WISE

Back on topic. As someone who has never used Wise, can Wise accounts be used to 'satisfy' Immigration for monies coming in for income purposes when applying for a marriage/retirement visa?
Although it's not appropriate for me now, maybe I might change visa types in the future when I get my second pension (@ 66years old).

Back on topic. As someone who has never used Wise, can Wise accounts be used to 'satisfy' Immigration for monies coming in for income purposes when applying for a marriage/retirement visa?
Although it's not appropriate for me now, maybe I might change visa types in the future when I get my second pension (@ 66years old).
Yes.

I have done so.

I highlighted each monthly transfer and printed the Wise PDF of the transfer.

There is a drop down menu of reasons for transfer and it is suggested that you choose "Funds for long term stay in Thailand". I don't always bother.

Is that to prove that the monies arrive from outside Thailand?
I use my pension statements to prove how much I get monthly/annually. I then highlight the monthly transfers on the 12-month bank statement. I also made a summary of monthly transfers to show that I exceeded the 65,000 baht/month. However, I will not be doing that again. The admin assistant behind the desk discarded that summary and did her own.

NEW FEATURE FROM WISE

Good news! We’re making your wish to send money overseas from Thai Baht with Wise come true. Start sending to over 60 countries worldwide with our transparent pricing.

How to get started

Login as usual

Login to your Wise app and select 'Send Money'​

Select currency and amount

Choose 'THB' as the source currency and enter the amount to send​

Verify details

Follow the verification flow (only required once)​

Make your payment or transfer

Open your banking app and make a payment by scanning the QR code​

NEW FEATURE FROM WISE

It appears that the "new feature" requires a "banking app" which is probably not available for my PC.

However, the process that I use on my PC is not dissimilar and requires minimum input (effort) even for a Luddite like me.

It appears that the "new feature" requires a "banking app" which is probably not available for my PC.

However, the process that I use on my PC is not dissimilar and requires minimum input (effort) even for a Luddite like me.
Think you are correct. Only available for telephones, not PC's

NEW FEATURE FROM WISE

Good news! We’re making your wish to send money overseas from Thai Baht with Wise come true. Start sending to over 60 countries worldwide with our transparent pricing.

How to get started

Login as usual

Login to your Wise app and select 'Send Money'​

Select currency and amount

Choose 'THB' as the source currency and enter the amount to send​

Verify details

Follow the verification flow (only required once)​

Make your payment or transfer

Open your banking app and make a payment by scanning the QR code​

I don't have any spare Baht to send anywhere....

Wise and NatWest were a little slow for a transfer today. Almost 20 minutes from Isle of Man to Wise to Kasikorn, Surin.

Wise and NatWest were a little slow for a transfer today. Almost 20 minutes from Isle of Man to Wise to Kasikorn, Surin.

Which part carried the delay? IoM to Wise, or Wise to KBank?

Which part carried the delay? IoM to Wise, or Wise to KBank?

I believe the "delay" in the time to send the monies was predominantly due to Wise. Wise confirmed receipt around 3 or 4 minutes after I instructed NWI to transfer the money and Kasikorn bank advised me of receipt some 15 minutes later.

I am not complaining; I am very pleased with the service provided by both parties. In fact, they excel in my opinion as I remember a few years ago a representative of Barnett Waddingham of Leeds, advised me that transfers from UK to Thailand take a week because I "live so far away"!

I believe the "delay" in the time to send the monies was predominantly due to Wise. Wise confirmed receipt around 3 or 4 minutes after I instructed NWI to transfer the money and Kasikorn bank advised me of receipt some 15 minutes later.

I am not complaining; I am very pleased with the service provided by both parties. In fact, they excel in my opinion as I remember a few years ago a representative of Barnett Waddingham of Leeds, advised me that transfers from UK to Thailand take a week because I "live so far away"!

I agree entirely about WISE.

So that's a "NO" then?
OFX state "up front" rates and provide a very adequate and traceable income stream, from source to recipient in a Thai bank and,
the recipients ammount is in hard copy in ฿, yes, wise rates look more attractive on the surface however, take a close look at the hidden fine print.
I am registered with WISE BUT, not using it/ them

OFX state "up front" rates and provide a very adequate and traceable income stream, from source to recipient in a Thai bank and,
the recipients ammount is in hard copy in ฿, yes, wise rates look more attractive on the surface however, take a close look at the hidden fine print.
I am registered with WISE BUT, not using it/ them

What fine print. Nothing is clearer than WISE.

Nothing hidden, rates close to Visa/Mastercard daily rates and fees very clear. Whilst the fees seem relative high on the surface

What do you want a 'traceable income stream for'? (whatever that is.....). WISE show a live audit trail of the transaction, usually have the funds in your Thai account within 10 seconds and produce a PDF of the transfer (which can be used as evidence of monthly income for Thai immigration).

What fine print. Nothing is clearer than WISE.

Nothing hidden, rates close to Visa/Mastercard daily rates and fees very clear. Whilst the fees seem relative high on the surface

What do you want a 'traceable income stream for'? (whatever that is.....). WISE show a live audit trail of the transaction, usually have the funds in your Thai account within 10 seconds and produce a PDF of the transfer (which can be used as evidence of monthly income for Thai immigration).
When I was doing my last extension, two weeks ago and produced bank statements from my Thai bank outlining my income,
I was asked to show from where overseas my income was comming, a "tracable income stream", from my Australian bank to OFX to my Thai bank.
I don't make the rules, immigration do--all the time.

Back