Visa Agent Surin

A 1 yr extension based on marriage is available in Savanakhet, Laos for 5000 baht, with no financial records required. Service is next day.
The down side is you must exit the country every 90 days.
Yup. I've done it that way for a few years. Will do the same way this Tuesday when in Savanakhet. Gets me out in the Prasat and other areas every 90 days for some visiting and shopping. Since the Covid stuff started I went onto a retiree visa for the past couple of years. Borders were all closed.

Yup. I've done it that way for a few years. Will do the same way this Tuesday when in Savanakhet. Gets me out in the Prasat and other areas every 90 days for some visiting and shopping. Since the Covid stuff started I went onto a retiree visa for the past couple of years. Borders were all closed.
And yes, as Co-Co points out it is NOT an 'extension' but a brand new marriage visa each time, which I have no problem with.

Come on @Wombat, do it yourself. It really is not that difficult. Both @Yorky and me have written guides to follow and a list of what you need. If your paperwork is in order you will be in and out within a couple of hours. The total cost is 1,900 baht + 300 baht for the letter and bank statement. If you need help, I am happy to give you a steer.
If doing it on income and certified by the Embassy.
Is a bank letter required?

Seems like an economic no-brainer and the beer is fine in Lao with lovely baguette pork sandwiches.

I surmise the only downside is marriage. :p lol

Enjoy a safe trip this week. :)
Travel to Savannakhet and back, visa to Laos, 4 x visa to Cambodia, food and lodging in Savannakhet and 5000 baht for the visa.
There is not much difference in cost between what a visa agent charges here and what the Savannakhet visa costs by the time you have left the country 4 more times over the year. I understand that you can leave and return the day before your visa expires and get a further 90 days though effectively giving you 15 months.

New Zealand and Canadian Embassies do letters.
There maybe others.

The British Embassy will type a letter (for around ฿3,000.00) which states that you have an income of whatever because that's what you've told them. However, they are not prepared to "certify" the income, a requirement that Thai Immigration I believe now insist upon.

The British Embassy will type a letter (for around ฿3,000.00) which states that you have an income of whatever because that's what you've told them. However, they are not prepared to "certify" the income, a requirement that Thai Immigration I believe now insist upon.
Yup. A waste of 3K baht. I don't think the US Embassy will even do the letter of income any more, as they know it's a waste.

If doing it on income and certified by the Embassy.
Is a bank letter required?
You no longer need a letter confirming your income certified by your embassy. In fact, the British Embassy as @Yorky pointed out never did certify your income. The fact that the British Embassy no longer provides such letters saves me 2,500 baht once a year when I extend my permission to stay.

Of the 2 methods for an extension based on retirement, I use the 12-monthly payments of more than 65,000 baht, every month of the year. Immigration does require a 12-month bank statement (200 baht) and a letter (100 baht) confirming your bank book balance on the day of application. It is essential that the balances on your bank book and your letter are the same. The young lady admin assistant in Immigration will analyze your bank statement to confirm that you meet the 65,000 baht per month criteria.

If using money in the bank method, 800,000 baht, I understand you need a statement for the previous 3 months and a letter from the bank confirming your balance has not fallen below 800,000 during the previous 3 months. There is also a requirement to keep that minimum balance for a further 3 months once the application has been approved.

I don't think they will.

Back