. The second time was in Washington D.C. Thai Royal Consult. On a Monday walked in turned my paperwork and passport the lady behind the bullet prof glass notice me looking over my shoulder and ask if that was wife? I her come to the window and present her passport. Her passport photocopy and signed the page's. This lady could see was my my wife. I should have returned Friday but the lady gave a receipt with date and a number and return Wednesday at 11AM our taxi had us there at 1030. I gave the wife my the receipt she dashed in was back out in 5 minute's with my 12 months multiple. ;;victory;;
What year's did make these trips in ?

Back